DTCC

DTCC Employee Reviews

Excellent management support.

I worked there as a consultant and the task was to develop a required assessment program. As a team we collaborated on refining the grc tool, developing the framework needed and POC an assessment. The most enjoyable part of the job was to collaborate with a great team to develop a necessary product.

Pros

Supportive leader

Cons

Open concept office make it difficult to concentrate on difficult tasks

Work with purpose and impact

Open communicationLeaders are approachable and availableRewards and recognition provided for eligible employeesCollaboration and inclusivity are important

Pros

Excellent bonus structure, Retirement program

Cons

Low base salary compared to market competitors

productive and past paced

There are a lot of fun non-job related activities that employees can participate in every now and then. Such activities allow employees to use their skills and creativity to engage with others and share best practices.Although, there is very little room for career growth after a few years or so.

Excellent pay and super flexible

Excellent company with high pay and super flexible to employees. But there is no proper archictecture and you will find it difficult to get you involved inside the product as there is no proper coordination because of U.S and India time difference

Pros

Pay, learning, reimbursements, leaves and flexible hours, get access to any software/tool to make your product more effective

Cons

No colloboration, lot of meetings because of Agile methodology

Good culture, nice location, good benefits

I really like my colleaugues in DTCC. I like the company initiatives and engagements activities like CSR, sportfest and many more. They also provide good benefits and retirement plan.

Great company to work with

Great company because:1. Most leaders are approachable and humble. They let their people be heard, and they are always improving their people management strategies.2. Compensation and benefits are reviewed regularly.3. Wonderful and friendly colleagues.4. Lots of learning opportunities and resources 5. Mobility 6. Reasonable workload for most busines units

Good Benefits, Fun Working environment, Diversity and Inclusion

DTCC is a good company in terms of benefits and allowances. I like the engagement activities, we are able to release our stress. Almost everything is good, can't think of anything bad.

Good company culture with an open door policy

Good company culture, flexible work from home, and overall good benefits. Meetings with upper management are encouraged and they have a genuine interest in me as a person and my career growth

Very nice place to work

Management encourages growth within. Needs improvement on training and automation of processes. Love my managers they understand life at home with family.

Pros

5 weeks vacation per year. Bonus annually. Work from home.

Cons

Lack training process.

Respectful culture, Good total rewards package

Company has been fantastic throughout the Pandemic with WFH and supplied IT along with a allowance for office furniture. Salary is good (but not fantastic) but with this you get a great work life balance. Career opportunities are there if you get the right leadership team to support this. Many have taken external training as well with college Cambria.

Pros

It, Pension, private health, full training

Cons

Market checks needed to keep pay in line

No work-life balance. No career growth, they dont help internal talents grow and prefers external.

Work life-balance is being promoted by the company but senior leadership of the company does not care about it. It seems that work-life balance is only enjoyed by few. As long as they get the results they want, the personal time of their employee doesn't matter to think that most teams are skeletal in terms of manpower.In this company, rank and file employees will not have enough voice even if they collectively voice out their grievances. What matters only is the voice of senior leaders, that's all.If you plan to grow in this company, don't even think about it. They always prefers external rather nurture the internal talents that the company have.

Pros

Salary and benefits that is above average

Cons

No work life balance, Senior leaders tends to over work people and rarely act on employee grievances, No career growth.

Many Cons - Few Pros

Pros - Work life balance is recognized - PTO and parental leave are generousCons - When it comes to leadership, perception is reality, even in the fase of facts to prove otherwise- Career growth favors those managing up vs performance- Corporate "Strategy" changes annually, often just clinging to recent key words (Kaizen/4DX / OKR / Effective Challenge and now Agile)- Many pockets of legacy culture resistant to change with no plans to leave - Frequently recruit outside vs promote within which limits growth opportunities- Sr Leadership pushing "woke" concepts with scorecards related to minority hiring and promotions reported to the board. Failure to keep the proper metrics will result in reduced comp.

