GLOBALFOUNDRIES

GLOBALFOUNDRIES Employee Reviews

In my internship period, I was fortunate to learn new and useful skills that could help me in the long run. The management is nice and friendly, my coworkers are fun and tolerating and the HR department is responsive. Overall, it is a great place to work there.
Great to place to be at! When I first started the CEO was a pleasure to meet with. Awesome person and has great character. Anybody would be so lucky to work there !
Pros
People
Cons
Many will complain about any job they have. At Global Foundries there are plenty of growth opportunities for women and men.Opportunities to expand your education as well through the Empire state college.
Pros
Healthy work environment
Cons
Non yet
I worked at global foundries in the fab for 2 years on the nite shift. At first I liked it. Than I realized that the management only considers you a number and use’s you. The raises are poor and so is the morale. The skills you are learning on tools are only useful in a semiconductor factory. My resume is pretty spotty when it comes to global foundries. The health benefits are good and the vacation is decent. The wages are low especially for day shift.
Pros
Health insurance, good co workers
Cons
Low wages, low raises no transferable skills.
Co-workers are nice but the management is horrible and don't know hot to motivate there employees in a positive way. 12.5 hour shift are also hard to work through especially on the night shift.
Pros
Two hour long breaks
Cons
The management is terrible
Take out trash Cleaning windows Swiping and, mopping floors Moving boxesMoving tables Moving doors Cleaning bathrooms Cleaning hallways Cleaning steps
● Work-life balanceWork-life balance at GLOBALFOUNDRIES is good● Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at GLOBALFOUNDRIES are very good● ManagementIn general, managers at GLOBALFOUNDRIES are personable and willing to listen and helpful
I've been working here a little over 2 years at this point. I took the Shift Engineer role on nights, with the expectation that after a couple years or so it would be an easy integration into an equipment engineer role (I mean...that is why I got an engineering degree in the first place). WRONG. I have been trying to get off nights for several months now. Talked to all the managers in my department and just am being given the runaround. Applied for all the open reqs for equipment engineers on site, these are all INTERNAL hiring positions, and never received any sort of follow-up email for any of them. So, as-is, I'm stuck here for the moment until one of the managers decides to finally try and put me in a better role (months later), or until I get a better job elsewhere. All that being said, it wasn't all bad at first. As the shift engineer I'm working hands-on with the technician teams and have learned soooo much. Really, the best way to learn the tools is by being hands-on with the technicians. It's just that after some time, I've seen all the typical faults and recurring issues. I'm doing nothing unless there's a major tool fault, which doesn't happen terribly often. And what's worst, is that being on nights really limits what I can do as far as engineering projects, as anything you can think of requires collaboration and working with the tool or process owners....and at that point, why would they give it to a night shifter when they can either: 1) do it themselves, or 2) give it to the SE on days (which makes more sense from their perspective).Unfortunately, all this - more...
Pros
Consistent shift schedule, Cafe is GREAT on days
Cons
Nights gets the short stick in literally every single regard, Shift teams looked down on by engineering teams, compensation lower than industry average
Good - people are genuinely friendly. Some workers and first line mgrs are excellent. SLT seems to be trying to shore up the company's finances. Bad - very high cost of living area. Some workers are new or the rejects from other fabs. Future very uncertain.
Benefits
Cons
Job stability
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at GLOBALFOUNDRIES?
Work efficient. Employees get along well with each other.
Enjoy people I work with. Merging IT systems across various sites is taking too long and introduces waste into processes and a lot of frustration. A lot of manual processes should be more automated.
The front put on by the job discription and employee orientation is not even close to the way the UPW/WWT department operates. Management has very little desirer to enforce or promote efficent or safe work practices. Upper management does not follow through on thier ideas to improve operations.
Pros
Clothing allowance
Cons
No support of employees ideas for improvement for safety, efficiencies.
Ok paying job, untill they let you go. Unemployment benefits cost them less than keeping people employed. This company has horrid management practices, and good luck with human reasources.. Unless you "IN" with "Friends" your job is always at risk, and If your "unliked" they will make your life miserable untill you quit.
Atmosphere is good and managers are willing to help you move up in the company good benefits and scholarship opportunities. I went in there with no knowledge of what they do there and everyone is willing to help you learn and help you get comfortable.
Big company. Training could be better in fab. Manager excellent and patient. A variety of jobs available. The compressed work week takes a little getting familiar to the job.
Global is a great place to work. Be prepared to over work for no promotion. Learn what you can and find a bigger paycheck in nicer weather. Don’t expect to get big raises or bonuses. Use this job as a stepping stone and you will thank me later.
It was a cool process in learning how the facility works, I was working overnights and driving 30+ mins to work so 6am-6pm got to be too much for me but overall was an ok job.
great place to work too many new project with lots of different project. people are experience there. they worked for IBM too. the advantage of working
A typical day at work would be to attend weekly meetings with selected customers. Raise 2-way and 3-way NDA's in Sales Force.com. I would need to keep track of all quotes being generated in GDE.
Great place to work. You can learn a lot and advance if you work smart. Generally everyone is kind and reasonable. Both bosses I had were understanding and went out of their way to help you be successful. Seems to be a very high turnover rate which can be jarring at times. However, this often creates room for internal promotions.
It's my first Job and I had a great help form senior colleagues for my learning and be adjust to the environment. Even management also nice and friendly staff. There's a lot more great memories I was able to create my working period at global foundries.
  1. Employee Reviews