eBay

Clear
3.8Salary & Benefits

Found 667 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,808 reviews

No work life balance

No work life balance, departments dealing with members work till 10 pm, weekends up to 9 pm and lots of weekend work. Shifts can change without staff consultation as company allows no Unions or collective voice from workers. If you want to listen to self entitled people moaning about the platform they use, without ever taking any responsibility for their actions, then this is the job for you. No accountability from partner agents leave in-house staff to have the difficult and often abusive calls. Senior management talks a good talk, that doesn't filter down to Junior managers / team leaders, some are brilliant - others not so good. Great support during covid crisis, company looked after staff.

Ambiente stimolante

È stato molto bello vendere da casa, stimolante vedere la crescita delle vendite.

Pros

Buoni pasto

Cons

Boh

Absolutely an amazing place to work and advance

It's definitely a learning experience to advance and make a great impression to move higher and farther.. have fun but make sure the job gets done while doing it

Best Call Center

Everyone is so friendly & understanding! The call type can be a little frustrating but the guidelines are so easy, it’s easier to have a casual conversation.

Productive and fun workplace

Love it alot love working at home making my own hours get up when I want you what I want sell what I want take breaks when I want I'm the best boss ever had

Good

Good opportunities, you get what you put in, good atmosphere and ability to do well in different ways, pros and cons to every job so some will like it others will move on.

People are nice but management need to stop micromanaging

Colleagues are generally nice and work-life balance is alright but the managers are not to be trusted. Lots of micromanaging going on. Work is not that interesting and sometimes I felt lost and directions can sometimes be vague.

A good place to work

Fast-paced, easy commute but also option to wfh.Career development inside the company could be faster.Overall a good place I would recommend.Plenty of opportunities for multilingual professionals and people passionate about online marketplace environment.

Nice place

It’s good but there is certainly some improvement to be made. Culture is good in most departments but some are not as good as others. Nice benefits though.

Old tech, lots of meetings

They asked you to attends at least 1.5h meeting per day. In a sprint, one day the meeting is about 4h. You only have consecutive time max to 4h to do your work per day. Very unpleasant experience as a contractor here.

Pros

Fair pay

Cons

Too many meetings, old-fashioned tech

Not the best place to work nor the worst

Is the perfect job for a short term. part time would have been perfect. Full time is very consuming and not worth it. The management is really poor, they only consider for up positions to friends or relatives.

Inclusive company in spirit, but only depending on the department you work for.

There is an excellent aggregate vision for the company in terms of growth and inclusiveness, however the execution falls short within many departments. The path for promotion and career growth is antiquated and inefficient, and compensation packages are unrealistic. For example, the cost of living in the Austin, TX metro area has risen substantially within the past several years, and yet a large percentage of employees in the area were denied a cost of living increase with little explanation.

Pros

When the initial transition to working from home was initiated, there was substantial support from the company. The benefits (health care, etc.) are outstanding.

Cons

Compensation, career growth, communication, performative inclusivity.

Good, not great.

The work was fun, but challenging. eBay is struggling to find it’s place in the world. Almost like they don’t know if they want to be Amazon or Etsy. My advice - stick to what made you a leader in the online retail business.

Great Company, Hard Job!

Great company, hard job. If my commute time wouldn't have been as long as it was, I would honestly still be there. eBay is a wonderful company to work for and has tons of room for advancement. You have to take the leap!

Pros

Great Benefits, great hours, excellent pay, room for advancement

Cons

Was too far from MY HOUSE.

You earn for how much work you put in

I’ve been a seller for a few months now, I love it. Help desk is really helpful and responds fast. You earn money for how hard you work and post listings.

Loved my time at eBay. Inclusive, forward thinking culture that encourages autonomy. They really look after their staff & go the extra mile with added extras esp during lockdown.

Pros

Lots of perks

They treat their employees as human beings and not as numbers. The targets are achievable and they don't micromanage as other companies.

I love working for eBay, I have worked for other ecommerce companies and I felt the pressure of micromanagement but here it is different, at least in the 2 departments I have been. I hope they never change that.

Pros

Relax atmosphere of work, life work balance, health insurance. Plenty opportunities to grow.

Cons

work can be monotonous, same type of tasks everyday.

Good

You get what you put in, sales no matter what you do depends on your work ethic. Economy also has effects on the ability to do well month to month and year to year.

Nice people, but demands too much

I worked at ebay for a little over 2 years.The work varies a lot, some days are very busy with calls constantly coming through, no breaks between them, very stressful as most customers are angry or annoyed at something ebay has done.Policies are very vague, open to interpretation which leaves leeway for arugmentative customers. Hard to get hold of a team lead or manager in some cases, and it's really drummed into you that you shouldn't be escalating and they also make that process overly complicated.Policies always changing, sometimes daly, sometimes not even announced and you only find out when a call comes through about it. Yet you are expected to keep on top of all the changes at all times, despite the poor communication. Website always seems to have problems with incorrect links, options not working which should be, this is always waved off when trying to get it looked at.People and most of management team are good people, genuine and work hard, but there is almost always a period of the day where nobody seems to be around.Targets are always changing, so you never really feel like you are getting somewhere as they will change it and demand more when you get closer to it.

Pros

Wages, benefits, bonuses, shares scheme

Cons

Lot of weekends and rotating shift work

Great Benefits, good management

I enjoyed my time at eBay. Right from the beginning they are a welcoming company. The benefits are outstanding and begin on day 1. There is a ton of room for advancement as well.

Pros

Raises, promotions, Management

Great ideals... poor execution

Company provides the best opportunities to the best connected people, not the most productive. When this was addressed, I was moved to a different department. Great potential for advancement in the proper circles.

Pros

Benifits

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at eBay. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• eBay