Dell Technologies

Dell Technologies Employee Reviews

Found 10,259 reviews matching the search
I would love to join and work for Dell again if given a chance . Great company . Very good benefits . I admire their trusted relationships. Culture is so good you will regret leaving this company
Managers take care of their people while focusing on getting the job done right. Open discussion on work is encouraged. Projects are fairly assigned. Virtual teams are used to get the works done. Deadlines are tight but driven by the customers.
Pros
all
Cons
many hours
I have learnt a lot while working in this organisation. Their training module was excellent and well organized. End to end knowledge in the field of insurance.
Pros
Flexible shift timings
Cons
Proximity to my home was huge.
Great place to work but management is very hit or miss. Many legacy Dell team members need to grow out of the command and control method of managing people or projects. We come to work to respect each other, not be in control of each other and we certainly do not command our peers. We leave children at home. It's time Dell evolved past this culture.
Pros
Super great perks, Cool programs to be a part of, Plenty to do to never be bored.
Cons
Hit or miss very ego-centric leadership, When it's bad - it's really bad, Haven't learned you can't solve people problems with technical conversation
I was with my original company for a few years working on multiple success programs during the Dell acquisition process of this company. Upon immediate acquisition/buyout of the business, management handoff unwarranted intellectual properties and seized all R&D data for the various programs before acquisition in hope of job security and program ownership. Less than two months later upon Dell's onboarding and final acquisition of Alienware, 80% of the Alienware workforce laid off, left with job growth verbal promises. One can assume: the removal of documented R&D program personnel and provided new contractual arrangements that superseded pre-existed incentive was to circumvent legal employees' action against both organizations if agreed by the employee by with enticed contractual arrangement that affords Dell & their partners to not rightfully compensate intellects. Leadership was poor, file management disorganized, and lack of internal Design and Engineer teams that value well acumen for the Arts and Sciences. If Dell is acquiring your company, start to look for a new opportunity and do not sign contractual offers without an attorney as these contracts provide a little time to complete and return with the threat of being laid-off that happened anyway from my experience. This organization is not a great place to start a career unless you're on the corporate side of the business, then maybe you get credited for your work which they hoist from their acquisition business development process and hang off to their corporate leadership to lead cheap product development in Asian to - more...
Pros
Prestige
Cons
No involvement from corporate management during the acquisition process of successful startups
I would recommend this job to everyone goodpay . The managers kind of suck and it’s a lot of driving. I think the opportunity to grow isn’t bad. Especially if your right out of college.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
I have spent my entire 5 years career as a new graduate with Dell Technologies, have worked in different groups and creative friends. People surrounding me were always helpful - that's a great culture you will love to be part of. However, employment practice and ethics is 0 out of 5. They assured me of fixing my visa, wasted all my OPT period, and pushed me to Dell Canada with the hope to finish my Green Card processing. Eventually, they laid off the team and I became the ultimate victim. With their 30 years of experienced advisor and attorney, they have destroyed my life - no visa in the USA and a closed work permit in Canada! They never keep promises!
Pros
Great teams and people from diverse culture
Cons
They don't care for your life or what they have promised, International graduates with CPT-OPT visa are never recommended, Very poor HR and immigration department communications, All the plans regarding your visa issue are lucrative - they rarely solve your visa issue, Very poor employment ethics, Software has always been looked as secondary business
Dell is a fast paced work environment that can be very challenging. There is very limited career mobility however and they seem to do random layoffs every year, right after Christmas in the USA, so keep that in mind if you take a job there. You can be a great employee, but you are at the mercy of some accountant that doesn't know your name. The compensation, benefits, and a true commitment to maintaining a good work/life balance make taking a job there worthwhile. Just like any job, you may have to work harder at times, but every manager I had there was serious about giving that time back. You won't find any formal career support or training. You are very much on your own in that regard. That said, I would go back to Dell if the proper opportunity presented itself.
