Goldman Sachs

Goldman Sachs Employee Reviews

Goldman hires the smartest people and that is very obvious in daily interactions if you come from another bank or move to another job. Support functions are the best I have seen and they know what they are doing/talking about as opposed to some other places. IT systems are best in class. One of the best culture I have come across with people/managers genuinely trying to help develop you. The worst thing you can say in Goldman is that the person/behavior was "Un-Goldman like." Communication skills of the employees are a cut above the rest.
Great place to work and learn. You get to work with the smartest people across the globe and are thrown will new challenges. The problems that I did work on were very thought-provoking and I learned a lot
Timezone difference make it hard to communicate with New York but it was a good experience to be based in Singapore and to build out the operational presence
Good brand name. It broadly opens your career opportunities. You feel privilege working in GS at the beginning, but gradually realized Technology is still back-office. Support / On-call work is heavy. You have to be comfortable to use internal tools instead of open-source and trending frameworks. Managers are very supportive. The team recognizes people who go extra miles. It's interesting that some people will leave within just one or two years and some Executives / MDs may have been staying for 10+ years.
People tend to think the company as hard working and tough and it is true. However the culture inside the company is well-balanced and give you opportunity as long as you ask for it.
To start here in your career is great as it builds a lot of soft skills as well as you meet and learn from bright people. Its competitive and can be long hours but you learn a lot and you work with some of the most driven and smartest people.
It's an ideal place for junior level roles, but it will require way more energy and efforts if you really want to climb the corporate ranks.
Company has a strong teamwork culture. Management expectations are high and its an environment that recognises people who take the initiative to lead change.
- Fun to work with high-caliber professionals - Relatively poor work/life balance - Rampant office politics - Low retention rate - Flat organisational structure; easy to approach senior-level executives
It's very productive with diversity culture enviroment. Besides, we also have community team work, mentor program, women's network, disability forum and LGBT community etc.
Pros
mentor program
Cons
short breaks
Great company to work and you feel very privilage working in one of the best Financial Bank in the U.S. Managers are very understanding with my work-life balance that I can set-up a time that I can report for work to accomodate my child's schedule in school. Promotion was very quick that I became an Analyst to Associate within 3 years. You will be given very challenging role and projects!
Pros
Challenging, growth opportunity, interesting work
Cons
Low pay
Great company, especially for those entering the workplace. Lots of opportunity interesting work. Some peolple find it repetitious. I find it to be lots of puzzles that need solving.
Pros
Challenging, growth opportunity, interesting work
Cons
Late and early calls. Difficult to make personal plans Mon-Fri
everyone is keen to learn and grow. More importantly, every one is keen to help others to grow. Mangers are open-minded and willing to offer opportunity for internal mobility within the team/region/global regions.
Cons
I was hired from campus as a operations analyst in treasury and accounting services department, managed firm cash and balance sheet accounts to make sure the daily in/out flow of cash was accurately booked and discrepancies are cleared.