Golden Village

Golden Village Employee Reviews

Singapore24 reviews

Productive and fun place to work

Good company to kick start ur working experience. Skills one would get from this job are cashiering, communication, collaboration… Colleagues are kind and caring, offer help when first started out upon seeing one struggle.

Pros

Friendly Collegues

Cons

Long hours of standing

How is it to work there.

it is very nice to work in the company you will learn a lot of things. from food handling to projection maintenance,. the people work properly and can be your friend or even became your another family i enjoy working with them but sadly i have to leave,..

Working in Golden Village Vivocity

Its fun environment, you will meet a lot of different kind and types of people, either staff, management and customers. Great experience specially working with different races and different personalities.

The people there are friendly, work at a bigger Golden Village is more fun!

Friendly managers, Make new friends, you can have fun but you have to be serious at work tooo! you will learn so much at Golden Village. Build your confidence in Customer Service tooo.

Great work place initially

Declining trend to an extremely unhealthy working environment. Very departmentalized and prejudiced. Unfortunate turn as initially it was a great company to work and grow.

Relaxed Environment

You are expected to be responsible and do your job well, you do not have many restrictions and the work timing is flexible. The rest timing is also quite long.

Fun Workplace

When you have the best colleagues to work with, the place where you work is fun and exciting. They will help you when you are in need and we all depend on each other based on the problems we have.

Early Work

This was an early job i had when young and it was a good way for me to get the basics of work without pushing me to hard into business. It was hard enough that you can find ways to improve but not so hard that you would be unable to handle it as a job.

Pros

Free popcorn at the end of the day

Fun Workplace

Fun workplace, friendly co-workers who are fun to work with. flexible working hours, good environment to work in. learned soft skills which can contribute well to anywhere we go.

Productive and progressive company

It was a great 10 years working in Golden Village. If not for the change of management style and other personal factors, i might be still be with the company.

Pros

free movies and popcorn

Cons

shift work

Career growth development

You will be working 6 days in a week as a full time staff. With 30 minutes break. It was fun working in Golden Village, with the Management provides your needs especially when it comes to your salary or benefits. Easily to get vacation leave, however you need to make sure that it does not interfere the operation.

Pros

Free movies

Cons

No meal allowance

a nice place to work

Been working there for almost 3 years plus and its been a good workplace to work at , with understanding managers and workmates to work with I have learned how to handle inpatient customers To handle the crowd. Booking events. Working long hours and even on public holidays

Cons

depends. mostly long hours

Fun workplace

I had fun working there. The colleagues were great and the work there was exciting and challenging. But one of the manager over there was yaya but i heard that the manager wasn't working there anymore.

Fun Work Place

I get to watch movies first. Dealing with different kind of customer day to day. Difficult part is to stop a family from going in as one of the family member is under age for the rated movie.

Pros

Free movies

fun work place

sell movie tickets and foods & beverages,make sure the hall are ready before people go in. i learn many different things in the F&B sector. the management is excellent and the work place is a good environment to work in with friendly colleagues. hard part is when there dealing with impatience customs and the enjoyable part is talking and laughing with friendly customs and colleagues.

Awesome people, Passionate about movies

In the corporate headquarters, people are friendly and close. Hierarchy is respected but not felt. Managers and junior staff speak to each other as equals. Everyone is very passionate about the entertainment industry as a whole, especially so about movies.

Pros

Free movie tickets

Fun place to work

Very flexible workplace. Managers are very understanding. Fun people to work with. High and good salary on weekends. Job is simple and fun to do. Interactive place to work

Pros

High salary on weekends

Productive and fun workplace

Very fun workplace. As a teenager during that time , its really good for our growth. Exposure and learning new skills. Also teach us to be discipline and responsible

happy and family-oriented workplace

We treat our day at work a fun and happy day as we learned on how to deal to those different race on what they need. on our management they handle staff and customer as good as possible, they are helpful especially when we are in busy period. My co-worker are my good friends as well. We laugh together we work together, we consider a family. In the other side the hardest part of our job are during busy period, full house cinema, group bookings at the same time, events of directors as well, though its hard at the end of the day we still felt that we are lucky that they've choose our company to be the part of their special event. Enjoyable part of our work is the break-time(just kidding), for me the thing that I most enjoyed on working in our company is to face those different aspects of people with their different needs, believes and attitude. On my everyday work, i just make myself enjoy and think that my customer is not only to serve them but to be friends with them and make their visits on us to be enjoyed and memorable.

every day is carry this carry that

most enjoyable part is maybe you can see movie stars , not just any movie stars .bad thing is you being scolded fro no good reason , even you got good compliments.

Pros

movie passes every month

Cons

working with all sort of life

Conducive workplace

The job is rather routined and desk-bound. Despite that, it did challenge my capabilties and it was overall an exciting and enriching experience. The workplace is a conducive and comfortable environment. Colleagues are supportive and fun to work with. However, management needs to improve in terms of staff welfare. Nonetheless, as with all other jobs, there are bound to be pros and cons.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Golden Village. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Golden Village with