GLOBALFOUNDRIES

GLOBALFOUNDRIES Employee Reviews in Woodlands

Woodlands69 reviews
In my internship period, I was fortunate to learn new and useful skills that could help me in the long run. The management is nice and friendly, my coworkers are fun and tolerating and the HR department is responsive. Overall, it is a great place to work there.
Currently working but not satisfies with salary and looking for opportunities in team work. Need at least 2 weeks time period to join new job. Need proper PPE equipment for job.
A good place to work in. Despite the heavy load of operational work we have to do but the working culture is a superb one. A good environment to work in..
Overall its good company except for some managers who are bias towards certain race/etnic,

Very fast turnaround of Direct Labour , about 15% incurring new pressure to train and recruit new operators .
A lot of retrenchment & relocation. Position is not safe. You will experience a lot of susprices. Whoever has higher position is always right & too Asian culture.
The managers are supportive and encourage employees to take up course and new skill. The colleagues are patient in sharing and coaching. Though is a fast paced environment with new challenges, there is work life balance.
tough management

Need to work hard

No work life balace

Job security is there

No career improvement

Poor employee benefits

No break time

hard time there
I work at GLOBALFOUNDRIES implant module. I have 4years experience of operate the VARIAN, AXCELIS
AND AMAT machine for ion implantation to wafer. Now already be promoted to backup shift leader of implant

team. Be responsible to daily target plan and work arrangement. Familiar with all the metrology machine

operate and simple alarm troubleshoot. Understand the semiconductor principle of p-type

And n-type, and the process of wafer produce. Have the basic knowledge of diode and BJT.
day and night shift monthly changes working for 12 hrs daily.3 to 4 days off every week.OT been given.;learning more about the manufacturing product with multitask often be a challenge.
Pros
weekly
Cons
Advance 300 mm technology, Advance Automation system.
All machine machine is monitored by a system. Hardest part of the is need to walk for almost 10 hrs due to machine placement and volume.
Global foundries have different workplace culture for me working hours is not problem everyone should be treated as same learnt how manufacturing process takes through
Globalfoundries is a good company for a fresh graduate to work. It is a very huge international private company where you can meet and work with different people from different countries. For technical engineering field, it is not a good place for those who want to challenge more. The working style there is repetitive.
Pros
Give opportunities for fresh graduates
Cons
Repetitive jobs, Little increment
Using the latest technology to produce state of the art chips for different customers.
Well structure management.

Good HR that care about employee welfare.

Many challenging and unexpected problems will surface during working.
Pros
learn the latest technology there is available
Cons
company losing money
I have learn related to my job. Learn how to work under preasure.
I had good colleauges, Managers and supervisors. Working for Sample Supports has been such a positive experience! They are always fostering an environment for growth and development.
Pros
1 hour
Cons
Had break
We were assign to individual task and duties, we work as a team to achieve our goals.
We have to attend on department and cross department meeting to answer production yield and problem facing.
Pros
Attrative Allowance
Cons
long working hour
Poor management
No Bonus

Poor increments

No Promotions

Poor work life balance

No Over time claims

Ask to come on weekend and work from home

Poor staff benefits
Though as 2nd largest foundry, too far from the first position. Unable to catch up to the scale of economy and therefore the return.
Also some damage done from the earlier management take times to recover.
Pros
Lot of challenges to drive for continuous improvement
Cons
Old Culture by the company hard to change
The colleagues and boss are quite nice. The atmosphere is good.
Working at Globalfoundries help me learn the work culture in singapore, how to communicate or act in office and other alot of life lessons. This is a great place.
Productive workplace as activity is continuously moving everyday. I learned a lot from Part Management, Preventive Maintenance, and Line Supporting activities. The hardest part of the job is when too many machines were down and we need it to be up to production to meet our daily move target. The most enjoyable part of the job is when doing PM all together as one team.
Pros
Quarterly Bonus, quarterly team bonding allowance, Free shuttle up to nearest MRT.
Cons
Cafeteria too crowded
Friendly work place. Well management team with positive tough and problem solving skill ahead.Enciurage feedback at all level of people for improvement and award.