eBay

eBay Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,809 reviews

Not exactly a job, but a good means of earning extra income

This "job" requires you to be consistent and adhere to market changes in order to get an edge on the competetion. However, the market is over-saturated as of late and not to mention Amazon beginning to usurp many e-commerce sites.

It’s ok

The pay is ok and benefits are great but the management sucks. The micromanage like crazy and are always down your back about a survey swearing they can turn a no into a yes. Policies are terrible and fees that’s why we deal with irate members but then it’s our fault when we don’t get a yes. Also they coaches and leadership have snooty attitudes like they are better than us it’s just annoying.

It takes money to make money. Nothing is guaranteed.

You can work at your own pace. There is tons of freedom and flexibility with your work schedule. It is not meant to be a full-time job or permanent position. It is something you do on the side to supplement your income.

Ambiente stimolante

È stato molto bello vendere da casa, stimolante vedere la crescita delle vendite.

Pros

Buoni pasto

Cons

Boh

Micromanage Like crazy

Micromanage Like crazy, power trip management no sick days, There more concerned about you getting yes Surveys regardless of the situation even if you're dealing with a irate or difficult customer, would not recommend turn over rate is very high !!

No work life balance

No work life balance, departments dealing with members work till 10 pm, weekends up to 9 pm and lots of weekend work. Shifts can change without staff consultation as company allows no Unions or collective voice from workers. If you want to listen to self entitled people moaning about the platform they use, without ever taking any responsibility for their actions, then this is the job for you. No accountability from partner agents leave in-house staff to have the difficult and often abusive calls. Senior management talks a good talk, that doesn't filter down to Junior managers / team leaders, some are brilliant - others not so good. Great support during covid crisis, company looked after staff.

Fun

Worked from home couldn’t say much about the office work flow, For me they were good people and it was good pay!! I do recommend working for them people were nice bosses were caring and helpful

Bad place for selling. They side more with buyers.

It used to be a great app, not anymore..Too many hidden fees, they do not help the seller as they do the buyers.. Overall is a bad company. Can do so much better..

Pros

Good to sell items you do not want.

Cons

Bad company overall

Absolutely an amazing place to work and advance

It's definitely a learning experience to advance and make a great impression to move higher and farther.. have fun but make sure the job gets done while doing it

Best Call Center

Everyone is so friendly & understanding! The call type can be a little frustrating but the guidelines are so easy, it’s easier to have a casual conversation.

Productive and fun workplace

Love it alot love working at home making my own hours get up when I want you what I want sell what I want take breaks when I want I'm the best boss ever had

eBay

It was hard working here. Training was unhelpful and you are given very little guidance. Many meetings could have been emails. It was mentally exhausting.

Fun place to work

Great place to work, the pay was great, there is not a lot of flexibility when it comes to schedules, however the benefits the company provides exceeds the cons.

Not really great

New hiring training teaches you nothing about policies, and you have to figure it out on your own. Team leaders are fake, not very helpful, but they love to drag you into coaching sessions over any little thing. Customers calling in are ridiculous and it is just mentally exhausting listening to these grown adults act like children. Benefits are good and that's about it

Diverse culture and opportunities to work in different departments

Overall pretty good. They offer great benefits like full health/dental/vision and tuition reimbursement. Fun employee engagement activities on and off campus.

Horrible company

Horrible company, would send you home if no work to do. Also management seemed very inexperienced and like they didn't know what they were doing. I would not recommend to anyone.

Meh

Horrible rotating shifts, favoritism over good workers etc.Stupid check ins on a daily and horrible people to deal with on the phones who blame all their problems on you

You get paid based on your effort

The more you do the more you can sell. But not always. You must adjust to trends and be wiling to buy out a store for their supply or garage hunt every weekend, in order to make a real living.

Fun fun fun

It was so fun listing products, packaging and preparing the products for shipping. The manager is always around to speak to or get guidance from. All the people that work here are loveky

Good

Good opportunities, you get what you put in, good atmosphere and ability to do well in different ways, pros and cons to every job so some will like it others will move on.

This company did not care about thier employees

You take a million calls a day and you overworked. The company itself doesn't care about its employees whatsoever. All around it is a horrible place to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at eBay. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare eBay with