ENGIE Impact

ENGIE Impact Employee Reviews

A grand vision with a startup culture

The stated goal of making sustainability happen is admirable. It draws you in, thinking that you are helping organizations make sustainable decisions. Unfortunately, the startup culture of quick decisions and multiple direction changes detracts from these goals. The people are great. The benefits are good. In order to be comfortable here, you have to be comfortable with change.

Pros

Work life balance, pay, benefits

Cons

Constant change

Use to be great

When I started at Engie, which was Ecova at the time, it was a great fun company to work for. I felt important in my role and my team manager was great. Then he was let go for no reason, and we would get new managers but they kept getting let go. I was there 7 years and had about 7 managers. When they turned into Engie, things changed big time. My position got reduced to what felt like line work for customer service. I lost that feeling of importance. Our newest manager really didn't seem to care about the people. It felt fake that she tried and really made me feel like a number rather than a person.

Pros

Benefits were great. They are very accepting of everyone.

Cons

Management, short breaks, frequemt mandatory overtime.

Does not pay competitive wages. Advertised advancement opportunities do not exist. Benefits OK.

Do you like saving your employer the equivalent of your annual salary on a weekly basis while simultaneously being told that there's no room in the budget for raises to keep up with inflation?Do you like being told that there are ample advancement opportunities for someone with a degree in your field of study, then learning that that's just flat-out not true? Do you like seeing the same .gif of the guy's computer being on fire from the IT crowd sixteen times per day?Have I got the job for you!

Pros

Benefits package allows me to go to therapy to talk about how much I hate my job.

Cons

Quite literally everything else.

Toxic Management Culture and Low Wages

To work for ENGIE is to be in an abusive relationship. Prepare to be over-worked, under-prepared, gaslit, undermined, and back-stabbed by management at every turn. This is the most toxic work environment I've ever experienced.

Pros

Mental health benefits (you will need them).

Cons

Wages, management, toxic culture, absurd advancement process, shoestring training

Management doesn't know what they're doing

I've worked here for almost 5 years and over that period of time the CEO has changed multiple times. There are constant changes in management. There are so many inefficiencies to the point where it is embarrassing to be offering our services to clients. Pay could be better too. Also turnover is rampant.

Mostly Great People, Crummy Pay

While most co-workers, as well as the managers, are great to work with/for, Engie can be an incredibly demoralizing place to work. Pay is sub-par (I've been working there for almost nine years and still make barely more than minimum wage), and they seem disinclined to improve that situation. Promises are made and broken on a regular basis when it comes to dealing with compression, as well as general pay, issues. There is frequent mandatory Saturday overtime in the form of 8-hour shifts as well. It's also very difficult for grievances against problematic co-workers to be settled as well, with no apparent consequences for those who frequently put the bulk of the more difficult work on their co-workers by cherry-picking easier jobs (or even flagrantly disrespecting and aggravating fellow employees) even if such has affected the work of said co-workers.

Pros

Friendly people, understanding managers, good PTO

Cons

Low pay, mandatory overtime, no discipline for difficult employees

Okay Employer

Engie as an overall employer isn’t bad. Turn over seems to be getting worse and worse and they don’t seem to be doing a good job of compensating for that. Communication through the company is poor and you are expected to complete work that is not part of your job description. Little to no official training is provided making it difficult to understand what is expected of you.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Communication

Great company

I love my position and would recommend this company to anyone searching for a job....Great flexibility and great team.....Work is easy and there is always someone to help if you don't understand

The Curb Appealer

Successful and ideal image in branding and marketing materials, but, the day-to-day operations are subpar. Overall, decent job if you are looking to gain some experience and are able to live off the pay.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Pay

Positive, relaxed company culture/work environment

You won’t become a millionaire working at Engie, but it’s an easy-going, relaxed place to work. Wages are fairly low for entry level positions, but they also aren’t very demanding. The upper echelons of the company are from France and Belgium, so the company is very modern and cool in terms of diversity, tolerance, that kind of thing. Their COVID-19 response was fact-based and aggressive, and likely saved lives among the older employees.

