DBS Bank

DBS Bank Employee Reviews

Singapore275 reviews
Its a good experience working with DBS , its a Asia leading bank and the environment is fun. So much of social activities making the staff feel appreciated.
Knowledge gained from trades matching coming from big institutional investment banks

Better understanding on how the institutions places big trades via DBS bank as underwriter
Deal with customers' needs
Standard routine

Must be a good team player in case if next teller needs our help

Unable to take MC until its approved by branch manager
Has a good work life balance, great workplace culture. Provides challenging roles. Gives an opportunity to hear your voice. It provides with varied opportunity and platforms to show your talent and abilities.
Working in this bank, you have to be on your toes literally.
You need to be fast, knowledgeable and quick in making your judgement to quickly help customers with their queries.

Work is never hard, managing your own time is the hardest. We try to achieve work life balance however, it can sometimes tilt more towards work. But fret not, do not give up. Supportive colleagues are always by your side to help you feel at home.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when we send our customers off with a smile, when we are able to solve all their problems and queries.
Pros
Good Teamwork, medical and lifestyle benefits.
Cons
Long working hours
The most enjoyable and exciting thing was to build the Java program which could benefit the entire team. From basic to advanced, it was an enjoyable learning curve. My colleagues were responsible and patient in explaining the key business for our team and made me adapt to the working environment as soon as possible.
. every day collect document from Post Office.
. clear all document received from Post Office

. go despatch send document to various bank.

. hardest time when come New year have to work late till night.
I have been working at DBS Bank as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Good company benefit

Good Employee Benefit

Good working colleagues

Cons

Long overtime hours

Long working hours

Low life balance
The culture of this company is great and everyone I works with was amazing
This certainly is a great place to work, but due to my commitment to my family, I am unable to continue working permanent graveyard shifts.
Pros
Great workplace culture
Cons
Always good to have friends at work and the overall environment in DBS is good and healthy. This bank goes the extra mile in providing benefits and welfare for all staff. It further justifies the point that the bank is a fantastic employer.
Long working hours and it's normal to works on weekends. Mountains of projects but team members are capable so quite enjoy to work here. Management is good and willing to send you to attend courses.
Pros
Fast pace and good pay
Cons
long working hours
It is the best place to work, I love working with DBS as they treat everyone equally. Good balance of work and life.

I was employed as a contractor doing exactly the same position when I was there as a permanent staff, was with HR-Training department. Handle on their leadership section eg. support, coordinate, schedule, booking etc. WDA Funding, Invigilate examination, monthly reports etc.
Pros
develop a bonding relationship with everyone in the dept
Cons
Nil
I've learn a great deal about banking system and wealth management in the bank.These includes and not limited to areas of compliance, sales process, investment, insurance, service cultures and more.

However, because the role i was assign to, was a experimental role with not much career advancement structure in place.
Pros
Employee benefits
Cons
No structured career progression
Ambitious, digital driven, forward looking, strategic. Good place to learnt. Strong management. The most enjoyable part of the job was to be able to value add with new ideas.
Pros
Energytic
Cons
legacy
You can learnt quite a lot but environment is very dull. People are so focused on their work and they can end till very late at night. There is not much time to mingle around or bond with one another.
The colleagues were very helpful during my internship in DBS. I did not have any regrets being employed here. Team meetings being held often to resolve any problems.
A good opportunity being an intern in DBS. Good work culture and the staff there are mostly friendly and approachable. DBS always give opportunities for their employees to progress. They believe in mobility, hence there are a lot of opportunities for the staff to explore different part of the bank.
Being in a customer service related department is challenging, which requires adequate and proper training. In a fast pace industry, empowering employees and enhancing necessary tools for the relevant work is important. Not much work-life balance probably due to the emphasis on service excellence and the nature of the industry. Stress is high, customers can get abusive at times
Cons
Long hours, Ot
My previous boss was nice however this new boss is a disaster. Please dont hire someone with many years of sales experience but no leadership skills to be a Branch Business Manager. Branch sales suck because of him and he doesnt realise it. A lot of people left after he came in within a short period of time. Running sales is bad enough and we dont want to have to fight with our boss every single day.
Pros
Reputable brand
Cons
Long hours, poor management
Allowed me to better understand services provided and have a very inclusive work culture. It is a place to not only work but also to have fun. Opportunities were avast with DBS bank.
I am working on the datamart reports and have interactions with users. I have learned lot experience on murex datamart. Work environment is very good at dbs.