Deloitte

Deloitte Employee Reviews for Senior Auditor

Project management skills are very important to manage multiple projects at once, stressful environment to meet deadlines and expectations as required.
I enjoy working in my Deloitte because it gives me great satisfaction when my work is completed. The hardest part of my job is i have to work and OT almost daily and it is very tiring to meet tight deadline
A good place to start the audit career for accounting graduates. Steep learning curve and manage to learn about technical knowledge from seniors and managers. Manage to know lots of friends. Generally a good place to work.
Pros
Steep learning curve
Cons
Long working hours
The learning curve is very steep and I've indeed learnt a lot about various industries, which I think may not be able to exposed to this kind of experience in other places. The people here are friendly, which makes it slightly easier to go through the peak period.
Pros
Friendly colleagues, good place to learn
Cons
As one of the big 4, there are many learning opportunities. But it is also very stressful and working hours are long, which is expected of working in audit firms.
Pros
Learning opportunities
Cons
Good career progression but would require overtime almost every day due to lack of manpower. Helpful culture but too cost conscious
Pros
Good career progression
Cons
No work life balance. Management needs to review their policy and stop changing every year. Pay increment is attractive. The culture here is family oriented, and the people here is very nice.
Friendly nurturing environment with its share of challenges, long hours and steep learning curve as would be expected from tight deadlines and managing multiple projects. Develops as a holistic professional from technical skills to soft skills, and mental stamina.
Pros
Learning opportunities and friendly people culture
Cons
Long hours and limited work life balance
Deloitte is where I started my first job as an auditor. Being an auditor was very challenging especially the early stages. However, the support from the partners, managers and colleagues were tremendous and people are very willing to teach. I learnt a lot in Deloitte and one could never forget the memories and experiences here.
Good (structured) employee training processes Vibrant working environment to learn amidst challenges Opportunity to work in different teams
What's there to review, its Deloitte with a worldwide reputation!
• Direct fieldwork through providing supervision, delegating audit tasks and guidance to the juniors in the audit engagement team and actively provided regular updates to the managers of the whole audit process. It required me to be able to communicate well with the juniors and managers so as to ensure that the successful completion of the audit within the stipulated timeline. • Plan engagement objectives and an audit strategy that addresses risk identified. • Took charge of the internal control assessment of the companies’ business operations. It required me to have a good and thorough understanding of the companies’ business operations through discussions with the companies’ personnel and complex accounting entries involved. Deliver valuable suggestions of improvement to the controls to the companies’ management. • Conducted audit/review of listed as well as multinational companies from various industries including shipping, manufacturing, transportation and trading. It required me to have a basic knowledge of the companies’ business, possess analytical skills, being attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure for the successful completion of the audit within the stipulated timeline.