Deloitte

Deloitte Employee Reviews

As an intern, I was fortunate to be allocated to a team that treated me like a regular staff and they allocated me work that required thinking and evaluation. I can say that I learned from my internship. They also have activities like interdepartmental games and internal office events which helped foster bonding.
I had learnt to be more efficient and productive by better managing my limited time to ensure that all the work were submitted on time with quality. I learnt to be more detailed oriented and goal driven.
Good learning place in Deloitte Merger and Acquisition team, get to learn financial modelling and build up foundation in this career track. Good culture.
So far so good. Nothing much to comments since i recently just joined them. Overall the people are nice and willing to teach and guide new staff like myself.
Your experience in Deloitte Consulting depends on your bosses. You can either learn a lot or very little. Also, be prepared for miserable salary. The partners are not very generous, and they will be the ones earning everything.
Pros
Things to learn
Cons
Boring
Colleagues are a fun but overworked bunch, as with always, good people places under bad circumstances for prolonged periods of time is enough to burn anyone out.
Typical day at work involves replying to emails and very fast turnaround at the behest of the manager in charge. Working environment is very hierarchical and a lot of time is spent pleasing people who are not appreciative of your work even though you sweat your guts till 4am on a daily basis during peak. Progression and promotion is more or less guaranteed if you do not offend people responsible for your promotion (i.e. your bosses).
Pros
Progression/job security
Cons
Long hours/bosses who are not appreciative
I was at Deloitte for over 16 years. I sized many opportunities to work on assignments many of which lead to overseas travel and ultimately an overseas assignment for 2+ years. The rewards were huge and I enjoyed my time immensely.
Working as a risk consultant with Deloitte. Working as team lead with 5 individuals are working under my supervision,. Risk review for various clients.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Deloitte?
Deloitte working culture is fast-paced and challenging, often due to manpower constraints. Deadlines are also tight. Hence, it is a good place for individuals who like to challenge themselves.
My 6 years in Deloitte were very challenging with long work hours, but my effort was rewarded with opportunities to travel for work to different countries, fast career growth and variety of very interesting projects / topics.
Pros
Interesting projects, fast career progress
Cons
Long work hours, lower salary comparing to other industries
•Lead, plan and execute financial services audit engagements for financial reporting purposes •Provide professional advice to clients regarding financial and audit matters •Develop effective business relationships with clients •Perform and execute advisory projects
Deloitte provides an environment of opportunities and development. Given the volume of work, taking initiative to improve is important. Awesome colleagues and managers across the teams and internationally!
a big 4 audit firm which is everything you have heard it to be. as an auditor, you have basically a work life with little to no time for your own personal life.
Even though there are often steep learning curves and Long hours involved, but it also allowed staff to opportunities to learn and be exposed to challenging issues.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
A good place to start the audit career for accounting graduates. Steep learning curve and manage to learn about technical knowledge from seniors and managers. Manage to know lots of friends. Generally a good place to work.
Pros
Steep learning curve
Cons
Long working hours
No job secure even if you are permanent employee so need to take care everything and should not affect your future goals while working for Deloitte and should have plan earlier if come across that they are firing
As one of the Big Four audit firms, working at Deloitte will be hard work. But that is worth it as I have learnt much from working with competent colleagues and interacting with big clients. Everyone from the Seniors to the Managers is approachable and willing to help out.
1. Audit seniors are very nice and helpful 2. Long working hours 3. The better you perform, the more overworked you are 4. Clients you deal with ranges from nasty to very awesome
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
The learning curve is very steep and I've indeed learnt a lot about various industries, which I think may not be able to exposed to this kind of experience in other places. The people here are friendly, which makes it slightly easier to go through the peak period.
Pros
Friendly colleagues, good place to learn
Cons
Strong team work but also emphasize on work independently. Great exposure to opportunity and learning. People is helpful and willing to share experience.
  1. Employee Reviews