Great Eastern Singapore

Great Eastern Singapore Work-Life Balance reviews

Singapore20 reviews

Clear
3.9Salary & Benefits

Full of nice colleagues, stressful work

Many Chinese-speaking people work here, and many colleagues have been here for more than 5 -10 years. Getting management approval for your work is stressful, other than that, the rest are fine.

Pros

Nice office

Cons

Could work long hours sometimes

Fa

As an FA you're on your own time. Not much to comment on. Just that you get what you work for and depends on the agency that you join as well. Work hard and reap the rewards.

Friendly environment,good staff,helpful bosses

Great Eastern has a very quiet and suitable environment to work in. Their staffs are very friendly and helpful,bosses are also very friendly,helpful and gives a lot of encouragement to newbie and employees.they can listen toyour problems regarding your work and can give suggestions to solve your work problems. They never ask for your quote and can let you perform to your work gradually and always gives encouragement to motivate your effort.

Pros

free coaching, and free materials to learn

Cons

long hours of coaching, unlimited practice to work for you to master

Productive and Fun

Quite a wonderful place to work at. Great environment, friendly people and stable career. Pay could be better, and more diversity in cultural integration would be appreciated

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Happy working great eastern life

I learn many knowledge from my superior. My superior very patient give me training when I am still new staff in great eastern. Company always give staff family day. Work balance.

Great opportunity was given

Independence at work is promoted and exposure to different areas of the job is given. The was great emotional support and one-on-one training was also offered throughout the entire time in the company.

Discipline

Working at Great Eastern have taught me great discipline. As considered to be your on boss, own target, we work according to the time we choose. I usually start early so as to be prepared for my appointments. I would travel around just so it is convenient for my clients to meet me. Sometimes it stretches till late night and can be very tiring.

Pros

Own time

Cons

Alot of travelling, prospecting

It's fun to work

It's a good exposure to work at that kind of environment. Working at sales job is not an easy job. You must have strong determination if not you will fail

Good people development practices

I learned to manage project teams in the whole project management cycle and handle mission-critical problems and recovery. Planning is key. The workplace culture is competitive but opportunities are there for promotions and recognition of work, The hardest part of the job is to be on call 24/7 but the most enjoyable part of the job is getting things done right and seeing the systems running smoothly after projects are implemented on time and cost-savings achieved.

Pros

Great team work

Productive and fun workplace

The job gave me an opportunity to work with underwriters to get timely quotations for business in general insurance with tight schedules. Management proven supportive and helpful to aid in initiatives. Excellent colleagues and mentors to help troubleshoot on any obstacles faced daily. Hardest Part of the job is when faced with claims of death, illness or injury to clients which strengthens the resolve to settle claims and staying strong to give counsel to client's families. Under minimal supervision and the freedom to explore creative innovative ways to generate sales is the most enjoyable experience I have had here.

Pros

Flexibility on time

Cons

Long Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Great Eastern Singapore. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Great Eastern Singapore Reviews by Location