Google

Google Employee Reviews

Singapore26 reviews

Found 26 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,139 reviews

productive work place

not what you would expect but great. High traffic with lots of opportunities. Great management system to ensure all task had been dealt with. Luxury on your creativity work style.

Productive and fun workplace

It was a fun and interesting experience. Lots of handson and i truly learn a lot. It was an invaluable experience working with my team and i have grown

Productive and enjoyable workplace.

Productive and enjoyable workplace. Thoroughly felt that my work was enjoyable and managed to learn a lot during my time there. Would highly recommend.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

High expectations

Good exp

good experience, collaborative in nature, get to enjoy free food and the barista, fun colleagues abd bosses, can be stressful and things can get out of scope

Best company I've worked for

It's a great company to work for - benefits are unbeatable, and great collaborative culture. I miss it!As the company grows, job specialisation becomes too narrow, and career progression is stunted.

Pros

Benefits, Culture

Cons

Slow career progression as the company grows

Productive and Fun work place

It's always a dream to work in Google, The best place in the world to work. No foolish rules and regulations, free food, cafe, games, free fitness, full enjoying.It's been really a good environment to work

Fun workplace

Google is a fun workplace with lots of benefits. Work is tough but we work hard and play hard at the same time. I miss the Google culture and the people there.

Pros

Free meals and excellent health and welfare benefits

Nice client

Technically strong people. Google was client and i wasn't directly working for google. We had portal application that was supporting insurance portal of google

Very supportive environment

As someone very new to the role and market, fellow team members were always on had to assist me in getting orientated, trained, calibrated, and generally feeling settled at the company.

Collaborative and exciting workplace

Collaborative working environment, fast paced, lots of social activities, lots of working flexibility, very open culture and a great place to be if you want to learn and continue to be challenged at work.

Whistle blowers not welcomed

harassment taken lightly. No other avenues to reach out. bosses were not fair. management team had their own agenda. no career advancement unless creme of the crop. threatened over job security

Great Workplace Atmosphere

Great place to work, great benefits, great team environment. It has a fantastic culture internally and product to match. Growth opportunities used to be plentiful, but times have changed as the company has grown. It's harder to find upward mobility. The culture is collaborative and the global reach provides an interesting opportunity to connect with employees across departments and markets.

Productive and fun

Interesting experience that really helped me develop as a person and increase my work experience as well. I was warmly welcomed and the people there were really friendly.

Good

Great futuristic company. Fun environment. Young bright minds to work with. Open culture and focused on productivity. Life is good and one can learn from all angles, all tiers.

As a contractor, you are not expected of much performance at the same time can't excel much for career advancement. Contract agents will get you in with a lower pay in the brand name of Google. Just need to be tactful on that.

Pros

Free food, flexible working (WFH)

Cons

Contractors' separation from Googlers. Could be bullied at times

As brilliant as it looks in the movies

Working for Google is probably the best working experience of my life and i've worked for some of the top American advertising agencies. The corporate culture is super diverse and mature.

Pros

Free Food, not chained to your desk, no micro management

Productive And Interesting Working Environment

No restriction on your working environment/style, you can freely move around the office. Love working with them. Everyday has to overcome new challenges, which never make working life boring.

Fun, but not the best place to advance if you're not an engineer

Fun, but not the best place to advance if you're not an engineer. The benefits, especially health ones are top notch. Since it is a massive company, you should manage your expectations on how much impact can you make in your first couple of years.

It can be tough to be a temp staff

While it's great to have access to a Google office and work alongside Googlers, it can be painful to be reminded that you're a 'lesser' employee when office announcements often contain 'for FTES* only'. However, Google is a big company; each team can be very different with each other so one's experience can depend on one's team. After a restructuring, my team's new management is horrible to us, temps. Due to large volumes of turnover, our most senior manager finally met us personally with apologies and promises to fix things. Lo and behold, we all were served with a layoff notice via email a few weeks ago because the management has turned the team's model into that of vendors so all the temps will be out by the end of the year. We weren't warned before this and when people voiced out their anxiety with the aforementioned manager, she was taken aback and surprised with our reaction as she thought the news wasn't a big deal and >6 months of notice is more than sufficient. Such is the lack of empathy and connection between temps and the highest management of my team. Fyi, all the improvement measures would be thrown out the window with this change as well. *Full time employees.

Pros

Free lunch, you get to work at Google and with Googlers

Cons

You will be treated differently

Productive and fun workplace

A typical day at work is always productive yet not exhausting. People are very friendly. I've learned a lot during my short stint here. The management are always looking to push Google further.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Culture focused

Advertiser

I worked from home on my computer, uploading videos to be monetized on YouTube and generate a revenue per click on every ad. The RPM needs to stay on a higher rate in order to increase the revenue. Sharing videos on social media increases the audience which allows people to click on the ads shown on videos.

Pros

Free time management

Cons

Low salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Google. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Google Reviews by Location