DSO National Laboratories

DSO National Laboratories Employee Reviews

Singapore9 reviews

Great colleagues but management could do better

On the ground colleagues are helpful and collaborative. A lot of space to learn new techniques and skills. Management could do better to identify with the difficulties on the ground as well as not practise favouritism.

Was in intern

I was an intern at DSO National laboratories during my polytechnic education. Had a great experience and learnt a great deal from the lab and company I was attached with.

Good work-life balances

After working more than 10 years in DSO, got bored with the kind of routine work, so need to venture out to learn even more things. I must comprehend DSO's welfare is very beneficial for all employees especially work-life balances and other type of benefits like annual leave and incentives.

Internship

Typical Day of Work: Research Things I learnt: Research Management: Not sure the top management because i was only a intern, the supervisor was nice Work Culture: Own time Own target Hardest part of the Job: Nil Most Enjoyable Part of the Job: Get to travel around to do research

Balanced

It is relatively a balanced working environment. Can be very busy and challenging with multiple projects. Wish to have more appreciation from management.

Great alternative for tertiary institutions

DSO is a good choice if you are looking for an alternative to tertiary institutions, but you must be prepared to work in an environment where information is classified.

Tough but fun workplace

Hardest part of the job is to work under the sun rocking on the sea doing experiment. Most enjoyable part of the job is to see your product in action successfully.

Pros

Freedom to explore & experiment new concept

Cons

Slow career progression

Pro-family staff welfare

Rather routine and boring because colleagues are trying to escape from their work station to avoid given disruptive jobs. I learned to not try to be too outstanding because the whole team of 5 will be 'sabotaged'. Its best to play on the safe side.

Pros

Family care leave

Cons

too much restrictions on carrying IT gadgets like Thumbdrive and smartphone

Fun, and places high value in work life balance.

I don't mind retiring here. Advancement is limited for those working in corporate, but research staff have alot of potential to grow.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DSO National Laboratories. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

DSO National Laboratories Reviews by Location