DBS Bank

DBS Bank Employee Reviews for Relationship Manager

Relationship Manager10 reviews
Singapore10 reviews
I've learn a great deal about banking system and wealth management in the bank.These includes and not limited to areas of compliance, sales process, investment, insurance, service cultures and more.

However, because the role i was assign to, was a experimental role with not much career advancement structure in place.
Pros
Employee benefits
Cons
No structured career progression
Through the job in DBS, I was able to further equip myself my greater financial knowledge and also hone my interpersonal skills. The working environment in DBS is really pleasant due to the company culture. Although at times we do have to work overtime so as to meet our targets, the company we have makes it a lot more bearable and enjoyable. DBS also organises many events in order to encourage a good work-life balance in their employees. Personally, DBS has taught me a lot not just in terms of knowledge but the experience itself has helped me to grow further as an individual.
Pros
Good working environment, good incentives
Cons
long hours, rather stressful
DBS is a good company to work. Overall culture is nice and colleagues are friendly. It has a very Asian culture and in the meanwhile very localized in each country.
The job encompasses learning and operations in a multi disciplinary manner requiring conscientious qualities such as attention to details leaving no room for mistakes.
Pros
Excellent staff benefits
Cons
lacking management
A good place to grow provided you are achieving beyond your peers. Strict regulatory procedures, with no room for discrepancies. sometimes feels like working in a bureaucratic setup
The amount of time spent at work with colleagues are long. They are a large part of my everyday life at work.

The relationship between us are amicable. We learnt and worked well together. The toughest part of the role was to manage expectations.
Learned to manage time well as multi-task is a necessity. Great co-workers to chill with after work. Good remuneration package and benefits. Well structured organisation.
I enjoyed my time working in DBS as it rewarded me handsomely based on the effort i put in. It is a good start in my working life and personal life where i picked up essential life skills about how to manage my finances and how to plan out my life financially. It also satisfies me when what i have learnt can help others in so many ways (e.g for educational planning, retirement planning, legacy planning)

The hardest part of the job is to get the customer to understand and see the need to save/invest. More often than not, there is always a huge inertia towards saving as people are only accustomed to spending. But what is the hardest part of this job is also the most enjoyable part as through this dilemma, we are able to help customer understand, that to be able to reach their financial goals and achieve their wants, planning early is essential. It is very satisfactory when we can provide the right solutions for customers to make their life just that much better.
Pros
meeting people from all walks of life
Cons
The working culture differs from different compartment, on whole a good environment. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Pros
pay decent
Cons
stress
Fun work place with supportive management. Generally nice colleagues and superiors. Flexible work arrangements and family-oriented culture.