Eurofins

Sample Manager8 reviews

Clear
2.6Salary & Benefits

Found 3 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,719 reviews

The best company I have ever worked for

Eurofins encourages employees to move up in their careers and employees have regular meetings with their supervisors to discuss ideas for how to achieve your goals. It is a safe place to work. They work with you. It's a very demanding job, but I enjoy it. I have good co-workers and excellent management. We are also working toward better outcomes for patients and that give the work some meaning.

Pros

Good benefits, fun department activities

Cons

The benefits are a little expensive and I don't think we make enough money, though I do make a good wage.

astoundingly mediocre management and poor business culture

Eurofins Scientific was without a doubt the worst company I have ever worked for. The culture is extremely poor- I didn't even know it was possible to care less about your employee's work-life balance than Eurofins does (this is a symptom of their aggressive expansion strategy that values quantity over quality). Management never listens to employee concerns, sets unrealistic deadlines, and there was a policy of "don't leave until all the work is done". I worked a lot of overtime and never knew what time I was going to be done. Staff retention was atrocious- but upper management and middle management largely ignored employee concerns- even after I has raised my own several times. Poor compensation, poor company culture, poor management that bordered flat-out rudeness, unrealistic deadlines, a heavy workload- I was embarrassed to say I worked for Eurofins. If you are a new graduate and looking for an entry level experience, please steer clear of this company: I've had nothing but negative things to say about how they handle their employees well-being.

Shockingly mismanaged

Over the past several years, it has been Eurofins mission to double/triple/quadruple it's footprint in the laboratory testing industry globally. They are buying companies right and left. However, we as employees have witnessed first hand they are expanding so rapidly that they can not manage the growth. So much so, that in June 2019, they were attacked by the RYUK Ransomware that shut down hundreds of their laboratories globally for several weeks. When management was asked "why was there not a disaster recovery plan in place", employees were told "this was a once in a lifetime situation that was unexpected". However, the RYUK ransomware had already attacked several large companies and was in the media 6-9 months prior. This was not unexpected and a very real threat. Our computer systems and overall ability to function in our positions still suffer, as we continue to experience several server issues to this day. Our mailboxes don't connect, our online portals don't recognize credentials, there are delays in paychecks or we can't access the timekeeping/benefits/HR website all together. Each Eurofins location is more of a separate entity and can be looked at as it's own business with its own management team, however this affected (and still affects) the entire Eurofins network. When Eurofins buys your company, it is just like with any other buyout. Difficult transitions, lack of coordination, we didn't have access to the most basic email system, Microsoft Outlook, for 9 months. Staff had to use Outlook Web App, to manage their several hundred emails a day. Reorganizations continue -