Pros
Compensation, benefits, work/life balance, lots of smart people
Cons
Limited career mobility, frequent lay-offs
You can definitely get great training and good pay. The culture however is not inclusive. It is very much an all white boys club. If you are a white man you will do well here. If you are a minority, hope that you get a manager that will go to bat for you. They are few and far between.
Used to be great but cost cutting (for the unknown) and overall reduction of head count especially on tenured employees is ridiculous. The put female managers in role even when they're not ready to be in management, just to be diverse.
The company itself isn't so bad. Good benefits, competitive pay. The work itself is stressful and unrewarding. Not enough training for the calls they want you to take. While the warranty states customers MUST be available to troubleshoot, this is often ignored if the customer screams enough and to the right people. But if that next dispatch doesn't fix it, it comes back on you. Management has started to shift from customer oriented to metrics driven.I want emphasize the company itself has lots of benefits, its the just the work that gets soul sucking.
Pros
401k, medical, dental, paid time off, vacation, work from home during COVID.
Cons
Constant inbound call queue. Focus on call metrics. Escalated customers. Lacking necessary training.
Good company overall. Good balance and chance for growth. Would recommend especially if you have a technological background. Hours were fair. Enjoyed my time there.
I enjoyed my time working here. They kept you challenged and it was fairly clear what you were measured against. The management were originally in our position.
I had high hopes for working for Dell out of college. I quickly learned this is a high turnover environment with little room to grow. Constant focus on KPI'S that hinder your ability to actually do your job. Pretty faces get promotions, results do not. They are an inclusive employer with room for everyone as long as you work hard and don't expect to move up.
Pros
Decent benefits, resume line item.
Cons
Little room to grow, excessive KPI's
This place is so broken it’s ridiculous. The management chain from the lowest levels to the top are clueless. There is so much politics, back stabbing and incompetence it can make your head spin. The culture is “ old boy club” or very cliquish. The management is dishonest to both employees and customers as well as between departments. When they make a mistake, which is often, they will throw you under the bus to save themselves. Many of the processes are so broken that they either don’t work or are understood and implemented differently depending on the team. The culture from nearly all teams Is “ that’s not my job” or toss it over the fence and do not respond.. There is no work/ life balance. Basically it is a sweatshop. If you complain there is usually retaliation. The IT department is the worst I have ever seen. What a mistake I made coming here.
Pros
Cons
Merely none except for health benefits. There are better though.
Work on their largest customer's account. Great team and team leader. Was well oriented and prepared for the work. Followed Dells PM framework and 90% of the issues were customer responsibilities.
Pros
Great boss. Ability to manage your own time. Lots of resources available.
Cons
Covid came before being converted to Full time :(
A great place to learn in all areas of a corporate environment, from sales to marketing, management etc. Amazing people. Good pay. Never boring. Hard to get to a promotion.
Pros
Great culture, lots to learn.
Cons
Hard to move around in roles
Dell is a fantastic place to work if you are looking for a collaborative team environment with a high code of ethics and standards. In the years that I worked there, I never experienced a single moment of drama. Dell is a solid company to advance with provided you take control of your future and apply yourself.
Pros
World class teams and environment
Cons
sub par online self paced training
Life / work balance is a focus at Dell. There is opportunity for career growth and personal growth. Health benefits are some of the best and at reasonable cost. Dell's focus on overall employee health broad. I have been in the Computer/IT segment for over 40 years, and this company, by far, is the best I have worked for.
Pros
Work / Life balance. Opportunity for advancement. Benefits.
Cons
I can't think of any.
Legacy EMC and Dell management structure is a severe mismatch. This a a pure hardware technology company. No Vision for the emerging technologies .
Cons
Avoid this company
Development and UX are very demoralized and the process is very waterfall. Pay is good but comes at a cost of being disrespected. Many leaders have been there too long and do not want any new ideas or change.
Pros
Good bonus
Cons
Leadership
  1. Employee Reviews