ENGIE North America

ENGIE North America Employee Reviews

Good place for college internship

Internship was a good opportunity to learn and work while still going to school. Job maintained flexibility to fit with my busy class schedule as I finished my last couple of semesters.

Productive work environment

The company graciously promotes professional development and supports your interests. They try to accommodate your professional goals in every way that is capable.

Progressive company with a vision of building a sustainable future...

Very progressive company, with a focus on safety, diversity, & inclusion. Committed fully to sustainability and net zero carbon projects, even to the extent that profitable (but less carbon-neutral) opportunities are passed over. Highest levels of upper management are often internationals and movement seems fluid. Pay is competitive. Safety culture in the U.S. is strong and managers do not pressure compromises to safety for speed or cost. Support from corporate functions (HR, IT, etc.) can be slow and frustrating.

Ótimo lugar pra trabalhar

Um bom lugar pra trabalhar, pessoas com boa facilidade de se entender e trabalho em equipe.

Pros

Recebemos ticket refeição

Not too bad, schedule can kind of stink

Overall was a pretty alright time working there, had a pretty bad manager at the time which didnt do any favors. The 4 and 2 schedule can be pretty bad when understaffed, hopefully that doesnt happen anymore

All the right ideas with zero follow through.

I started at ENGIE 3.5 years ago with the promise of promotion opportunities because I was told I was, “way over qualified for the position I was being offered.” But if I “paid my dues” opportunities for promotion open frequently. Opportunities did not open frequently. Furthermore, the Sr Management and above proved over the 3.5 years I was there to be toxic and incompetent as was evident by them being shuffled around year after year while their subordinates were fired or quit after 1 to 2 years. Accountability only applied to those under the Sr Management level. Furthermore I heard the term, “coach them out the door” more often than I care to admit when describing employees who were struggling to adapt.

Pros

Great purpose; awesome benefits; good entry-level experience

Cons

Poor planning; managers not leaders; big talk w/o delivery; under paid

Good PTO balance. Low Bonus Target

Laid back atmosphere. Benefits were average. Pay was low compared to the industry. Their Real Time Desk was treated like an "entry level" position and not a career.

Horrible place to work

This was a horrible place to work for me. You come in and you're awed by the building and by everything they say however you are not provided adequate training and a request for training will result in being told you've had it even if you can prove you haven't. They are not supportive or friendly in the work place or with you as a person. They will take problems with their systems and blame you as the individual such as a system not propwrly sending out a document even when you have the proof you sent it through. I would never work here again regardless of the compensation or benfits offered. Working there took a serious toll on my mental and even physical health.

Pros

Nice building and friendly co workers

Cons

Pretty much everything else

Trato personal de excelencia, motivadora.

Muchas cosas por hacer, se aprende todo tipo de cosas, existe preocupación por apoyar al compañero con la finalidad de evitar retrasos en las entregas. La gerencia siempre demuestra preocupación por las personas y se da el tiempo de conversar las personas.La dificultades siempre son las mismas se lucha en contra del tiempo.Es agradable ver la confianza que te entrega el evaluador y tus futuros compañeros de trabajo.

Pros

El horario de trabajo, la confianza hacia el personal, entre otras.

Cons

Por ahora no he encontrado contras.

Nothing to say

Really not too much to say. I did not like the work and felt the company was not ran well as a whole. Wind is a growling job with lots of hours and wear and tear on the body.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at ENGIE North America?

Productive and fun place go work

Good place to work. People are supportive and help you get on your feet. Good work life balance with PTO and sick days. Pay is about average with a good STI bonus plan.

Good Company

Great company to work for. I worked with a lot of great hard working folks. They are always ready to help you if needed. Management was in a tough spot trying to keep team happy and also answer to corporate. Oftentimes coworkers could not see the challenges management faced on a daily basis.

Pros

Great people

Cons

Shift work

Good place

Good place. No complaints. I have no complaints this was a good place to work. Good people. Good atmosphere and good environment. Nice place and good office building.

Great place to grow and learn. Over all it’s a wonderful place work through Engie. Locally upper management is poor.

Great place to grow and learn. Over all it’s a wonderful place work through Engie. Great work life balance. Locally upper management is poor but that’s not because of Engie.

Pros

Good work life balance

Cons

No cons

Productive place to work - not a lot of socialization.

It is expected that you arrive on time each day. The first meeting of the day is immediately thereafter everyone's arrival. Since many of the managers are working remotely, most every meeting is done electronically.. There is not much room to get to know who you are dealing with, or much socialization to start with, but it becomes obvious that these meeting can work out to the company benefit eventually, I held three different jobs on the site, but with the help from the onsite team, i was very successful with all three positions. The roles included interim Site Manager, Quality Control Manager and I also handled VDEQ's SWPPP (Environmental Management).

Pros

Being in tight with the entire site crew helped production and i was able to keep my sanity.

Cons

Long hours each day and few breaks, Upper management worked remotely for much of the project until their help became necessary.

Worst company to work for you will fill yourself deing everyday

The company is horrible to work for. Everyone is nice but talks behind everyones back. Its back to high school all over again if not worse. Management is sleeping with everyone inside the building in the offices. If you walk in on it they will find everyway to get you fired even if you dont say a word. This company makes you die inside just by walking into the building. When i left for the last time i finally felt free.

Pros

Good hours

Cons

The company and management

Very disappointing work place

Engie Impact has struggled to provide clear and concise paths for day to day processes and paths for promotion. This has occurred due to ever changing Corporate objectives and Mission. Although they speak about equality and inclusion, they don’t practice it. Pay for Women is much lower than what male counterparts are paid. They are quick to hire outside individuals versus promoting highly qualified and professional employees.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Unclear direction

Pay and Poor Management

Said the job was good for 8 months. They decided to move all the work to Fort Sask. They were rude and the hours were insane. So it wasnt great for family life. So less money to work in town and long hours. Should of just worked up north. They were awful at paying on time or at all

Pros

Cons

Long Hours, Low Pay, Management

Good place to learn however most employees are stressed and overworked

Good place for entry level employees. Middle management is mostly overworked or are less enthusiastic towards work. They make you jack of all trades and master of none.Work life balance is not good. Most of the time have to work on weekends specially during pandemic year.

Craphole withbuseless management and insane work expectarions

I have worked here for going on 2 years. The management staff is next to useless, the work expectation is completely arbitrary and training is next to non existent. They expect you to not only do your job, but the job of everyone else around you (while getting paid less than them) while simultaneously trying to come up with way to improve work prosecesses because no one in management knows how to actually perform your work. The pay is close to minimum wage and they pretend to care about the environmental impact of the companies they have as clients and virtue signal about human rights while simultaneously treating you as terribly as they legally can and wasting as much energy as they can get away with. This company is actually a human rights violation.

Pros

You cam work from home

Cons

You have to work here

Very lean

This company is very lean. By lean I mean there are no extra hands that are going to help you achieve your goals. FIGURE IT OUT WITH THE RESOURCES YOU HAVE!! The team that you build around you will be very useful, and management is spread so thin they can barely offer support of any kind when you need guidance. I literally completed a project that was asked of me, with no guidance, the manager came back and told me that what U dud was wrong, I asked him what he was looking for, he replied, "I don't know but I know that what you have is wrong."

Pros

Most managers do not micromanage, High wages

Cons

Very lean organization

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ENGIE North America. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare ENGIE North America with

• ENGIE North America
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?