Great Eastern Singapore

Singapore20 reviews

Clear
3.7Job Security & Advancement

Fun work place

Did it as a part time surveyor for one of the running campaign. The experience was good and my supervisor was really helpful and encouraging through the process. Eventually I was able to expand the job to cold calling which was a breakthrough for me.

Fa

As an FA you're on your own time. Not much to comment on. Just that you get what you work for and depends on the agency that you join as well. Work hard and reap the rewards.

Productive and Fun

Quite a wonderful place to work at. Great environment, friendly people and stable career. Pay could be better, and more diversity in cultural integration would be appreciated

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Happy working great eastern life

I learn many knowledge from my superior. My superior very patient give me training when I am still new staff in great eastern. Company always give staff family day. Work balance.

Productive Engaging and Fun workplace.

The position I was assign to is the assistant for the director of the agency. Work there was tough and challenging in the beginning but it was so much fun as the company believes highly in giving back to the community as well as celebrating each other's religious holidays. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. The toughest part of the job is trying to explain the customer's policy to them or the reasons for claim rejection. Having patience is a must in this line of work.

Great opportunity was given

Independence at work is promoted and exposure to different areas of the job is given. The was great emotional support and one-on-one training was also offered throughout the entire time in the company.

Productive and fun work place

This organization allows me to learn more about the financial sector a little better and it allows room for learning. It exposes me to different job-scopes of the customer service line in a financial sector setting.

Pros

Friendly colleagues

Fun Environment, low learning curve.

As it was an internship with AAG, it was a fun learning environment with my other peers, there were many things we learned that could be used in our daily lives. However, the learning curve was not very effective as they do not teach in 'syllables' i.e. they jumped around certain topics and kept sharing about their successes in life to motivate us, however it wasn't very motivating.

Pros

Many friends to learn with and from. Overseas trips

Cons

Sharing of their success in life almost everyday.

Experience as a temp worker.

My review will not be the most accurate one as i was only a temp(orary) worker. I worked there briefly after A levels. Work was manageable as a temp worker and it was all generally a pleasant experience.

Good people development practices

I learned to manage project teams in the whole project management cycle and handle mission-critical problems and recovery. Planning is key. The workplace culture is competitive but opportunities are there for promotions and recognition of work, The hardest part of the job is to be on call 24/7 but the most enjoyable part of the job is getting things done right and seeing the systems running smoothly after projects are implemented on time and cost-savings achieved.

Pros

Great team work

Cons

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Great Eastern Singapore?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Great Eastern Singapore. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Great Eastern Singapore Reviews by Location

• Great Eastern Singapore
  • Job Security & Advancement
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?