Google
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Google Employee Reviews

It's always a dream to work in Google, The best place in the world to work. No foolish rules and regulations, free food, cafe, games, free fitness, full enjoying.It's been really a good environment to work
Google is a fun workplace with lots of benefits. Work is tough but we work hard and play hard at the same time. I miss the Google culture and the people there.
Pros
Free meals and excellent health and welfare benefits
Technically strong people. Google was client and i wasn't directly working for google. We had portal application that was supporting insurance portal of google
As someone very new to the role and market, fellow team members were always on had to assist me in getting orientated, trained, calibrated, and generally feeling settled at the company.
Collaborative working environment, fast paced, lots of social activities, lots of working flexibility, very open culture and a great place to be if you want to learn and continue to be challenged at work.
harassment taken lightly. No other avenues to reach out. bosses were not fair. management team had their own agenda. no career advancement unless creme of the crop. threatened over job security
Great place to work, great benefits, great team environment. It has a fantastic culture internally and product to match. Growth opportunities used to be plentiful, but times have changed as the company has grown. It's harder to find upward mobility. The culture is collaborative and the global reach provides an interesting opportunity to connect with employees across departments and markets.
Interesting experience that really helped me develop as a person and increase my work experience as well. I was warmly welcomed and the people there were really friendly.
Great futuristic company. Fun environment. Young bright minds to work with. Open culture and focused on productivity. Life is good and one can learn from all angles, all tiers.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Google?
As a contractor, you are not expected of much performance at the same time can't excel much for career advancement. Contract agents will get you in with a lower pay in the brand name of Google. Just need to be tactful on that.
Pros
Free food, flexible working (WFH)
Cons
Contractors' separation from Googlers. Could be bullied at times
Working for Google is probably the best working experience of my life and i've worked for some of the top American advertising agencies. The corporate culture is super diverse and mature.
Pros
Free Food, not chained to your desk, no micro management
No restriction on your working environment/style, you can freely move around the office. Love working with them. Everyday has to overcome new challenges, which never make working life boring.
Fun, but not the best place to advance if you're not an engineer. The benefits, especially health ones are top notch. Since it is a massive company, you should manage your expectations on how much impact can you make in your first couple of years.
While it's great to have access to a Google office and work alongside Googlers, it can be painful to be reminded that you're a 'lesser' employee when office announcements often contain 'for FTES* only'. However, Google is a big company; each team can be very different with each other so one's experience can depend on one's team. After a restructuring, my team's new management is horrible to us, temps. Due to large volumes of turnover, our most senior manager finally met us personally with apologies and promises to fix things. Lo and behold, we all were served with a layoff notice via email a few weeks ago because the management has turned the team's model into that of vendors so all the temps will be out by the end of the year. We weren't warned before this and when people voiced out their anxiety with the aforementioned manager, she was taken aback and surprised with our reaction as she thought the news wasn't a big deal and >6 months of notice is more than sufficient. Such is the lack of empathy and connection between temps and the highest management of my team. Fyi, all the improvement measures would be thrown out the window with this change as well. *Full time employees.
Pros
Free lunch, you get to work at Google and with Googlers
Cons
You will be treated differently
A typical day at work is always productive yet not exhausting. People are very friendly. I've learned a lot during my short stint here. The management are always looking to push Google further.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Culture focused
I worked from home on my computer, uploading videos to be monetized on YouTube and generate a revenue per click on every ad. The RPM needs to stay on a higher rate in order to increase the revenue. Sharing videos on social media increases the audience which allows people to click on the ads shown on videos.
Pros
Free time management
Cons
Low salary
*i learned how to create a indipendant strong in mailroom office as a officer under the pressure. * i do beyone the call of duty by seeking out and following up on additional responsibilities and contribute frequently to department meetings. * is not any harders part on work all are easy to understand and i like the management team about the management system * workpalce enviroment are very productive
Pros
free lunch
Good work/life balance with reasonable pay. Good Diversity in the company and management and fair treatment. Maintain good customer service, follow up systematically
Best work Culture. Transparency in management. Inspiring and innovative environment. No stress at work. The hard work and achievements are always appreciated and reconised
Pros
Best work Culture
Cons
Big Org
Google is a great place to work and learn, interesting and challending things to do here. Good environment and nice people, amazing culture of helping each other.
Around the clock checks on the website being managed. Managing ad placements, new ads, website management, customer service, and helping daily website visitors.