DBS Bank

DBS Bank Employee Reviews

Singapore275 reviews
Its a good experience working with DBS , its a Asia leading bank and the environment is fun. So much of social activities making the staff feel appreciated.
Great place to discover who you really are and how you may contribute to a meaningful career!!!

Its also a fast paced organization and in recent years DBS has adopted a start-up culture, ensuring everyone is given ample opportunities to have the space in developing their individual potential.
Pros
Helpful management team
Cons
Can't think of any yet
Very good bank to work with, good leadership and culture to promote people and grow the career. I would not have moved out if not for a good opportunity to get into the next level
Pros
informal culture
Cons
slow growth
Worth the hard work! Strict guidelines but worth every investment of time with the good AL and bonuses that they offer.In all, great company to work in. Rewarding career.
Organise lots of activities for staff after work but it is tough to attend as we need to sleep after a whole night of work.
For night shift we are multi trained to answer all sorts of enquiries from banking, credit cards to investments related.

As a Chinese customer service officer, we have to attend to Chinese calls apart from English. The Chinese calls tend to be long and often exceed our KPIs. We have to try and shorten the subsequent calls to average out . It is very challenging and could be stressful too.

During night and early morning, there is downtime for system maintenance, the incoming calls could be very challenging as customers are angry that certain functions are not available over digital banking.

We have our annual dragon boat race and this a family event and also the Bank’s annual dinner. We also have activities for call centre too.
Pros
Graveyard shift is suitable for me
Cons
Hot seating
Widen knowledge base as you are given the freedom to make a difference. Fun workplace with activities arranged for teamwork sessions. Provided ample training in relation to work streams. People are dedicated at their work - each trying to achieve Company’s objectives.
Pros
Widen knowledge base
Cons
Long Hours
Productive and Fun working environment and good learning environment. Colleagues here are co-operative and helpful and there is process thru which one can communicate issues to higher management .
Cons
job security
Cool Place to work with. I had fun and at the same time I learned o many things working abroad. I gain a lot of knowledge and friends and I do appreciate my boss.
I have been working here for more than 2 years , DBS is great place to work and work culture is good , I have learned a lot about the banking domain..
A typical day would be heading to the branch and attending customers service needs or banking enquiries and also setting up appointments with DBS clients. I learned how to communicate with customers from all walks of life and nationality especially dealing with mass market consumers. Since it was a sales oriented role definitely there was constant stress and pressure from management to hit your monthly targets and goals. The hardest part of this job would definitely be the ability to react positively to rejection which is a constant part of this job however the most enjoyable part was that i got to financially help lots of customers who were not financially savvy enough to plan for their future.
Pros
rewarding incentives and benefits
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at DBS Bank?
Nice place to work. The team is very bonded and the boss is quite humorous. Nice experience to work there. Good life-work balance. Good mix of experienced people and young people.
Do tele calls
Learn to handle different groups of people

Handle walk in

Go for appointments

Self disciplined culture

Hardest part is to get appointments

Flexible and good incentive
Pros
good incentives
Cons
working hours not fixed
Fun workplace with activities arranged for teamwork sessions. Provided ample training in relation to workstreams. People are dedicated at their work - each trying to achieve Company’s objectives.
Needs improvement on the work life balance and more needed,
Lot of manual things can be done in day to day work and automation helps to achieve this
- Many things to learn, to explore and have to be on your own as you do not have the luxury to be slow in daily work/tasks
- You need to acquire the knowledge fast, very steep learning curve where guidance is usually not in place

- This place really trains up my multi-tasking skills as well as time management skills.
Pros
Good remuneration package
Cons
very long hours, definitely not a place for work-life balance
Very heavy on the office politics side, very judgmental. Also, treat minorities very poorly. Needed all the extra propaganda from youtube to showcase their 'successful' working environment.

Worst job ever. Doesn't really benefit at all and no career progression
Working hours need to be review.
Manpower can be better managed accordingly

Service standards not only apply to external customers, should extend to internal staff
Pros
Remuneration
Cons
Long working hours, insufficient manpower
Experience with DBS was enjoyable with nice colleagues. Company ensured that staff are well taken care of with necessary employee benefits provided. Superior has made sure that all in the team is well connected.
This project made me as onsite coordinator role which was very challenging, this project has given me an exposure of how to handle the client, the project manager of mine has noticed the potential of mine in the work I perform and recommended me for being as onsite coordinator and this has made my responsibilities to be more.
Was pleased with the role for the last few years till change of role was given. Unable to fit the new role well besides multi tasking with previous duties.
Pros
free meals when there are balance from events
Cons
nil
Very very good to learn good company to work for. I had very awesome learning in this company which i never had in my previous organizations.

Good to work,