Pros

Good PTO/sick leave, tolerant and relaxed workplace

Cons

Low entry-level compensation

Tough to stay focused with minimum pay

Work is often repetitive with little to no incentive to work harder. Management is decent so are coworkers. The culture pushes employees to hit daily goals.

Horrible wages

I don't feel like the company values its employees the wages are low but the benefits are good. I have worked at NG for a year-and-a-half and I'm still making less than $15 an hour

Not a bad place to work

I love Engie and everything that they do. I feel like Engie is one of those places that not a lot of people know about but when you do, it’s quite the job experience. I feel like the people there are kind, Including the managers. The only downside is there is a lot of micro management happening within your department. Also I felt like the managers themselves could maybe work on their ability to solve issues, I feel like when there was an issue a couple of them are quick to side with one person. Having said that, I would still recommend working there as the work environment is very pleasant and the role itself is satisfying. This company is what we need in the present and future.

Good company to work for

It was a decent company to work for. Management was pretty fair. They really emphasize employee safety. Advancement opportunities weren't abundant. It just depends on what you want to do. Probably 97% of the jobs there are sedentary. That is fine if that's what you prefer. I grew tired of it, but that doesn't really have much to do with the quality of the company.

Pros

Positive co-workers

Cons

Company spends A LOT of money on unnecessary stuff, when that money should be going to employees

One of the hardest minimum wage jobs you'll ever have.

The job was a very tiring one. Leaving you flustered at the end of the day, in a sort of haze. They only train you a week, then toss you to the wolves. The training isn't enough, and they will have you depend on the team leads to fill in that massive gap of knowledge. This is shown especially when you call the vendors for the companies that we handled. They had a large distain for the company in general. On one occasion I made a call for a bill copy, and the lady who worked there had been called so much by other employees that didn't escalate the call to a higher up, she threatened to call the police on me. For me it was too stressful for the minimum wage I was receiving.

Pros

Remote Work, Team Leads

Cons

Unrealistic expectations, Immense Stress

Engie cares about all employees

Benefits are good, they take care of us, the most inclusive company I have ever worked for, they have community service days to volunteer for in the community.

Pros

Family oriented understanding of family needs

Cons

Not much to say here I love working for engie!

Slave Drivers

For a company that is suppose to be about management, analytics and consolidations, I did not see much of it. Accounts were continuously not consolidated, thus not being managed and the analytics they use to rate you on your job performance is out of date and inaccurate. The Team Leads are the only saving grace, but because upper management is incompetent, always coming up with bad ideas that only add more work, the Team Leads are powerless before the "Good Idea Fairy". This company only cares about numbers and not about quality. I'll save you some time, if you want to apply for this position and you have any care of being fulfilled at the end of your day, apply someplace else. If you are one of the many business that are subscribed to their "Service" you are being hustled.

Pros

Team Leads

Cons

Management is incompetent, Pay does not equal the work demanded, Scale for efficiency and performance is out of date and inaccurate at best, Not Fulfilling

Not enjoyable place to work

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at ENGIE is good. They care about your family.Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at engie are not good.OverallI feel stuck working at this job.

Great co-workers horrible managment

Co-workers were great, but there was a lack of guidance and support from any management. Don't think about any promotions or raises unless your family or good friends with the team leads.

Management is a mixed bag

The work is monotonous.Everyday is a slight variation of the day before.Management is very supportive depending on which department you are in. For the amount of knowledge one must have to perform daily tasks, the pay is miserable.

Pros

Company who is trying to better the quality of life on the planet

Cons

Pay is miserly

Analysts

The pay can be a lot better . I feel we are under paid and not given good benefits . I wouldn’t make this company a career for anyone who is trying to get ahead in life but it’s more a starter

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ENGIE Impact. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• ENGIE Impact
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?