Pros

See Above

Cons

Also Above

Good pay

It was a good job while it lasted. The building was very nice and coworkers were were nice. Was able to work from home. I only worked there a few years because my job was outsourced.

Pros

good pay

Cons

outsourced

Stressful and unclear messages from the top down

This company seems like they are trying to do too much and engage in quite a lot of projects while not having enough staff to handle. There is a strong lack of well rounded and modernized training implemented for new joiners and transitioning staff. They are trying so hard to copy what other large financial firms are doing and attempting to implement those methods and concepts when we are literally 10-15% of the size of those large firms. There is a lot of turnover and little attention to why it is occuring. There is major disconnect from business units and especially from senior leaders to the rest of the staff.

Pros

Flexibility to a certain degree, paid time off (you use a lot to destress and get away from work), resource groups

Cons

High turnover, lack of care from senior management, burnout, salary, difficulty to climb the ladder

Pay is good

My pay was good, but the American influence is everywhere. People arranging meetings at 2am, all the decisions are made in the USA.Arrogant Finance leadership team in USA, if you are not American, you will not fir into this company.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Dominated by American politics

Productive and fun but takes a toll

Company was great until a year ago when new management began and started turning the culture into a traditional wall street vibe. Company is so desperate to be thought of as progressive that they only promote women. All executive openings are filled by external candidates (mostly women) with no regard to internal employees who have dedicated themselves to making the company successful and who have sacrificed for the good of the organization. There is a perception that internal employees can not provide new ideas or contribute to future strategic initiatives. While benefits and pay are great, certain executives have forgotten what is important and use the organization as a political tool forgetting what has made the organization great for decades.

Pros

Pay, benefits, Pto, retirement plans

Cons

Certain executives are so progressive they are oppressive.

Work until you drop dead

Literally, they work you until you drop dead. Everything is rush rush with a lot of finger pointing. Upper management has draconian policies on what you can do, when you can do it and they are eager to burn you if you make a mistake. I went through 3 managers, 1 had a heart attack, 1 was overwhelmed and the 3rd was let go. I would of stayed longer but they simply forgot to renew my contract. it's a meat factory for Sr Level IT and they will work you 60-70 hours a week if you let them (but will only pay you 40). If you are salary, culture will demand the 60+ hours, so make sure you get paid fairly for that! The pay is nice though, and the work is interesting. It's not bad if you don't mind dying on the job from stress, being put under constant, unrealistic deadlines, absorbing HUGE technical debt that keeps getting pushed down the timeline for someone else, and like to be blamed for things constantly instead of focusing on solving a problem. I mean, money is money right? As per the last town hall I attended "You all should be grateful you have work". I agree, in a sense, but not at the cost of my family or life. I would like to say that direct managers and team leads are great, but upper management is clueless or apathetic to the family/life/work balance that makes life worth living. I think the blame culture is directly a result of the upper level management.

Pros

Pay, interesting work

Cons

Zero family life balance, Finger pointing culture

Management only focuses on advancing women and LGBT

Management appears to routinely focus on advancing women and LGBT and only gives lip services to promoting other marginalized groups. However, a great experience for those interesting in financial services and technology. Some senior management members appear afraid to promoting talented staff members and seem to work to push them out, particularly those on contract. This appears to be out of fear of being replaced, themselves. As a result, you see the same management team members being moved around with no emphasis on new talent being added or new ideas being explored.

Pros

Compensation and benefits are better than average in the financial sector. CEO is a good guy

Cons

Heavy focus on performance metrics but little attention to the mental costs to staff

Job security

Can be asked to leave at anty point. Loyalty not in sr management culture. Work life balance not bad and fellow employees for most part enjoyable to work with.

Unique learning experience, but felt company is product of older industry

An extremely unique place to learn "ins and out" of the plumbing of the world's financial system. The company is a product of its industry and as the predominant market share leader it allows the company to resist changes.

Almost everything is ok

Almost everything is ok, it depends your time. I can feel the work and life balance. Quite flexible. Diversity and Inclusion. Good benefits. I learned many things

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DTCC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare DTCC with