Department of Veterans Affairs
Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updates from Department of Veterans Affairs:
Updated: March 26 2020

Department of Veterans Affairs Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Great place to work!
Great place if you love helping people. No major cons, just need to be strategic and use your time wisely. Coworkers are good at making you feel like teamwork is very important. Family atmosphere.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Managerial support
Overall, the Atlanta VBA creates a great & healthy work environment for their staff. Most of us telework which helps with not commuting & providing work life balance
Pros
Telework
Cons
Not a good place to work
My co workers genuinely wanted to adjust veterans. However, the poor management and favoritism prevented us from being as successful ad we're could have. Most people tele worked to prevent going into the office. I worked Yvette fromn 2016 til mid 2018 then took a job several levels below my pay grade just to get away from there. As a disabled veteran myself, I started experiencing severe depression and anxiety while working here. servers
Va is the #1 worse place to work!!!
You cannot do the work that is required under the timeframes given so employees choose shoddy work to stay employed or great work and risk getting fired!! There is no work life balance and the standards are going up...meaning this culture will persist!!
Great place to work. Great benefits. Wonderful work environment. Management help you to succeed, by providing training and necessary tools to be the best you can be.
Excellent career for helping people in need.
Definitely a career destination, with great pay, benefits and job security. Advancement is a great motivator for the VA. There are no limits for how high you can progress.
N/a
This position could be a very rewarding job depending upon training, management and caseload. Mission Statement should be emphasized daily. Good pay for location/job market.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
High stress environment; generally poor management quality with a few notable exceptions
very busy work environment; some autonomy with work selection; interpersonal relationships with co-workers not encouraged; generally poor management quality with a few noteworthy exceptions
Pros
good salary and fairly good benefits
Cons
poor management quality
Focus too much on numbers
The job is production base. They leave you in training for so long that you don’t realize what the job really is until you have invested so much time into it with traveling out of state for training etc. The claims take a while to do, and they have a production goal to meet per day with old archaic systems and ways of working claims. Production goals are unrealistic and your best bet is to apply for a better job.
HIgh stress due to production and quality goals
A day at work is stressful due to trying to maintain production numbers and quality goals. The workplace culture is dismal compared to five years ago.
Be prepared & know what you're looking for in a job
Definitely took some getting use to regarding fellow coworkers and management. However, was pleased with all training I received & knowledge I gained.
Excellent opportunity for growth within the federal sector and to learn highly technical which are useful in various areas in the marketplace
The VA Department provides direct services to Veterans and their survivors. The employees take pride in serving Veterans. Job culture is focused on productivity
Employment
The Department of Veterans Affairs is a company that does apply policies and procedures equitable in treatment of their senior employees within retirement especially those with hidden disabilities. They work for disabled Veterans, their dependents and survivors. However, they do not support their employees with disabilities most of which are disabled and/or become so based upon their employment within the organization.
A great place to work Good training, helpful supervisors and productive work environment.
Good training, helpful supervisors and productive work environment. The training was engaging and required your full concentration. The coaches and supervisors are there every step of the way to make sure you succeed in whatever position you are hired to perform. There are fun days to encourage a positive work culture.
Work with a purpose
The most rewarding is that everyday you have the opportunity to change someone's life and do the best you can for a deserving veteran and their family.
very rewarding helpingVeterans
I provide excellent customer service and their family members. it is one of the most rewarding jobs that I have ever had. I spend most of my time at the VA doing every thing I can do to help the Veterans.
Very busy and fast phase.
Always had a heavy workload, but there was always room for improvement and advancement. At the time I began my employment, the VA was attempting to catch up on a claims backlog. This maybe the reason for the daily heavy workload.
Fast Pace, must keep up with traning, production, and quality.
Department of Veterans was a great place to work, I just decided I wanted to work in the field I went to college to for. If you are looking for a fast pace career and learning new things everyday, this is the job for you.
The people are really nice. The production not so much
I liked it, I truly enjoyed working there. The work environment is strict but quiet, a lot of meetings but you get paid for it and the people are awesome.
Productive and Fun Place to Work
The VA is a very proactive facility, highly competitive and challenging. The supervisors are courteous and friendly and the coworkers work well under challenges and is a great team. The most difficult part of the position is memorizing the federal laws and regulations for each of our Veteran's benefit care packages.
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
A fun and productive workplace with ping pong table. A productive and fun workplace with a shuffle board. A fun and productive workplace with ping pong table.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Department of Veterans Affairs. Our community is ready to answer.
2.3K