DTCC

DTCC Employee Reviews

Excellent management support.

I worked there as a consultant and the task was to develop a required assessment program. As a team we collaborated on refining the grc tool, developing the framework needed and POC an assessment. The most enjoyable part of the job was to collaborate with a great team to develop a necessary product.

Pros

Supportive leader

Cons

Open concept office make it difficult to concentrate on difficult tasks

Pros vs Cons

The company has always encouraged flexibility but the issue is it’s up to your manager’s discretion. Therefore if your manager is a micromanager and doesn’t trust their team to be productive unless in the office you can forget any flexibility to work remotely. The company is currently only in the office two days a week but it’s moving to 3.

Pros

Free snacks

Cons

Healthcare, parking

It's OK, could be much worse!

DTCC is responsible for creating stability in the equities market. Therefore, if you perform at least average, you will have job security. The best thing about this company is the 25 days PTO which everyone gets, then in goes up after 10 years. The work life balance is pretty decent unless you are in Accounting or Financial Reporting. The compensation is average, not great. But, they do offer decent health benefits. The worst thing about this company is it's politics. Very liberal organization that is very quick not to offend the minority but couldn't care less about the feelings and opinions of the majority. If you want to climb the chain, you must kiss a lot of butt.

Pros

Pto, Free Snacks, Work-Life Balance, Flexibility

Cons

Compensation, Collaboration, Monitored Personal Investments, Inefficient Processes, Politics

Very political

You are just a number here. Highly replaceable. If you can handle the politics and align your thoughts with management you may have a career here. Overworked & underpaid.

Work environment

Did not have a good experience working here, though some of my fellow employees were good, have to say when I got sick did not have a good exit. Did not get my severance pay.

Pros

It was fun at times

Cons

Put in long hours

Nice place to work

Good place to work. No training transition. No training at all. Had to try to pick up things on my own. Management was distant and not involved as much as I thought they would with a new employee.

Great company to work for

Glad I joined. Would recommend. Lots to learn, good work is appreciated. Good compensation and benefits. Typically 9-5Tons to learn about clearing & settlement and solutions.

High compensation - high stress- Poor training- good people - good company

Wanted to have an agile it enviroment but was not organizationally aligned to successfully apply agile principles. Results oriented but siloed orginization meant we didn't share and support common goals and priorities

Blame culture - glory seeking middle management at ED level, Micromanaging CIO

One of the most dysfunctional companies I've ever worked for. The culture is all about managing up, controlling perception and looking for any opportunity to share the spotlight with other team's accomplishments. It's often called, "Collaboration" but in reality, many teams must ride the coattails of others more capable. If you consider yourself a high performer, this place isn't for you since the leeches will come for you as they rationalize their next "accomplishment" from your hard work.

Pros

5 weeks vacation, competitive pay with market, some interesting work

Cons

Highly political, many low performers fly under the radar doing nothing, very dysfunctional management team that reacts constantly

Corporate life isn't for everyone

It's a decent place to work very laid back great work life balance the benefits aren't great but the PTO is good and you won't be stressed if you come in as a manager or like an AD it's a decent place to be.

Good Work Enviornment, pay is very average, benefits are decent, No room for Advancement. I would only work there if you can get in at managerial level or higher

Great Company!

Overall the company is great. Good compensation package. You will get a decent amount of leaves. Senior Management really takes care of their employees.

Pros

Good Benefits!

Cons

Stressful and heavy workload.

Great people and supportive management

When you work here, you're more of a family than a team. Everyone supports and encourages each other and there is never a culture of being left out on your own. Would definitely recommend working at DTCC

Lots of learning and career growth

Be ready for long hours especially those that are client facing. Fast paced, changes are implemented on a weekly basis. High expectation and kpi due to nature of work.

Good company, benefits, flexibility

Work allows for flexibility and WFH, good PTO and benefits, decent salary at market rate. Senior management can be good depending on individual departments.

Room for advancement if you really want it.

Overall, a good place to work. Salary could be more, as deadlines are tight and can be stressful.Plenty of opportunities to grow and learn something new.

Good company. Excellent benefits. Work balance life is the best the company has to offer. Company tends to want the employees to take over all task. It can become overwhelming at times.

Stable job. Average benefits. Good comp

Top heavy and proved focused. Management has no idea how things are done on the ground.No growth after certain level. Very baeuroctatic atmosphere.

Pros

Pay, flexibility, stability

Cons

No growth

As everyone else says, politics

Saturated with politics to the point it is hard to get work done. Even some of the grunt-level people play politics and turn their teammates against each other. Sometimes it works out well for them. Sickening.If you come in low on pay or greatly increase your skills quickly, you will be doomed to be underpaid and titled.I was blessed with good direct managers, but as I am sure is common everywhere, teammates and skip-level plus managers could be problematic. Overall solid employees though minus the bad eggs and politics.

Work life balance and great benefits

Fun place to work. the job itself is very easy and management is so laid back. You have a chance to cross train with different teams and learn new skills set.

Gather feedback before you accept the offer as some teams are really toxic

I worked almost 2 years but the experience wasn’t pleasant as Senior Leadership didn’t had a clear vision. Change was constant and probably survey results didn’t really meant anything for leadership to make changes. Folks were very seasoned to play politics ( HR is a pinnacle of all ) and some of the veteran leaders have a command/ control mode and not being inclusive and open for different perspectives. If you are coming from outside , I’ll definitely be wary of which teams you apply as some of them really have a toxic environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DTCC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare DTCC with

• DTCC
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?