FireEye

FireEye Employee Reviews

Big company, varying experiences

Enormous company with many different products and services. With over 3500 employees, experiences greatly vary, as does the workplace culture from location to location.

Good work-life balance.

Good work-life balance. Management is supportive of flexible working options. Job satisfaction is dependent on what team you are working with and the nature of the work.

Pros

Good work-life balance.

Cons

Depending upon which team you are working with, work might be interesting or not.

Used to be Good.

Used to be good.It's gone down hill.Since being acquired LOTS of uncertainty.I'd stay away at least for another 6 months.Wait till after the private equity company decides what they're going to do.

Productive workplace, bit of micro-management

Overall experience was good. Lot of extra benefits like free lunch, snacks, opportunities to attend good conferences like Gracehoppers, etc.Can reduce micro-management of daily work. Mostly depends on the manager you are working for.

Inclusive culture. Many changes expected with move to Private equity.

FireEye is not perfect but there's been a lot to like about the culture. People are always willing to work on a problem or provide support. Management communicates as well as any company I've been with and is a leader in incident response with great products. Growth has been slow and steady, with the main product that took them public still representing much of the sale, but not growing. The split of Mandiant and FireEye "Products" has caused concern from those going to private equity, but there is some opportunity as services were over-invested compared with products.

Pros

ONE team culture. Inclusive. Fair pay. String products.

Cons

Move to Private equity is an instant pay decrease with RSUs and ESPP going away. Still no 401k match, Little recognition for strength of products, Need to move to cloud faster.

Long-suffering Identity Crises

FireEye is fine. The Mandiant side of the house holds some of the best security minds in the world, and they do very good work. The legacy side has some work to do. Every 3-6 months, there is a massive shift in priorities from the highest level. There’s not a lot of follow through, and there are a great deal of outdated thinkers making decisions.

Pros

Flexible Time Off (if you choose to take it), benefits, being part of a well renowned security authority

Cons

Office politics and constantly changing direction

Solid Hardware Operations Team

Company is allocating resources to the software side of the business (as are most of Silicon Valley companies ) but the hardware team come prepared each and every day and executes at a very high level. Team is tight and management is solid. Company has made great efforts for greater upper management transparency and it shows. Company is making some nice software additions to the company portfolio that should reap benefits in the future. Overall a great place to work.

Pros

A serious CEO who want to always be the best, do what you say attitude drives the company, fair pay, great people

Cons

No matching 401k

Excellent Company & Cares for its Staff

This company from the start made me feel very welcome to the team included me in the social events. Made me feel relaxed and up pressured during training. They are very patience and answers the questions honestly.

Pros

We had free lunch daily and good food. Great monthly "Happy Hours" with Upper management and CEO, President, and VPs attending mingling and talking with all.

Cons

Got a little noisy at times, but was addressed

Good company for experienced people

In terms of employee benefits & perks, the company stands high. Good culture, worklife balance. Sometimes, you can get chance to work with other business units. Good learning

Pros

Salary & Other benefits, free lunch, rewards & recognition

Cons

Job Security, Work-life balance

Ok place to work!

The team I was on was great at first. Then the new C level came in and it all went bad. It was very unfortunate, I really loved what I do but I just couldn't do it there any longer.

Highly recommended

Friendly work environment and great products to work on. Lots of opportunities to learn on the security domain. Remote work option Management at the top have great talents to lead the company.

It was great until I got blindsided

My supervisor was really happy with the quality and quantity of work I was doing, when they decided they were going to downsize after telling everyone they werent doing any downsizing. I will miss the work and my colleagues, I never saw it coming. Great snacks, and they had a professional masseuse come in twice a month. My immediate supervisor was great! Support management was very understanding and supportive of me and my family.

Work Life Balance Suffers

The company I was working for got bought out by FireEye. Unfortunately there is a lack of work life balance. And was at one point particular VP would publicly harass and abuse people in the work place.

Love working for this company

I have enjoyed my time here. Very flexible work, good people. Overall, good place to work. dskfndvcdsnvcsd csdncdsnfdsnfnadscfnadsncdncndascndncjdncndndcd

Great people

Great company, Great people, great technology. FireEye is a customer-facing company so you have to be ready for that. Probably one of the best environments I have bee part of in my professional career.

Work hard Play hard

FireEye is still a young company and has traits of a young company. You work hard and it pays off. There are company sponsored functions and celebrations. The folks here treat you well and with respect.

cloud based

company had wonderful appliance products. Very smart engineers. Good culture. people are friendly, work life balanced good, building nice. Hardware team is top notch.

Good opportunity to learn; Management leaves something to be desired

I got a lot of opportunity to learn initially. It was a good job to have for the technical experience. Management didn't give a lot of good feedback in one on ones, and it didn't feel like we were working together.

Great place to work with support, flexibility and friendly people

FireEye is a good company overall. Flexibility is the best part about working there. I've learned a lot in the roles I have had and appreciate the experience i've gained.

Discriminatory Company

I worked at this company for 3 years. Not a good place to work. FireEye has great pay and benefits but this company has a lot of racist employees and management will make it difficult for minority employees to survive. Beware.

Deteriorating work environment and culture

There is too much politics in the upper management of the which is resulting in deteriorating work culture and environment. Also, there is no job security in the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FireEye. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• FireEye