ExxonMobil

ExxonMobil Employee Reviews

A new team will less safety awareness. Had a difficult time convincing the management representatives on the technicality of safety observation against risk behaviours by individuals.
Check priority task list of the day and execute them. Late morning and after lunch to do the social communication visits or calls to gather information or feedback pertinent to the task at hand. Revisit the priority task list and update for tomorrow. Be prepared for unexpected interruptions from others for assistance especially if it is from management or tasks that require prompt action. Co workers come in all shapes and sizes. One needs a good support network in terms of fellow colleagues and management to assist with nasty or unreasonable people, ExxonMobil taught me to be independent and resourceful. However, success here is 70% attributed to interpersonal skills and not so much on the hardware. Relationships are very important. The most enjoyable part for me is the dynamic nature of the workplace. If you are fully engaged in terms of job scope, there is never a dull moment.
Pros
Diversiy of colleagues and management
Cons
Too much emphasis on relationships and interpersonal skills
Executed and completed all project within target periods with fullest satisfaction of stakeholders. I was doing maintenance and trouble shooting of electrical and instruments
Pros
free house
After shift takeover, will access the workload for the day with work colleague. How to make and produce top quality product. Management will always enforced safety first. A very co operative co-workers. The hardest part of the job was to continue what's left over job by previous team. The most enjoyable part was when we managed to do the task right at the first time.
After shift change, review the previous days work load with colleague and management. A very great work partnership to workwith. The hardest part of the job was trying to expediate the left over jobs by the previous shift team. The most enjoyable part of the job was when we managed to maintain our work committment and get it done the first time safely.
Highly biased work environment and lots of favoritism while positioning employees. No value for Seniority,Talent and loyalty. One must choose to work in this company only if he doesn't find good job or use as transition job.Always keep in mind money is not everything, stress free and work with fun is most important to live happy and diseases free life.
Pros
Avarage pay as in other MNC
Cons
Highly stressful, most employees are gifted with multiple chronic diseases
Good exposure to managing logistics. Supportive mentors and colleagues to guide me along. There was definitely space for personal growth and development.
Pros
Supportive colleagues
Cons
Working distance far
There's ups and downs working at ExxonMobil. Although there's lots of polities. But I still gain knowledge of handing varies of instrument and the most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
Pros
food subsidies
Cons
long working hours
Very process driven and very disciplined in cost management. An organisation that allow for great learning and Safety is paramount in everything we do in ExxonMobil.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at ExxonMobil?
The company is known for its professional excellence and I really enjoyed. Unfortunately they take expatriates only on contract.
Pros
Good day rate salary, very good working atmosphere.
Cons
No permanent employment
i have carried out many NDT methods like PAUT,UT,PT,MPI,UTG in different client locations EXXON MOBIL,SWEE BEE,DRILL QUIP,PEC,STK,MUNSIONG,PCS etc...
Pros
free coffee, milo, tea
Cons
some times we need to work overtime as long to complete job
Exxon mobile asia pacific (p) ltd good learning place for example electrical maintenance and instrument calibration work and how to handling safe to work for the petrochemical field.
Cons
I enjoy working evreyday during my stay in Exxon Mobil company because I belong with a great working team and managed by a good leaders.I've learned so many techniques about my job which makes me a better welder.
Pros
Delicous foods
Cons
Not aircondition rooms in accomodation
Good Team workers, Safe working condition and area, strict monitoring of discipline wise works, time following team , Hard working towards goal achievement
ExxonMobil is a great place to work at. Many opportunities to learn and enlarge one's skills set. Great co-workers. Interesting and complex industry.
Contractor/ Sub-contractor/s lacking understanding of job spec and fundamentals of equipment installations.
Pros
Good expat package
Cons
Project fell behind schedule
Company is work oriented, good structure, but decision making is sometimes left to un-experienced staff.
learn alot about the work. we managed to work as a team through out the project
Good
Good
Most of the time inside plant observed the Safety behaviour of the company workforce. Improve the skill of communication with lower & higher management staff. To fully understand the operation of process plant. The most enjoyable of the job is gaining a lot of respect from the workforce as a Safety Personnel.
A good training ground and a wonderful place to work. Good training provided and a safe place to work.
Learned a lot on how to apply procedures in each job. The most important is , the company is a user friendly where we can find solutions easily for our doubts and questions on jobs, because there are lot of materials and systems,procedures to help. On safety basis, we can know the value of life by seeing the importance how much the company gives on each worker.
Pros
Free transport and lunches
  1. Employee Reviews