EMSL Analytical, Inc

EMSL Analytical, Inc Employee Reviews

Job Tasks

I really enjoy what I do however the tasks can get a little bit overwhelming. Most of my coworkers will help me when I need it. There are times I feel stressed I have to remind myself to just take a breath. However, overall this job is really nice and not a bad company to work for.

Pros

breaks are paid

Cons

Pay could be better

Toxic and terrible

This place is soooo toxic that you will be depressed at everything. They only trust people who are seniors and the lab manager is so sensitive on everything down to what you say that is not work related and would contact you about work during your off hours. Too much work not appreciated for your work benefits are terrible especially PTO where u get only 2 weeks out of the whole year and sick leave you have to use your PTO to make it up just yeah I wouldn’t recommend this place even if trying to gain experience on administrative. They are better off some where else

Stressful environment. Not treated fairly.

Company does not care about it’s employee. Horrible place to work. They are very cheap although they make tons of money but still don’t pay employees good. I would not recommend my enemy to work at that place. They will “lay you off” FIRE you for no valid reason. Run.

Good people, bad pay

Good flexibility and relatively low stress outside of crunch times. Decent management and people. Very poor pay and benefits. Before I started they made it clear that they could not be flexible on the pay, which should have been a hint that they don't pay very well. Bonuses are okay, advancement opportunities in terms of salary increase are underwhelming. But you can work tons of overtime if you like to. This would be a great starter job for people getting in to the industry. There are good people both in management and coworkers. Corporate on the other hand can be a hot mess.

Just eh

Honestly just a big eh overall. Poorly compensated. A lot of came down to not being tested properly for the work we were doing, as well as not giving us the correct titles for the work that we did.

asbestos lab tech

The overall job was very easy and provided great lab experience for young kids looking to gain some experience. Everyone was very nice and friendly. Great job

it is a job

A good start. EMSL typically hires students out of college so they can pay them a low working wage. The owner of the company does not expect employees to stay for more than 3 yearsThere is no work life balance. There are opportunities to grow but no opportunity to make more money. This company offers incredibly low pay for a high stress roll. If you communicate to your managers about issues with your work environment, you will be ignored and laughed at.

Pros

casual dress code

Cons

low pay

Stable but no room for growth

The company is stable, and you can earn a steady paycheck, but there is no room for advancement or growth. There is a ceiling for what you will earn, but inside of that it is very stable and fast paced. You'll keep busy, but you won't usually have to work weekends so it has that going for it. Vacation time is nice too.

Pros

Flexible vacation time, very few weekends worked per year

Cons

Compensation, opportunity for advancement

Repetitive work no room for growth small company

Kind of on the side of favoritism. There was definitely an in crowd. No room for growth. Pay was ok but nothing great. Not a bad starter job to get some great lab experience. They do performance reviews that I thought were very helpful.

Pros

Potlucks and performance reviews

Cons

Repetitive no room for growth

Easy work

Easy but tedious work. The work environment wasn’t great and there is a very high turnover rate. People were cliquey and management and HR were not very approachable.

Not the worse, but not great

EMSL is a better place for new graduates than anything. It is easy to learn a lot really fast and build experience. Pay is very low though. Friendly work environment.

Good entry level laboratory positions

Started out good but progressed into a hostile work environment. My skills etc was never utilized.People with less experience were promoted. If you were family that afforded you preferential treatment. I don't recommend this company for a long term career.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

High Healthcare costs

Good entry level but that's it

Training is fast but after training it's a hands off approach. If you want to advance you have to make it clear to supervisors. Pay and Health benefits are subpar and not transparent.

Management shows preferential treatment

You will ultimately be paid less if you are not best friends with management. You will be looked over for advancement opportunities and your pay will suffer. You need to list out your accomplishments in order to be recognized and even then you could be denied a raise. You could be doing the same job as someone else in the same department and have been there approximately the same amount of time and make 5-10% less because management doesn’t like you.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Benefits not great, management sucks, not a livable wage

Horribly run company

This company hides their unit reports from the workers themselves, so that other laboratories within the company can't see that some are doing significantly more work than others. Meanwhile, workers are all getting compensated the same for doing these different amounts of work. Ridiculous. They do not provide an HR representative at every laboratory, so it's very difficult for anyone to really be held accountable for their actions. Do not work here. The high-ups are only out to make their pockets bigger.

company has very poor culture

We work from 6 until random hoursUpper management seems very disconnectedsometimes have to work random hours no structure to promoteVery toxic employees The direct manager was very smart There is no work-life balance, no structure to promote talents, horrible culture.

Avoid unless you need a job to get you started in your field

Let me start by saying that lab personnel get $16, and there is no room for growth. They will not budge on that so no point in trying. I LOVED the work I did there but that isn't a liveable wage. I dared to get another job (their business partner basically, in a different field) while still willing to work for them, and they were so upset that they fired me without giving reason. This was corporate. The lab managers were wonderful and they only want whats best for you in my experience. Great for a beginning job, but there is no future there unless you can swing a manager position.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Corporate is horrible, no growth, low pay

Good place to start

Lots of potential, but would benefit from better compensation, training, and more attention to safety. You will learn a lot, the pace is fast and there will be many long days. Coworkers are pleasant and helpful.

Pros

Flexible hours, generous PTO

Cons

Expensive healthcare and benefits overall

Corporate ruins everything

Corporate runs everything and has no idea what goes on in each individual lab. They are out of touch and just do not care about their employees. Highly underpaid, under appreciated, undertrained, and overworked.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Corporate, low pay, bad benefits, poorly run

Productive fun place to work!

My coworkers were wonderful and I learned a lot from the microbiologist! The biggest issue was when management hired me I was offered training in there main office in New Jersey for a few weeks. Once I started the position they sent someone else to training and blamed the budget for not training me properly. If they promise something to you when you are hired ensure you have them write it down!!!

Pros

Good coworkers

Cons

Low pay, no training

Orlando Laboratory

I would 110% never recommend working here.Poor management from within the laboratory and higher ups. Pay is terrible what what is asked of you they over work you. The job has to be your life in order to be noticed.

Pros

Flexible with schedule

Cons

Poor management from higher ups/Horrible people overall

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EMSL Analytical, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• EMSL Analytical, Inc