ENGIE Impact

ENGIE Impact Employee Reviews

Overall Okay

Most of the good comes from people you work with, the overall company can seem generally confused and not focused on the right things. They will say one thing but not follow through, or just follow through on things that no one really wants. I wouldn't consider the pay competitive, but the PTO and benefits are pretty good. The job can be a very stressful, very high production-based society that causes people to go for quantity over quality and make a lot of messes that have to be cleaned up later to keep their jobs.

Best Employee

I absolutely love my job! The staff are amazing, and I love my work. Benefits are incredible and the schedule is perfect for me. I plan on staying here as long as possible.

Hard Work is Ignored

I learned a lot in my 2+ years at Engie. For example, that there is no purpose to working hard and being referred to as "the best person in our team." It doesn't matter because you'll get a pay raise that is completely inadequate. My first pay raise was 0.97% ($0.24) after a year and a half of working there and getting meets or exceeds expectations in every category of my evaluation. The training is terrible. Management consists of people that have been there for 15 years or 2 years. There's no in between. If you just need a paycheck or to get some work experience, it's fine. Just remember, being average is rewarded just as much as being excellent.

Productive and fun place to work.

Engie is and amazing company that works with you and for you as an employer. They are very interested in the success of their employees. Very family dynamic oriented.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Taxes

Exhausting

Good company, bad communication within supervisors and managementOut sourced department to Phillipines laying off 75% of team. Did not keep long-time employees

Pros

Generous with perks

Cons

No loyality

Possible rewards, favoritism, and bloated middle management

The ideas of going green and less carbon footprint are installed from the very begining. You feel like you've found a job that's rewarding to the efforts, energy, and results you give. But you're just part of their numbers. Favoritism is major, and they go up the tiers with ease. If you have any surprising medical condition that occurs during your work they will scrutinize your leave and demand you to give exact dates of full recovery- so if you have a surgery, or a baby, and have medical issues after- you better see the future and know what day your body will be 100% recovered before it actually occurs. So your paperwork is on point and you don't wrongfully get fired during a 1 day gap in your medical leave paperwork. Also lying is appropriate here. If you do get fired, they'll tell you (if you've worked long enough) that you can apply for unemployment and they will grant that. Be careful, they may tell unemployment that you "quit" however. And when you go to oah and you have you're hearing to receive what's rightfully owed to you, they won't show up. Because you are just a number while employed.

What is the best part of working at the company?The company has a stated mission that resonates with an employee’s desire to work for the greater good. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The executive team acts as if they are multiple companies and there is a lack of focus. This results in decisions that directly impact employees and causes whiplash. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?ENGIE Impact has great value statements but rarely practices them. The work environment really depends on your individual leader and which part of the company you are engaged with. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Difficult

Would not recommend

Would not recommend working here. There is inconsistency with each teams. My team was doing great with our numbers so they would put us to work on other team's work. It was apparent that the other teams were not working, so my team and I was doing more than double the amount of work for very little pay.

Pros

I had a great manager

Cons

Poor Compensation, You feel like a number than a person

Recommend looking elsewhere

This company overall does so many things correctly. It has an amazing vision and a lot of the corporate executives are aligned with the company's mission, however, the ones who are not really make the job stressful. Communication is poor, the software used is very old and outdated, and despite staffing issues the company continues to take on more clients making promises that they cannot fulfill. The workload feels like you are doing the work of 3+ people yet additional compensation/benefits is out of the question. There are a lot of amazing people who work here, but the workload has become too much to handle. Very stressful work environment that leaves you feeling unhappy and unappreciated every day. In the past, the job has been very flexible but the increased frequency of required overtime takes away from your personal life and wellbeing. If you use sick time, expect to work required overtime on Saturday to make it up.

Pros

Nice amount of PTO, benefits are okay

Cons

Overworked to the point you feel like you can't use PTO, low pay, poor communication, old and outdated technology makes working inefficient

Workplace and Management

If you don’t know someone in the company that has a name you’ll never advance, they play favorites here and I certainly wasn’t one, also people seem to get more praise for being lazy so if you don’t like working this is the place for you!!

Pros

I would say going green but this company is terrible about wasting gas and littering.

Cons

Disgusting working conditions.

No Support

No support, you figure it out on your own! Training was one week. But, training is not specified to your job title. After training you got to production. No one available to assist for support, no feedback.

Poor Management, No respect.

You basically have to suck up and not be yourself in order to move up. Pay is horrible and you are treated horribly. The only reason I stayed there is the co-workers. Don’t show extra skills you have beyond your responsibilities, because they will take advantage of you without extra compensation.

Too much change, not enough focus

This company has been around for a few decades yet still operates as a brand new company. There is too many changes without the proper planning on the developments of software and processes. Changes are coming from upper management too far removed to know if it makes operational sense. Too many manual processes when we're a technology driven company. Engie falls immensely short in this realm. They do not use the years of data to predict their business trends. They've recently started holding roundtables with employees in an attempt to hear problems and solutions. I'm hopeful these will have some impact and employees won't fear retaliation for honest feedback. It's not all bad. The benefits, flexibility, and wfh options are really great

It's a good place to build your skills, then move on.

Numbers, Numbers, Numbers. That is all you will hear about. Once you learn the job, you would be lucky if your management knew your job too. Most of my experience is fighting vendors for information and then fighting off my management team because they don't understand that what they want and what's achievable are two different things. People aren't promoted based on skill, or experience, but with how popular you are. If you're going to join this company, stay away from telecom if you want to have any hopes of advancing.

Not great

They lie about what your job will actually be and don’t train you. When you bring it up, management ignores you. Just a constant revolving door and too much work for the pay.

Pros

Remote

Cons

Unprofessional, unorganized, lack of communication

Chaotic

Chaotic and disorganised Career progression is a real problem. People usually move on to get promoted. There's an extremely high staff churn, much higher than any of the other companies I've worked at in London

Good place to work with good benefits

A good place to work with pretty good leadership that allows for work-life balance and understands employees' need to care for themselves and their families. The benefits are decent. The pay needs to improve or they will lose great people to the market.

High turn over rate.

On site gym, team moral support, and different options to start in the company. A lot of micro management. Sometimes too much work for one person sometimes not enough.

Fair work and fair compensation

Management seems confused on some things but overall work is straight forward and they pair fairly for the amount of work that’s done. Nothing is too stressful

Pros

Kind coworkers, bonuses, flexible scheduling, lots of time off

Cons

Mandatory meetings for things that can be taken care of in mass emails

Great company for entry level

This company is great for resume-building and for their PTO benefits. Unless you know someone, though, don't expect to move up in the company. I wouldn't choose it as a career, the pay is way too low for some of the positions

Pros

Pto, not micromanaging, flexible scheduling

Poor pay = no drive

It’s very hard to find motivation daily when you’re expected to work at a high level and care about your work when your peers do not care and put things off for months because they don’t want to pick up the phone to handle an issue. Additionally it’s hard to work productively when you’re being paid less than a basic line cook at a fast food restaurant. This job requires a solid knowledge base in Microsoft office programs and the ability to communicate with business owners and local governments but pays you like a slave. They need to do something about the pay structure I have had 4 people leave my team this month because they found better paying jobs elsewhere. I am in search of better opportunities at this point as well. When the ceo was approached with the question of giving employees raises at a recent company meeting his initial response was chuckle and that they have not looked into this area currently. Clearly no change is coming.

Pros

Very relaxed environment at the current time

Cons

Pay, workload does not match what you’re being compensated for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ENGIE Impact. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare ENGIE Impact with