GoDaddy

GoDaddy Employee Reviews

Ok company to work for

Not a bad place to work. Was not for me. Had to work a nite shift. Just couldn’t get used to the schedule. All in all, not a bad place to work. There’s plenty of departments to get involved with.

Pros

Cons

Working at night.

All Sales, All Day

If you're good at sales, you will excel. If not, you will be fired within two months. First month is a warning, second is the final. The culture is extremely toxic.

Great work/life balance but with growing pains

Overall great work/life balance, but with the large overall growth and recent acquisitions there are some major growing pains with a lot of inside political issues.

Pros

Great benefits, and pay.

Cons

Hard to get stuff done.

Fun and supportive

Great company and I really enjoyed working with all the wonderful people. Everyday is a new opportunity to help good people with their brand and learn something interesting.

January 7, 2022
Thanks for the feedback and sharing your experience at GoDaddy. We always empower our teammates, current and former, to live passionately and provide honest feedback that will help us grow as a company. Wishing you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Not great benefits

Benefits not great doesn’t have much coverage and yeah just filling in space we need more benefits am that are of quality so yeah okay did I hit the limit yet

Pros

Lunch

Cons

No break

January 7, 2022
Thanks for the feedback and sharing your experience with us. We're sorry to hear that your experience is not going as expected. We are committed to hearing all employee feedback, and will continue improve the experience and benefits for all employees.

Good starting job for single person or someone need good benefits

Having been with godaddy for 5+ years I can honestly say I wouldn’t recommend to anyone I know personally to work here unless they needed a decent in between job. Everything is getting worse and worse / harder and harder from income, benefits, companies products, to work environment s.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Income dropping annually when performance increases annually.

Overall pretty satisfied

Stock hasn't done well with the new CEO, but overall there are a lot of good people here. My manager let's me take ownership of my projects and let's us learn new things as we need.

Frustrating place to work at times

Started out as a great place but changes have brought it downhill pretty fast. When you ask for something you want you get the exact opposite but they gaslight you into believing it's a "good thing". If you work for a company they acquired be prepared to be placed in the Care and Services catch-all org which means less pay, benefits, incentives and more.

Pros

Benefits, my team, wfh

Cons

Incorrect jobs labels designed so you can be paid less, fake positivity and empty promises

Very good company

I am very happy to work in such a company, all things were good during my onboard process, I feel comfortable and I enjoy to learn new things and to progress in this company.

Pros

General atmosphere, Recruitment process, Interesting tasks

Cons

The shift planning that maybe not suit to everyone.

January 7, 2022
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. At GoDaddy, we encourage all teammates to bring their true selves to work and encourage provide honest feedback that will help us grow as a company. We value and consider all feedback as having your feedback will help us continue to evaluate and improve the #GoDaddyLife, and help you propel your career.

Great place to work if you like tech it is a customer service role if you apply for sales they are the same thing and hours can be rough but overall a really great place to work but hours and the fact it’s customer service over the phone is the reason I left if you can deal with a customer service phone job they are a great place to be!

Pros

Great experience

Cons

Hours

Great company!

They really take care of their employees. Fun environment, very diverse culture and plenty of love! Supervisors go out of their way to make you feel valued and its just a great place to work!

Production associate

Pros - easy work-cool coworkers for the most part- free coffee (depends on location)- great benefits - money was good but I ended up spending quite a bit of it getting lunch or breakfast (the commute into downtown or riverside makes it difficult to have enough time to prepare meals and still have free time during the week before and after work)Cons- parking. Pretty much count on spending 15-30mins looking for parking/walking or riding bike from your car to work.- management cares mostly about their own advancement and their own positions over anything their team needs. - a lot of meaningless meetings that don’t actually make any progress - there was some moments where I felt I was getting indirect criticism and no real direction or leadership. So many times I just felt out of place and kind of gave up doing my very best (which I hate) because I felt like no one else actually cared. At least not enough to actually give me the tools necessary to excel. Almost like they want don’t ever want you to actually feel like you’re excelling. Some corporate offices do this to avoid letting you feel like advancement is in reach. The veterans on my team could run circles around the manager (sometimes I feel like he really doesn’t understand everything his team does, more focused on what he does which seems very separate from us. Kills the team feeling) - sedentary lifestyle kills your back and neck. - having to talk to customers on the phone Overall, this position will pay your bills and isn’t crazy stressful like working in a restaurant. The commute does take like an extra -

Work hard play hard

GoDaddy was a fun place to work. There are a lot of opportunities to move around in different departments, sales was the best. It can be stressful making quota but the financial rewards made it all worth it.

