Great Eastern Singapore

Great Eastern Singapore Job Security & Advancement reviews

As an FA you're on your own time. Not much to comment on. Just that you get what you work for and depends on the agency that you join as well. Work hard and reap the rewards.
Quite a wonderful place to work at. Great environment, friendly people and stable career. Pay could be better, and more diversity in cultural integration would be appreciated
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
I learn many knowledge from my superior. My superior very patient give me training when I am still new staff in great eastern. Company always give staff family day. Work balance.
The position I was assign to is the assistant for the director of the agency. Work there was tough and challenging in the beginning but it was so much fun as the company believes highly in giving back to the community as well as celebrating each other's religious holidays. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. The toughest part of the job is trying to explain the customer's policy to them or the reasons for claim rejection. Having patience is a must in this line of work.
Independence at work is promoted and exposure to different areas of the job is given. The was great emotional support and one-on-one training was also offered throughout the entire time in the company.
This organization allows me to learn more about the financial sector a little better and it allows room for learning. It exposes me to different job-scopes of the customer service line in a financial sector setting.
Pros
Friendly colleagues
As it was an internship with AAG, it was a fun learning environment with my other peers, there were many things we learned that could be used in our daily lives. However, the learning curve was not very effective as they do not teach in 'syllables' i.e. they jumped around certain topics and kept sharing about their successes in life to motivate us, however it wasn't very motivating.
Pros
Many friends to learn with and from. Overseas trips
Cons
Sharing of their success in life almost everyday.
I enjoyed the people I worked with. It was a friendly atmosphere and I actually enjoyed going into work each morning. Throughout my tenure there, I got a chance to work with different teams on different business initiatives. I learned a lot from management & supervisors on different management styles.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
My review will not be the most accurate one as i was only a temp(orary) worker. I worked there briefly after A levels. Work was manageable as a temp worker and it was all generally a pleasant experience.
I learned to manage project teams in the whole project management cycle and handle mission-critical problems and recovery. Planning is key. The workplace culture is competitive but opportunities are there for promotions and recognition of work, The hardest part of the job is to be on call 24/7 but the most enjoyable part of the job is getting things done right and seeing the systems running smoothly after projects are implemented on time and cost-savings achieved.
Pros
Great team work