EY Management reviews

Good, helpful and fun colleagues. Work place environment is nice. Culture wise, depends on the management/lead of the department that you work in. Overall, pleasant work experience.
Too much influence from 1 particular country's culture permeating the firm's management style Good for graduates Long hours, bad benefits, the intent is to squeeze every drop from the staff Salary is market-level
Very good place to grow and expand your knowledge gain insights into many businesses. - Typical day: Chasing deadline - Learning point: Managing peopl - Management: Depends on who is your direct superior - Culture: Work hard - Hardest part: Getting deliverables out - Enjoyable part: Peers
Overtime for consecutive 2 weeks - average daily working hours more than 18 hours per day - tough tasks but effective management and efficiencies are the only way to make things out It would be good if human power was enough to handle the tasks
For prospective joiners, you can expect yourself to be constantly exposed to different range of roles and responsibilities at each rank (eg. A1, A2, S1 etc.), as such you will be learning many new things ranging from soft skills (eg. communicating with clients and team members, time management, analytical etc.) to honing your technical skills (eg. knowledge of FRS, SSA etc).
Pros
Good remuneration and benefits, possibility of travel
Cons
Typical day started with attending to emails, reviewing files, meetings depending on the job on hand. The work can be challenging but EY has a more friendlier environment compared to those that I have been used to.
Pros
Approchable and friendlier management
Cons
My company is a place with many learning opportunities in the areas of technical expertise and soft skills. The hardest part of the job is to deal with many different sets of management in the portfolio. The most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction we get to have with colleagues of similar ages since the company practices batch intake.
There will be peak and off-peak period in the audit department Management is concerned of staff feedback and takes action People here are approachable if help is needed Deadlines can be tough and have to handle various clients Can be rewarding if you like audit
Pros
Free snacks during peak period
Cons
Expected to OT during peak
EY is great for providing a clear direction on pay advancement and overall job ranking structure. I do not have further comments at this point in time.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at EY?
Poor culture set by management of unrealistic deadlines and deliverables. The firm is perpetually understaffed due to the high attrition rates, which makes it worst for existing staff. Would generally say the firm is on a downward spiral.
•Substantive procedures for inventory (fashion retail industry). •Setting up accounting system (including internal control and application of SFRS 38). •Provides forecasting (for operating & investing decisions) and working capital management services. Applying knowledge in advance Excel techniques, Macros and Super Pivot to forecast revenue and all accounts for investor presentation.
Not a bad place to work. Top management needs to exercise more humane touch or be understanding. Sometimes, excellence, fast, does not go with high volume of work load.
Good and safe environment where colleagues respect each other's space and life. Management is terrible, as the system is too bureaucratic, low pay, short hours but safe job. Best for later stages in career.
Our work day is seldom a typical workday where you can knock off at 1800. We often work till late in the night or sometimes till the next morning. We always have tight deadline to meet. However we learn how to cope with managing management and client and learn how to meet their expectations. We take pride in meeting deadlines and learn how to work as a team. As a senior we need to be able to motivate our juniors despite the long hours and need to guide and coach them as well. We have a sense of achievement to complete our job/report with quality and on time.
A typical day at work is unexpecting, may have many surprises be it pleasant or unpleasant. Management needs to improve in managing staffs. The most enjoyable part of the job is your supporting peers.
Pros
Steep Learning Curve
Cons
Long Hours
•Leadership Skills •Team Management •Operations Management •Quality Assurance •Process Improvement •Client Interaction and Handling •Documentation •Reporting and Training •Trade Settlements •Account Opening and Setup •KYC and AML checks•Process Migration •Training People •Building Teams
Pros
N/a