GLOBALFOUNDRIES

GLOBALFOUNDRIES Employee Reviews in Tampines

Tampines11 reviews
It's my first Job and I had a great help form senior colleagues for my learning and be adjust to the environment. Even management also nice and friendly staff. There's a lot more great memories I was able to create my working period at global foundries.
Some dept are not helpful and challenge the disrection.
Taichi culture .

Always meeting and last min inform of aduit etc and Woodland culture inflence the other site
People are very friendly, helpful and no politic among the team. The company really taking care of the employee and always giving them the best......!!!
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long hour
having knowing the knowledge of one of the best wafer company in the world and also creating a networking system with the colleague and able to understand more about the company.
Pros
good management service
Cons
Too many foreigner than local
Over all rating for the Company not so high because of the following remarks.
1. On job Work/life balance.. employee a bit pressure due to work load.

2. Salary and Benefits, well compensated and benefits for the Employee also is good they always give bonuses specially if target is achieve.

3. Job Security in the Company was stable can plan for long time service on the Company.

4. Management a bit pressure but of course this is due to demand of the Company.

5. Job culture need to make some changes specially how to take care their new employee.Need more training for continues improvement of employee and company will get benefits also.
Pros
Well Compensated company and Job Security was stable
Cons
To much pressure and sometimes no time to enjoy life
Can get more experience when we applied new experiments. Company fully supported for this.

The follow sop is the main concern for the company
Pros
Good management
Cons
Immediate manager not support well
Monitor the effectiveness of Incoming and Outgoing Quality Control operations and make recommendations for improvement (Defect Rate, Lot Reject Rate Control) .
Working culture, management and job advancement are very important factors, especially for person like me who had just graduated from university 3 years ago. Young and hence energetic to work and grow my personal career. However, the organisation and management is somehow getting more and more management level executives, while the one who doing work still the same. The efficiency of the inverted pyramid working styles is somehow make the life of bottom worker difficult, as the management personnels (meaning your boss, your boss's boss, other section boss) will come to you in different timing for same issue or asking you doing few jobs and same time. This greatly reduces working efficiency. A best working culture is the organisation must have a clear direction (which now the company lack of), a clear organisation chart and follows (which the company isn't; the organisation is just for display).

However, most enjoyable for me in this company is still, there are still good managers around (not my immediate boss) who still supporting and teaching me quite a lot. So he do let me to feel good at the work place, at least. Maybe I'm just good luck.
Pros
Good basic salary
Cons
No OT claims (Engineer level and above), 7/24 hrs standby, bad management.
Most of the time busy, since needed to attend any alarms occurred in clean room and sub fab. Basic understanding of tool usage. Productive and willing to help whenever we're in need. Very helpful colleagues. Requesting tools for PM, would be a great challenge if too many tools under troubleshoot. On time PM completion would be great compliments from superior to encourage Technicians to perform well in their duties.
Pros
Subsidized foods.
Cons
Long hours.
You can learn anything in the facilities operation and maintenance from HVAC system to UPW/DI to Waste water tretment plant system..,
Pros
quarterly bonus...
Global foundries is a Wafer Fab. Nowadays this company is not doing well. Job is not secured.
Pros
can learn
Cons
bad working environment and bad pay