GLOBALFOUNDRIES

GLOBALFOUNDRIES Employee Reviews

Singapore165 reviews

Career progression

Quite slow, need more time to gain trust from colleagues and manager.Many free time as not many job to be done in a day.Take your time to learn all new things.

The department I was in puts in effort to organize bonding sessions between different departments to improve chemistry of employees. Frequent lunch meetings and transportation are some of the benefits

Productive and fun work environment

Excellence work environment, with a clear vision and mission by the management. Regular coffee session and management townhall briefing.Excellence colleague bonding session that makes the work fun and productive.Cross business partners communication making work more clear understanding of each business nature.

overwork

management doesn't care about your well being. expects you to be available 24 /7 push all the blame into rank and file employee. all they do is talk and they expect you to provide solution for the problem within 15mins

No work

Very relaxed at work. Quite welfare as we are allowed to have our breakfast in the canteen in the morning before we start work. Boring work as sometimes theres no work to be done in the day

Pros

No work

Cons

No career progression

Great place to work. Great culture. Good team collaboration. Team with winning together mindset. Able to learn and grow especially for new grad. Good opportunity to try new ideas and good support from management team

Very good company to work , learn and grow

Global Foundries is one of the global leader in semiconductor industry. Its a fast pace environment where individuals are expected to perform to their best ability at all time.The are strict procedures when comes to cleanroom protocols.Opportunity to learn state of arts , high tech machineries. Multitasking critical thinking and problem solving skills are essential here.Well paying job with good company benefits.

Fab 7 is not a good place after the new management since 2020

Used to be work life balance since I joined 2016.Salary payout was relatively lower than the other companies with the similar field, but back then the culture here was still okay, work life balance is achievable.But since the new management from 2020, everything changes. Engineers at higher rank were poorly treated. The pay definitely not tally with the workload.Poor Management is the main rootcause for the fast turnover rate nowadays.Many veteran has left for a company that compensate them better.

Average place to work

Depending on which department you are in, can be less stressful and can achieve work-life balance. However, this also means that the base salary, increment and overall package will be less, as compared to peers in the industry. A very big site with many opportunities to learn. Good benefits like company bus & in-house clinic.

All about manufacturing data

If your are interested in manufacturing data, that won’t be problem . As a global company, the end to end development cannot be done by individuals and you will be doing the same thing for over years.

Too many people leaving

I was from process integration. People in Globalfoundries are generally very amicable and nice to work with. However, too many people left the company and the management does not hire sufficient people, leaving those behind to do all the work.

Pros

Good colleagues

Cons

Salary and benefits and too many people leaving

Fast-paced environment

A good start for fresh graduate and adapt to fast-paced semiconductor environment but there is less work life balance as a process engineer. Some benefits like free ticket to wildlife reserve Singapore and phone allowance.

Pros

Free ticket to outdoor activities

Cons

No work life balance

压力大

人际关系比较好,工作压力比较大,工作的内容比较多。但薪资待遇好。领导层与下属的关系好。工作环境与一般fab一样。

My first job in Singapore

I really appreciate the company , and I almost got my goals,.... I really miss the company... If the company ask me to join back I will happy to join.

Work efficient

Work efficient. Employees get along well with each other.

Great for Internship

In my internship period, I was fortunate to learn new and useful skills that could help me in the long run. The management is nice and friendly, my coworkers are fun and tolerating and the HR department is responsive. Overall, it is a great place to work there.

Productive and good learning environment

It's my first Job and I had a great help form senior colleagues for my learning and be adjust to the environment. Even management also nice and friendly staff. There's a lot more great memories I was able to create my working period at global foundries.

Best company

Company ini sentiasa memberi anda peluang dan pengalaman untuk memantapkan minda juga jati diri . Dari segi moral dan attitude hidup . Dan membuatkan kita sentiasa percaya diri kita melakukan sesuatu perkerjaan

Diverse culture

This company has a diverse multi-national company. Aside from just being an employee, you will learn as well if how to work with different background colleague which can help you to improve your well-being.

A kind of hard job

Currently working but not satisfies with salary and looking for opportunities in team work. Need at least 2 weeks time period to join new job. Need proper PPE equipment for job.

Fun working Place

A good place to work in. Despite the heavy load of operational work we have to do but the working culture is a superb one. A good environment to work in..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GLOBALFOUNDRIES. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare GLOBALFOUNDRIES with