DBS Bank

DBS Bank Employee Reviews for Intern

Intern9 reviews
Singapore9 reviews
I was only an intern at DBS so am unable to provide a very accurate view of working in the company, but the company culture is great, and has great benefits for its employees, especially those of higher ranks.
Lack of guidance and teamwork
A lot of manual and redundant work when it can be automated

Wish the people there were nicer

No sense of belongingness
You can learnt quite a lot but environment is very dull. People are so focused on their work and they can end till very late at night. There is not much time to mingle around or bond with one another.
The colleagues were very helpful during my internship in DBS. I did not have any regrets being employed here. Team meetings being held often to resolve any problems.
A good opportunity being an intern in DBS. Good work culture and the staff there are mostly friendly and approachable. DBS always give opportunities for their employees to progress. They believe in mobility, hence there are a lot of opportunities for the staff to explore different part of the bank.
The culture of the workplace is very inclusive and a lot of teamwork is required for tasks to be carried out well.Management is very organised and systematic.
Pros
Amazing, comfortable setting
Cons
Not many tasks as I was just an intern
I have learn to manage my time to submit reports on time. Well organised company. Although there is lots of work load, many things to learn. Work like is balanced as they study 5 at 5 (Friday finish work at 5pm).
Pros
Well organised
Cons
many work load
I was an intern at one of the corporate customer KYC team. It was a one time project to review accounts of the customer. Requires me to be meticulous and effective in my work under strict timing.
a typical day at work is where i would have to follow the schedule given by my supervisor. At DBS Bank is where i first learn the working life. i learn that i need to learn when to say no, learn to manage my time to be considered effective and efficient in doing my work to meet the quota of task to be done in a day / per hour. Everyone was friendly, helpful and understanding. The hardest part of the job is when there is nothing for me to do. The most enjoyable part of the job is everything. From the start to the end of this job was exciting and enjoyable.
Pros
free coffee, free lunch & snacks (some days)
Cons
nil