Deloitte

Deloitte Employee Reviews

As an intern, I was fortunate to be allocated to a team that treated me like a regular staff and they allocated me work that required thinking and evaluation. I can say that I learned from my internship. They also have activities like interdepartmental games and internal office events which helped foster bonding.
As one of the big 4, there are many learning opportunities. But it is also very stressful and working hours are long, which is expected of working in audit firms.
Pros
Learning opportunities
Cons
False job advertisement. Enriching internship turned out to be lousy IT outsourcing job. Half the time wasted on useless compliance training.
Good career progression but would require overtime almost every day due to lack of manpower. Helpful culture but too cost conscious
Pros
Good career progression
Cons
No work life balance. Management needs to review their policy and stop changing every year. Pay increment is attractive. The culture here is family oriented, and the people here is very nice.
Its been great to experience things outside of your current expected responsibilities. Great managers that are very willing to guide you and steer you to the right direction.
The people were friendly, and the work culture was conducive for creative work. The work was challenging but fun, as there was a good variety of tasks that I had to take on.
I love Mondays, mostly because the day flies by in a flash. On a given day, during the early hours you will find me speaking to the clients, finding out – proactively – what their priorities are for the week, meeting with team for half hour to communicate the clients’ needs and organizing the team schedules around the client’s priorities. I do this on Monday so that the rest of the week is well organized and we can effectively use our team’s time in exceeding client’s expectations and avoid Friday evening surprises.
- long working hours but everyone in office is friendly and approachable - we work in groups based on audit engagements, hence very often there are rotations such that we get to work with different partners, managers, seniors and associates
Employees are required to have good time management skills, being able to work under pressure and expected to stay back during peak periods. On a positive note, great working culture and good career development.
Pros
good corporate culture
Cons
Friendly nurturing environment with its share of challenges, long hours and steep learning curve as would be expected from tight deadlines and managing multiple projects. Develops as a holistic professional from technical skills to soft skills, and mental stamina.
Pros
Learning opportunities and friendly people culture
Cons
Long hours and limited work life balance
Stressful during peak and you will have to work long hours. You know when you can go for holiday because the peak/non-peak season is made known to you
Deloitte is where I started my first job as an auditor. Being an auditor was very challenging especially the early stages. However, the support from the partners, managers and colleagues were tremendous and people are very willing to teach. I learnt a lot in Deloitte and one could never forget the memories and experiences here.
Good support from team and friendly work environment. The biggest asset in Deloitte is its people. I really enjoy working with my team.
Good (structured) employee training processes Vibrant working environment to learn amidst challenges Opportunity to work in different teams
Work place with good and supportive managers and colleagues. Many opportunities to grow and learn as an individual such as technical training and interdepartmental games. Decent amount of fun activities accompanied with challenging workload, but this is expected of an auditing firm.
The job work has work life balance other than during peak period. There is no proper handover document and guidance provided. Even after i have feedback, there was nothing done to resolve. Co-workers was not very pleasant and buddy who i was tagged to, was ill mannered.
Cons
Peak period and overall job scope
What's there to review, its Deloitte with a worldwide reputation!
The management especially the audit partners, directors and most senior managers are a great help. Unfortunately, there are a couple of really bad apples at the management level, these managers unfortunately will make a busy audit period rather miserable. The hardest part of the job is dealing with tight deadlines and demanding managers with poor communication skills. The best way to deal with it is try to communicate with them as much as possible even if they are not available in person or do not respond. The most enjoyable part of the job is that senior management appreciates your work and recognised that the job is tough.
Pros
Friendly audit directors and partners
Cons
Some very terrible bureaucracy and work culture
Very talented co-workers High learning curve including leadership and project management The most enjoyable part of the job is that you can expect a lot of changes such as location, bosses, and tasks Bad side is management. Low promotion prospects and low payment. Job insecurity especially for foreigners. One-sided communication from management and too much focus on cost cutting only
Pros
High learning curve
Cons
Job insecurity
• Direct fieldwork through providing supervision, delegating audit tasks and guidance to the juniors in the audit engagement team and actively provided regular updates to the managers of the whole audit process. It required me to be able to communicate well with the juniors and managers so as to ensure that the successful completion of the audit within the stipulated timeline. • Plan engagement objectives and an audit strategy that addresses risk identified. • Took charge of the internal control assessment of the companies’ business operations. It required me to have a good and thorough understanding of the companies’ business operations through discussions with the companies’ personnel and complex accounting entries involved. Deliver valuable suggestions of improvement to the controls to the companies’ management. • Conducted audit/review of listed as well as multinational companies from various industries including shipping, manufacturing, transportation and trading. It required me to have a basic knowledge of the companies’ business, possess analytical skills, being attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure for the successful completion of the audit within the stipulated timeline.
  1. Employee Reviews