Fullerton Bay Hotel

Fullerton Bay Hotel Employee Reviews

Singapore14 reviews

I can learn in the Kitchen

In the day I will prepare for today and the next day. At lunch and dinner, I mainly do Gardemanger and also will help western hot side The first thing I learned was how to make my work more efficient. The second is skill The hardest part is lean new things but this also is my enjoyable part. And also I enjoying the teamwork

Productive & Fun Workplace

Productive & Fun Workplace. Has a great working atmosphere. Good working colleagues. A good stepping stone. Learned a lot from my co-worker and vice-versa.

Good Environments to work

Organizing and planning essential central services such as reception, maintenance, mail, archiving, cleaning, catering, waste disposal, and recycling.

fun and engaging workplace

the people surrounding me were very kind and helpful and kind. they helped and guided me throughout my time there as an intern. It was definitely an eye-opening experience. I am very thankful for every obstacle and challenge that I faced which made me be the person who I am today.

Pros

Amazing meals prepared my Staff

Cons

Long Hours

fun and enojyable

Learning of making drinks and working environment is fun. would prefer to look for a new job and upgrade myself to the society. culture of the place is fun

productive

all and all it was good to work in here. . what i dont like was the broken time because we dont have place to rest . . we just walk walk around the mall. .

Pros

free meals

Cons

8 hours

Beautiful workplace

Nice place to work but unnecessary long working hours which is not productive. Manpower not utilized productively.which churns out to be high turn over

Pros

Good team members

Not great

First few jobs- young and rarirng, pushed sround- climed the corporate ladder at a young age Great learning experience with wine and spirits,- and fine dining

fun

In my time working in the Hotel I learn how to work as a team with my fellows associates by taking care of our guests and making their staying a wonderful time. This company gave me the tools for accomplish my goals and give my best.

best training ground

It is fun to work there esp. when you are new from the company.At first it is very exciting and you will feel motivated to come to work because of your work environment.When you used to it there is no spark at all.Salary is just in average.

Pros

stress free

Cons

less salary

Meeting a wide variety of people

I'm a good mixer. I can make a friend easily and get accustomed to new situation. I'm working as a hotelier. Which means I can meet a wide variety of people. So I become considerate of other people's feelings. I think this one is a best benefit work as hotelier.

Pros

staff welfare

Cons

long hours working

Trainee Experience

Insightful and knowledgeable supervisor taught me how to handle difficult customers and improve my customer service skills considerably. Shift hours so work/life balance was affected. I was on internship thus advancement and job security wasn't really an option. Everyone worked together like a family and the bond is great.

Very good learning experience being in a 5-star business hotel.

Lounge operations starts at 7am. Being located in a business district, breakfast to lunch shift is normally busy due to high turnover of guests mainly for business meetings. At 3pm, we do the afternoon tea which is very famous for locals and tourists. Once the hi tea ends, we have the cocktail period to cater the guests who wish to have drinks and or dinner. Working in a diverse country like Singapore, I've learned a lot from this company through the people that I've met and how to deal with them nicely and professionally as well as catering to their special needs and requests. Being in a management position is challenging because my Assistant Manager and Managers are depending on me whenever they are not around. It also makes me to strive hard because I want to serve as a model to all my colleagues so that they will also do the same. I am working in a very diverse environment. I have colleagues from Philippines, Malaysia, India, South Korea and of course Singapore. Learning how to deal with them is a challenge because they all have different perceptions and cultures, and we all have to respect each other despite our differences so that we can work harmoniously and efficiently. The hardest part of the job for me will be the long working hours. We all have to work for 12 hours a day sometimes because we are short of manpower. However, the best part of my job is meeting people. I learned from them through their stories and experiences, and I am very privilege because they share a part of their life with me.

Pros

Free meals, 50% discount to food establishments managed by the hotel, discounted room rates (subject to availability)

Excelent

a typical day at work what you learned management your co-workers the hardest part of the job the most enjoyable part of the job DO NOT include any personally identifiable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fullerton Bay Hotel. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Fullerton Bay Hotel with