Pros

Work/life balance, coworkers, compensation

Cons

need to make quota, not always easy.

Used to be a fun place to work but with COVID we’re all still working from home.

Work is challenging yet rewarding. Upper management allows for you to have a great work-life balance. We used to have ping pong tables, tournaments, a slide, free soda and snacks and used to be a lot more fun to work there until COVID came. We’re not sure what it’s going to look like once we get back in to the office.

Pros

Work-life balance. Pay/RSU’s

Cons

Upper management needs to find sooner each to lead the company.

My advice? Don't bother

It starts with them luring you in with promises that they NEVER keep or materialise. The stress you are put under to perform is appalling. We have lost good hard working staff because of the stress of the job. If you don't make them enough money they make you suffer with stress and you can't switch off. TOXIC higher management. Some of the team supervisors are nice. A couple are absolutely vile.

Pros

Cons

All of it

Colleagues are great. Job can be emotionally draining.

Over the years the culture has become a little stale. If you work on the phones doing customer service then it can be very emotionally draining and is not for everyone. The career pathing and training for entry level jobs is not there. They offer good health insurance and plenty of vacation time.

Pros

Great health insurance

Cons

Little culture, job can become stale

Awful stay away

Genuinely one of the worst ran companies I have ever worked for. Management are all yes men. People work hard in this company to progress but often promote externally and producing more work for themselves. Management here haven't got a clue of process, the rules and regs or even the day to day job. I worked here for 3 years and never missed a target. If you sell too much they make it harder for you, if you still succeed you must be "dodgy" and they will have investigations taken out on you. They suspended myself for 5 months which is a joke over the Christmas period with a load of made up allegation which I disproved every single one. Returned to work after them making me look awful to my colleagues, creating mental health conditions resulting to stress and anxiety, but they didn't care. Went back to work after all of this after having twins, ultimately they come first and I needed to provide for them. Within 2 weeks I was about to be placed under investigation as I was being accused of being "dodgy" again. This company is a joke. Don't have a clue on training, compassion or honestly. I Genuinely would stay well away.

Pros

Commission payout good but only if you are good at your job, fair =not at all

Cons

Management havent got a clue, salary shocking, bullying environment, favourites get promoted, inappropriate conversation between management and team, performance plans for silly reasons

Dumb pay for grueling work

You never have to worry about pay from godaddy because they are going to run you into the ground and compensate you while doing it. interanl sales was a nightmare, having to fix godaddy's broken products while upselling someone to renew the product thats already giving them a headache is awful. godaddy has the money to just make an inbound support team without the sales aspect. theyre just too cheap to do so.

Pros

money

Cons

awful quality of life

Company was bought by GoDaddy, went immediately downhill

The work is monotonous and unrewarding. Compensation is well below industry standard. Zero career mobility unless you consider a bump from 40K to 45K to be life-changing (barely covers Austin's current COL – hope you have a roommate!). CEO was extremely duplicitous before the 2020 layoffs, saying everyone's job was secure. Laughable.

Depends on when you start

If you’ve been with the company for a while you see how the benefits keep getting cut but by bit. If you’re new to the company you’ll like the benefits. But just beware that they keep cutting them year over year. Got make the stock holders happy right? I’ll say this though, you get what you put into it. Work hard, sell hard and you’ll be compensated very well. Complain about how the job is hard and unfair, you won’t make much.

It Was Fun While In The Office

After a decade of freelancing in the same things GoDaddy offered, I decided to join them and get out of the house. Then Covid hit. If it wasn't for being sent home, I would probably still be there.

Pros

Cafeteria, Pay, Atmosphere

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GoDaddy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• GoDaddy
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?