Greystar

Greystar Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,409 reviews

An Experience that will never be forgotten.

Ive closely worked with a lot of PM companies and Greystar rewards there stock handsomely. Amongst individuals that you may not agree to be associated with. The pay out weighs most of the daily issues you may encounter. Growth is determined by length, performance, and stature. Learn your role, notate everything, and stick to the chain of command. Follow these rules and you will sore way above the haters. Stay focus on solely the work, as well as the team, smile and keep it moving.

Pros

Money

Cons

Micromanaging

Great place to work - Regular time is 9am to 5pmManager is helpful. There is a great wok-life balance. The company makes you feel you are part of them.

You're not just an employee You are family

I've had the privilege to work at greystar property Management for 8 years I've worked in New England Pennsylvania salt lake City Utah and back in New England best company and property Management to work for.

Lease up and get out

Greystar (in the SWFL region) was very toxic and unprofessional. The lack of communication from the regional manager trickled down into the property managers and made for an unpleasant experience for the residents. The commission for lease-up was great but once it is full, the commission disappears.

Great benefits and support, a bit behind on company culture

I feel great and supported at work, knowing that I have plenty of range in what I could do and where I could go. The benefits are great.It is property management so I understand this being a little difficult, but I wish the dress code was more relaxed, and there was more opportunity for hybrid work places.

Pros

Management support, benefits, ability to move forward or move around

Cons

A bit behind in company culture, mostly on-site work

working for greystar at LAGO APARTMENTS has been one of the best experiences I have had, especially working for jami longo

Personally, I would definitely recommend greystar as one of the best companies to work for in the maintenance environment.

Great company!

Greystar really cares about their employees. I am proud to work for such a fantastic company! There are good benefits with health, dental, visio. You also get plenty of vacation, sick leave, and PTO when needed.

Most people are fun to work with

Don't expect great wages. You will work your butt off with no recognition. Often left short handed, stretched thin. The work is plentiful, vendors are cool.

One of the better property management companies to work for

Greystar is a massive company and sometimes you do feel like just a number, but overall it's a pretty good company to work for. There are tons of resources available to you, hopefully you have a good regional manager. As with every job, middle management can make or break your experience. the company culture may be a little odd sometimes, but overall I had a pleasant experience while I was there.

grundskeeper job

I don't recommend anyone to work here.All children NO adults running this place.The groundskeeper position you are required to work all day in heat advisory conditions, no exceptions!They promise bonuses but you never get them.Low pay for the work they want you to do.

Pros

free lunches one month

Cons

low pay, only and you only work four days a week.

No training

No direction or training, don’t be fooled they will not give you what you are promised on your offer letter… this company is too big for its own good! They are a clumsy giant. Property management staff is super unprofessional and have no clue when it comes to customer service. Stay away if you are an employee or a resident. They will rip you off either way. I have been in property management industry for over 19 years and by far this is the worse company I have ever worked for. I hope that ownership of fee managed properties realize that this clumsy Giant is only going to ruin their property.

Pros

Na

Cons

They lie thru their teeth

Good big company

I really enjoyed my time with Greystar . It’s a big company but you get to learn a lot. Room for growth and development. Management always ready to help.

Good company overall with a little room for improvement

Good company overall, constant turnover makes it hard to feel a sense of community. Most supervisors are supportive. Compensation and benefits are good and always improving.

Forgotten about

Greystar is a good company depending on your manager and regional manger. There are so many employees that work for Greystar that managers and regional managers can become overwhelmed very easily and you can be looked over by upper management. People are also judgmental depending on what property you work at. My biggest complaint about Greystar would be that if your property gets sold, they don't give any severance or assistance with transferring to a new property within GS. I was fired with 2 month notice and no severance because they sold the property I worked at.

Pros

Benefits are good

Cons

Judgemental hiring managers, bad pay, fire you without notice.

People stay for the benefits, nothing more

Horrible local management, but you put up with it, for the benefits and hopes of someone quitting, or you getting transferred. Everyone bad mouths everyone else, no support from managers or higher ups

Benefits

Cons

Everything else

Good pay and decent culture

I've definitely had worse positions. The pay is very good for the work you do. The work life balance is very bad though. Also the customer service demand can get a little taxing. Overall a pretty good place to work but you have to be cut out for it.

Terrible Work Atmosphere

Terrible work atmosphere. Unfair work practice, the people in management have zero sense of how to control the work atmosphere around them. Management allow harassment in there presence, just overall a socially bias atmosphere that isn't healthy for the average person.

Great Benefits- Lacking in support and work life balance

Enjoyed my time there, but the work life balance shifted as time went on. Working on the weekends was becoming common occurrence and there was a lack of support.

A lot of work with zero support from upper management

Terrible interactions with senior leadership and HR. Stand behind their more senior employees instead of listening to the experiences of newer folks. So many properties that they advance people who are not qualified to be in manager roles which spoils the experience for people who would actually be good at this job.

So so

I’ve heard that other communities are way better but in my office it’s extremely stressful. Not enough staff for the workload. Since I’ve started we haven’t been fully staffed for more than a month. Turnover is pretty high. Pay isn’t that great. Benefits are pretty good.

Corporate is the problem.

I'm not a fan of working where I do. My small office team is fairly consistent, save a team member who makes things harder. Maintenance can be sloppy and weirdly harass-y. Greystar is hiking pricing, slashing bonuses, and for what? I get to deal with angry residents and nothing but pressure for arbitrary surveys. Weird company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Greystar. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Greystar