Great Eastern Singapore logo

Great Eastern Singapore Management reviews

Clear
Work-Life Balance

I love working there

I enjoyed the people I worked with. It was a friendly atmosphere and I actually enjoyed going into work each morning. Throughout my tenure there, I got a chance to work with different teams on different business initiatives. I learned a lot from management & supervisors on different management styles.

Pros

Na

Cons

Na

Good people development practices

I learned to manage project teams in the whole project management cycle and handle mission-critical problems and recovery. Planning is key. The workplace culture is competitive but opportunities are there for promotions and recognition of work, The hardest part of the job is to be on call 24/7 but the most enjoyable part of the job is getting things done right and seeing the systems running smoothly after projects are implemented on time and cost-savings achieved.

Pros

Great team work

Fast paced environment

The job scope is very routined that stretches out for the whole day which makes it manageable and easy to catch on in terms of understanding. The management was alright, my co-workers were friendly however I was required to physically carry a heavy load of documents back and forth daily which I was not informed of. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the work environment while the least would be the high frequency of overtime.

Pros

It's really accessible.

Cons

High frequency OT

Productive and fun workplace

The job gave me an opportunity to work with underwriters to get timely quotations for business in general insurance with tight schedules. Management proven supportive and helpful to aid in initiatives. Excellent colleagues and mentors to help troubleshoot on any obstacles faced daily. Hardest Part of the job is when faced with claims of death, illness or injury to clients which strengthens the resolve to settle claims and staying strong to give counsel to client's families. Under minimal supervision and the freedom to explore creative innovative ways to generate sales is the most enjoyable experience I have had here.

Pros

Flexibility on time

Cons

Long Hours

Jobs at Great Eastern Singapore