GS Engineering & Construction

GS Engineering & Construction Employee Reviews

Singapore22 reviews
Korean Company is not easy to work with especially Korean Superiors. No benefits given super long working hour. Unbalance work life. Different treatment for Korean n other ration worker. Unreasonable requestment from non Korean staff.
in GS you will have a work/life balance. its a fast-paced construction which you can take it as your training ground. You can work with the bosses that willing to teach you and boost your ability to do more.
My boss was such a great guy with big heart.
He always encourage me how to cope with people from around the world.

Also try to commute with different people and different culture.

He always guide and encourage me to be strong in work place.
Tool box meeting, work distribution to the worker.
Learn how to manage the work load,

Hardest part is shoring work

Enjoyable part can rest when is raining
Cons
Long working hours is the biggest problem everyone facing in this company. Too many foreigners and expecting locals to work long hours. No family life. 6 days a week and 8 to 6pm. In between only lunch break. Hope sg government do something about this company.
Pros
None.
Cons
Super long hrs. Just forget about family if working in this company
Very strictly follow the working hr. No excuses for late 5 mins.
very limited interaction. Discriminate local and Korean. they don't accept diversity.
Pros
you can train your self sronger in tough working culture.
Cons
Unprofessional in manging job and work place. Need to report to multiple bosses
Working in project Thomson line contract-T203 is a very competitive job because of some unexpected scenario but still manageable through our colleagues.
The experience is good especially if you are in a professional position. The work place is very comfortable and the staff are nice. Assume that the work load is big because this is a construction company.
Pros
n/a
Cons
xoxo
As a M&E Drafter everyday I do the CSD drawings updating and detailing some sections, and then I follow the SEM drawings to make sure that all sevices will not clash on the beam. By doing this I've learned how to manage and arrange all services in a small space. Our management are letting us to collaborate with all SWC's for a working session on our Project. Our work place contains of different culture, by this I've learned to respect our differences, and to have a quiet and happy working environment. The hardest part of the Job is when we have the submission of final drawings to the LTA. The most enjoyable part of my job is when we finished submitting our drawings, and then comes new task they gave me to do, like CIP or Coordinated Installation Programme. This consist of scheduling of each Sub-Contractor on their work installation of services. To sum up of all this experience that I earned on this MRT Project, I can confidently say that I can make directly and immediate contribute on the future organization where I'm going to join in.
Pros
more diversified experience acquired
Cons
long working hours
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at GS Engineering & Construction?
The most enjoyable part of working in GS E&C is that every day is a new day. You get to explore your capabilities as an individual and as a team player and at the same time enhance them.
Colleagues are easy to deal with. They are soft spoken and willing to help in any situation. The HR Department provided all the needs of the staffs.
Pros
Free Flowing Lunch for small amount
*A typical day at work are flexible and less stress
*Learned about M&E,C&S and Structure because oversee the project *My point of view for management is still need to improve

*My co-workers are friendly and flexible work together

*The hardest part is coordination with C&S and arch team(sometime)

*Enjoy to work daily with bosses and co-workers
Everyday is considered as productive and fulfilling day. I have learned to developed myself further on my chosen career. The management is very supportive and all work professional. The hardest part of the job is during the completion of the project as we all need to part ways as we are working for a project base project. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you see the outcome of your hard work.
Management supportive in safety on site. Workers are happy to follow the company where ever the company goes. The hardest part is stubborn subcontractors. The most enjoyable part is the recognition of safety effort from the management.
Pros
Buffet for all workers
Cons
Work started at 8am to 8pm, with unpaid overtime and still required to stay longer even nothing much to do. I learned to be more resourceful and used my own experience in my past companies in doing my jobs as nobody gave direction from senior managers. Career advancement also will be far from expectation as the company hired inexperience and zero knowledge senior managers.
Pros
Annual increase
Cons
First company to work at Singapore. I was not totally aware working with different race. The management team and colleagues was supportive to teach on site and hands-on job. But the problem on this company is the career growth is very slow. You need to be a Korean just to get a higher position.
Pros
Not so strict for new commers
Cons
Salary raise for employer
I learned in doing presentation to different authorities; I presented to DBC (Development Building Control) for Piling works @ Railway Protection Zone and get the approval; I presented to NEA for Noise Management; I Presented to HDB & Town Council for Information of our Works.
Pros
Free Telephone Bills
Cons
Saturday Working Days
I learn to be independent and efficient in dealing with technical aspect of design. I part of a design team that literally support the construction team in every aspect of construction.
GS is my first company.

I started to learn interesting tasks here.
Pros
Good welfare
Cons
Long working hours due to construction industry
job nature is long working hour
high rise research building experience

management is quite good

all colleagues are harmoniously work together

working under deadline
Pros
free dineer
Cons
long working hour
Everyday is typical day for my work. I can learn regarding MRT project. My manager and coworker are very kind and i also respect them. After approving my duty is the most enjoyable part of job and the delay of work is the hardest part of my job.
Pros
free meal
Cons
long hour