DBS Bank
DBS Bank Employee Review

Great Environment to Work In

March 12, 2020
Working in DBS would give you ample opportunities to flex your brain muscles as you are faced with multiple situations in which you would have to resolve customers' issues. However, team managers are always around to assist and guide you in the right direction. Colleagues are very friendly and quick to welcome you as part of their team.
Pros
Free food almost every 2 to 3 week
Cons
Shift based
February 4, 2020
Same roleSame location
Customer Service Officer (Current Employee) - MBFC
Work life balanced, nice environment with friendly colleagues
Good learning workplace

Internal and external course provided

Internal mobility is possible
January 2, 2020
Same roleSame location
Trade Counter Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) - Singapore
Great and very challenging experience working with DBS Bank as it was my first working experience in banking industry. Therefore, as I have multi experience with different company in different industry. I am looking forward to get a new job as soon as possible as I am available immediately.
December 5, 2018
Organise lots of activities for staff after work but it is tough to attend as we need to sleep after a whole night of work.
For night shift we are multi trained to answer all sorts of enquiries from banking, credit cards to investments related.

As a Chinese customer service officer, we have to attend to Chinese calls apart from English. The Chinese calls tend to be long and often exceed our KPIs. We have to try and shorten the subsequent calls to average out . It is very challenging and could be stressful too.

During night and early morning, there is downtime for system maintenance, the incoming calls could be very challenging as customers are angry that certain functions are not available over digital banking.

We have our annual dragon boat race and this a family event and also the Bank’s annual dinner. We also have activities for call centre too.
Pros
Graveyard shift is suitable for me
Cons
Hot seating