Great Eastern Singapore

Great Eastern Singapore Employee Reviews

Singapore15 reviews
Productive and Fun
Quite a wonderful place to work at. Great environment, friendly people and stable career. Pay could be better, and more diversity in cultural integration would be appreciated
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Happy working great eastern life
I learn many knowledge from my superior. My superior very patient give me training when I am still new staff in great eastern. Company always give staff family day. Work balance.
Productive Engaging and Fun workplace.
The position I was assign to is the assistant for the director of the agency. Work there was tough and challenging in the beginning but it was so much fun as the company believes highly in giving back to the community as well as celebrating each other's religious holidays. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. The toughest part of the job is trying to explain the customer's policy to them or the reasons for claim rejection. Having patience is a must in this line of work.
Great opportunity was given
Independence at work is promoted and exposure to different areas of the job is given. The was great emotional support and one-on-one training was also offered throughout the entire time in the company.
Productive and fun work place
This organization allows me to learn more about the financial sector a little better and it allows room for learning. It exposes me to different job-scopes of the customer service line in a financial sector setting.
Pros
Friendly colleagues
Fun Environment, low learning curve.
As it was an internship with AAG, it was a fun learning environment with my other peers, there were many things we learned that could be used in our daily lives. However, the learning curve was not very effective as they do not teach in 'syllables' i.e. they jumped around certain topics and kept sharing about their successes in life to motivate us, however it wasn't very motivating.
Pros
Many friends to learn with and from. Overseas trips
Cons
Sharing of their success in life almost everyday.
I love working there
I enjoyed the people I worked with. It was a friendly atmosphere and I actually enjoyed going into work each morning. Throughout my tenure there, I got a chance to work with different teams on different business initiatives. I learned a lot from management & supervisors on different management styles.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Discipline
Working at Great Eastern have taught me great discipline. As considered to be your on boss, own target, we work according to the time we choose. I usually start early so as to be prepared for my appointments. I would travel around just so it is convenient for my clients to meet me. Sometimes it stretches till late night and can be very tiring.
Pros
Own time
Cons
Alot of travelling, prospecting
Experience as a temp worker.
My review will not be the most accurate one as i was only a temp(orary) worker. I worked there briefly after A levels. Work was manageable as a temp worker and it was all generally a pleasant experience.
Conducive working environment despite mundane job scope
Our job scope mainly is to provide administrative support (extracting info from company's software system etc) daily. Despite the job being mundane, the people there are very friendly, welcoming and helpful! They invited us for some company lunch even though we only started working 2-3 days. Our manager was always there for us should we have any questions or face any problems with the system. Advise was always given to us on and off to further understand how the company's software system work.

Experienced the importance of teamwork. As the company's audit database is huge, we divided the workload among ourselves and also cross checked each others' work, this was probably the toughest/most boring part of the job. The job might be boring but the learning process and the teamwork involved was rather enjoyable! Going through that huge database and pushing each other forward!
It's fun to work
It's a good exposure to work at that kind of environment. Working at sales job is not an easy job. You must have strong determination if not you will fail
Good people development practices
I learned to manage project teams in the whole project management cycle and handle mission-critical problems and recovery. Planning is key. The workplace culture is competitive but opportunities are there for promotions and recognition of work, The hardest part of the job is to be on call 24/7 but the most enjoyable part of the job is getting things done right and seeing the systems running smoothly after projects are implemented on time and cost-savings achieved.
Pros
Great team work
Fast paced environment
The job scope is very routined that stretches out for the whole day which makes it manageable and easy to catch on in terms of understanding.

The management was alright, my co-workers were friendly however I was required to physically carry a heavy load of documents back and forth daily which I was not informed of.

The most enjoyable part of the job would be the work environment while the least would be the high frequency of overtime.
Pros
It's really accessible.
Cons
High frequency OT
Productive and fun workplace
The job gave me an opportunity to work with underwriters to get timely quotations for business in general insurance with tight schedules.
Management proven supportive and helpful to aid in initiatives.

Excellent colleagues and mentors to help troubleshoot on any obstacles faced daily.

Hardest Part of the job is when faced with claims of death, illness or injury to clients which strengthens the resolve to settle claims and staying strong to give counsel to client's families.

Under minimal supervision and the freedom to explore creative innovative ways to generate sales is the most enjoyable experience I have had here.
Pros
Flexibility on time
Cons
Long Hours
Fun, Family Oriented, own pace
Everyday is data entry with ad hoc duties once in a blue moon.
There is no pressure on the time of completion but I set a target to be achieve everyday

Work independently with minimal interaction with co-workers but I keep communication with colleagues
Pros
own pace
Cons
repetitive work