GLOBALFOUNDRIES

GLOBALFOUNDRIES Employee Reviews

In my internship period, I was fortunate to learn new and useful skills that could help me in the long run. The management is nice and friendly, my coworkers are fun and tolerating and the HR department is responsive. Overall, it is a great place to work there.
Good - people are genuinely friendly. Some workers and first line mgrs are excellent. SLT seems to be trying to shore up the company's finances.

Bad - very high cost of living area. Some workers are new or the rejects from other fabs. Future very uncertain.
Pros
Benefits
Cons
Job stability
Work efficient. Employees get along well with each other.
Enjoy people I work with. Merging IT systems across various sites is taking too long and introduces waste into processes and a lot of frustration. A lot of manual processes should be more automated.
The front put on by the job discription and employee orientation is not even close to the way the UPW/WWT department operates. Management has very little desirer to enforce or promote efficent or safe work practices.
Upper management does not follow through on thier ideas to improve operations.
Pros
Clothing allowance
Cons
No support of employees ideas for improvement for safety, efficiencies.
Ok paying job, untill they let you go. Unemployment benefits cost them less than keeping people employed. This company has horrid management practices, and good luck with human reasources.. Unless you "IN" with "Friends" your job is always at risk, and If your "unliked" they will make your life miserable untill you quit.
Atmosphere is good and managers are willing to help you move up in the company good benefits and scholarship opportunities. I went in there with no knowledge of what they do there and everyone is willing to help you learn and help you get comfortable.
Beware if you happen to get stuck with a Non American Manager - they suck. They are totally insecure and will do everything to sabotage your career. They wont give you opportunities or help or guide or train or even attend a scheduled 1:1 discussion. Remote work even makes it harder to get in touch with anyone out side of your team.
Big company. Training could be better in fab. Manager excellent and patient.
A variety of jobs available. The compressed work week takes a little getting familiar to the job.
Global is a great place to work. Be prepared to over work for no promotion. Learn what you can and find a bigger paycheck in nicer weather. Don’t expect to get big raises or bonuses. Use this job as a stepping stone and you will thank me later.
It was a cool process in learning how the facility works, I was working overnights and driving 30+ mins to work so 6am-6pm got to be too much for me but overall was an ok job.
great place to work too many new project with lots of different project. people are experience there. they worked for IBM too. the advantage of working
A typical day at work would be to attend weekly meetings with selected customers. Raise 2-way and 3-way NDA's in Sales Force.com. I would need to keep track of all quotes being generated in GDE.
Great place to work. You can learn a lot and advance if you work smart. Generally everyone is kind and reasonable. Both bosses I had were understanding and went out of their way to help you be successful. Seems to be a very high turnover rate which can be jarring at times. However, this often creates room for internal promotions.
It's my first Job and I had a great help form senior colleagues for my learning and be adjust to the environment. Even management also nice and friendly staff. There's a lot more great memories I was able to create my working period at global foundries.
The facility is good management is totally incompetent. There are opportunities just be cautious and ask a lot of questions. You can do well if you get a decent manager.
This place is ok to work. There is a big disadvantage of job security as it is in a quite volatile semiconductor industry. When being employed here, there was a management not experienced enough.
I no longer work there - thete was no training at all for the job and most of the time there was never anyone around to answer questions or help with a problem
Disconnected Management use HR procedures to abuse workers

Inexperienced HR that allow themselves to be used to abuse employees

Senior Management’s need be more involved
One of the best things is there is training always offered at GF. Can sign up and attend multiple course and can quickly learn about the semiconductor industry.
Most of the processes here are fully automated, leaving employees often bored. Being that there are 12 hour shifts, it is hard to feel that your time is passing quickly ever. In the instance of the recent virus outbreak, it is alarming that they have not shut down.