EAG Laboratories

EAG Laboratories Employee Reviews

You will work hard and gain experience

Run on a tight schedule. Experiments must go up within clients time frame. The pay is terrible for a scientist when they require a bachelor's degree for this position.

Pros

My coworkers were great

Cons

Working weekends and holidays was not ideal

Moderate your expectations to maximize the experience

The recent changes in ownership and the administrative team have resulted in tough growing pains. The current administrative team is very closed and not inclusive with any plans and broader vision for the future of the lab. It is a very top down management style. If you have worked in a collaborative, team oriented, or innovative lab, then this is not a good fit for you. It is possible to be communicated on a Wednesday, that beginning on Monday you will work second shift or in a different department . This is difficult if you have been working on your skill set, resume, outside certifications, or degree with focus in a particular area. The transfer might not necessarily be to another technical area, but to clerical or administrative support. The employee is not considered a stakeholder in developing the decision. No time is considered for arranging with a spouse's schedule or childcare. The pay is competitive for the region. There is opportunity for overtime. The people are generally good. It is a good place to begin your career, and to become familiar with every sector of material science, all the R&D centers and the companies around the world. If you moderate expectations that this won't be a career, it can be a very good stepping stone for a couple years.

Pros

special coffee days, or an icecream truck about once per month

Profit is first, second, and third priroity. People are not treated with respect.

Most of my experiences working here are negative. It was always push, push, push to get as much work done as humanly possible, no matter the cost to the employees physical or mental health. Favoritism runs rampant, so even hard workers get left behind. They are CONSTANTLY hiring new people, so the foundational knowledge is gone and they take advantage of new graduates who aren't aware of how the work world functions. Your work will absolutely be taken advantage of if you work here.

Pros

Opportunity to learn a variety of lab techniques

Cons

Safety is not prioritized, and people are treated poorly. Profit is all they care about.

The variety of different customer jobs performed kept me very engaged.

EAG tasked me with a variety of technical responsibilities, including (but not limited to) materials analysis and electronic failure diagnostics. All of the work was interesting and kept me engaged with the individual jobs and customers. I extended my knowledge of instruments and equipment while I was there. The only downside was deadline pressure to turn jobs quickly.

It is a good place to get some work experience and I enjoy working in stability laboratory.

A typical work week is 40-44 hours of work a week for a salary. There is not a time clock for salary workers as long as you get your hours in. I have learned a lot in the last two years. Management tries to work with most employees complaints and/or suggestions. The hardest part of the job for me is learning new to me computer program data entry. The most enjoyable part of the job is that if you get bored with one aspect of the job you can switch to another department/location in the world. As it is right now, I am happy learning new methods, protocols, SOP's, and how to operate all of the different laboratory equipment in the lab. I would recommend someone to work at Eurofins which was EAG who bought ABC Labs and quickly sold it.

No Progression

There is a decent workplace environment. Employees are nice and helpful. But management seems lacking and there is no clear direction in the company. Besides that there is no apparent growth for employees.

Work

Great place to work . Workers are very friendly and helpimg. I was a contractor but enjoyed working there for the time I was there. I would love to work there again if I got the chance

Great people but high turnover in some positions

EAG Laboratories (now part of Eurofins as Eurofins EAG Agrosciences) has a talent for hiring people who are genuinely wonderful to work with. While I can't speak for things at the management level, there don't seem to be issues with workplace politics or much drama in general. Management provides perks such as free food from time to time, and potlucks are often organized by employees around major holidays. Once a year, employees have a chance to prepare poster presentations and talk about the science they're doing. There are many good employees who have worked at the Easton site for decades. However, salaries are below market rate for many positions, which leads to high turnover among younger/newer employees. It's a shame, because the training for new scientists seems good, and it would be nice to retain more of them.

Pros

Great people, good training for new grads

Cons

Salaries not competitive

lab

enjoy the work we do its very different than other places. people seem to be nice but can be very two faced only think about yourself and youll be fine.

I loved it. Would work there again. Would tell everyone to apply. Close to restaurants. Great breaks. Everyone is real friendly. Got to work with people I knew.

Cons

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at EAG Laboratories?

Super friendly

It was nice to see everybody got along. Nobody was stuck up for what I saw. I have a disability. It was so nice to be hired for the position I got. Nice and peaceful.

Pros

Time went by fast

Good Place to Start Out for Experience

This is a good place to get lab experience. Most employees will help answer questions and are very nice to work with. Being an over achiever will not help anyone in this company unless you fit into their company "clicks".

Benefits

Cons

Pay and Treatment of Employees

Good first job

they allow you to learn any techniques you are interested in. but they offer terrible compensation. its a good place to start right after graduation, but dont stay longer than 2-3 years.

Pros

freedom to learn

Cons

compensation, poor management

EAG Laboratories is a customer oriented company offering world class service to support customers needs

EAG Laboratories is set for growth now that the company has been acquired by Eurofins. The diversity of customers EAG supports in life science, high-tech, and engineering have provided insight on multiple industries. EAG strength is its people; highly educated, high caliber and dedicated employees that enjoy their work and delivering to the customer. My role has flexibility and autonomy, allowing me to maximize my role as an independent contributor on a geographically diverse team.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Limited collaboration with team.

Good Entry Level Lab

EAG Laboratories is a great place to get your career started. The salaries seem to be below market value. The work culture is very friendly. There is not much room for advancement but it is an optimal start to get skills needed for a future career in Science.

Fun place to work

EAG has gone through a lot of changes in the past few years. Great place to work, employees there are truly passionate about solving complex problems for our customers. Now part of Eurofins, things will change even more and lots of question marks are in the air at the moment.

Good Experience

Good company to gain experience particularly for a recent college graduate. The benefits are okay, but the Monthly cost medical coverage recently increased.

Pros

Great Experience

Cons

Stressful

More focus on business acquisition than employee retention

As part of a small company acquired by EAG it was apparent that management saw employees as cogs in a wheel. High turnover as there is not much advancement, though those who chose to take a free ride were kept on increasing work on others. 10 years ago my original company was great, now it is just diluted and not managed well.

Pros

No Micro-Management, Good Benefits

Cons

High Turnover, No Managemtn focus on work/life balance

So much potential, but horribly short-sighted and overwhelmingly driven by revenue on a daily basis.

Engage in conversation with me on this one. It's a long story that I do not care to share with a bot. Check my resume, experience, and references. My extended family is in Utah. We relocated from Salt Lake City. The best gift I could give my wife of 30+ years woulgd be to take her back home to her loved ones.

Great place to get a start

EAG was a great place to get your start in analysis. Training is done very well, and you have a decent amount of input into your direction with the company. Salary is not very competitive for the degree necessary to get into here, but it is a decent place to build a resume. Some weeks will be busy, and some will be very laid back. At no point will you likely hate the job. Management is very friendly, and most employees are very helpful. EAG is a very tightly run ship, for the most part. Mistakes are kept to a minimum, and addressed as soon as found.

Pros

Great environment for a recent graduate

Cons

Salary

Great place

Great Place to work and great people. Human Resource department was very helpful and the staff was friendly. Looked forward into going to work everyday.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EAG Laboratories. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• EAG Laboratories
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?