Guardian Health & Beauty

Guardian Health & Beauty Employee Reviews

Singapore36 reviews

Not bad for those who wants to experience retail

When it comes to serving the deplorable and impatient customers, you would have to be extremely patient with them. Some of them have treated us like their helper. Many of them like to toss their money and items at us but we must maintain good customer service at all times. Despite all this, I was able to get the gist of the work environment.

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

Long hours, rude customers, feel underappreciated, exhausting

Not a place you wanna stay for long

Career progression is way too slow, bosses not appreciative of the effort and work you put in. No difference in performance rating from someone who puts in a lot of effort vs not as much effort. They kept cutting manpower in the store, now expecting pharmacists to do what regular store staff normally do.

Pros

No take home homework

Cons

No recognition of efforts put in, salary is too low compared to the amount of work

A great company to work with. Great Staff, Human Resource are very helpful but Politics is known for higher management.

Working in Guardian Health and Beauty are the most memorable experienced so far in my life. I've worked in the company for almost 10 years and I learnt many things e.g Staff management, customer service, sales, logistics, team leadership and profitability strategies and even construction (Haha.. only during the renovation). Working in the company is very enjoyable as you need to face customers daily and from them you learnt many things and develop new friendship.

Nil

Guardian is a good company for first timers. To get themselves exposed to working life where you meet other people of different races to buy similar health car products. You’ll get more knowledged on healthcare products too

Nice environment

Aside from the transit area environment, my colleagues were always helpful and willing to give and take. The job scope is very straight forward. The company has service day which allows staff to know the products that the company carry in a fun way.

Active & give me a good experience.

It was a great experience to work at Guardian as Sales retail. I learned a lot. The most enjoyable part is when I learn the cashier its like way back since I was 7 years old I wish to do that kind of thing. The management is quite good and fair to all their employees. And my store manager is so kind and hard worker reason why everything is easy for me.

A good place to work.

Very fast pace working environment. Very fast changing in promotion and must work smart and efficiently. Learned: Plan strategy to hit 10% more than sales target for every month. Lead by example especially when doing the routine activities with fast and efficient. Attend customer complaint with passion and patient. Management: Very good. Workplace culture: Various background of people comes from different age, different level of educations, different level of capabilities. We value each other with respect and we work as a team to achieve our target. Hardest Part: Working in shift and very difficult to get morning shift in a week. Working time depends on which store your work. Most enjoyable part: Able to give great customer service to the customer and work in team.

A really fun workplace. Colleagues are really friendly.

I get to interact with customers and help them with what they need. I learnt to sort products and check dates. I enjoy working there because of the environment and people.

Happy to work here but the pay insufficient

1) Busy and very demanding job and heavy work load. 2) I have experience when it was handle by South African boss and very good. He believe in work hard and play. He always make staff happy although work load is a lot. 3) But when new boss take over, it was like going to graveyard. Staff always very stress and upsat. 4) Only salary need to increase, what they pay and the workload was not compatible.

Good workplace for experience

Usually busy when the stocks come in, sometimes due to the shortage of manpower, it's worse. However, it is because of adversities that made me a better staff. The job also (sometimes) require us to extend beyond our schedules to cover up late staff/shortage of manpower. However, fun and supporting managers are around to help us out and made the job more bearable.

Pros

Paid break, can work as often as you want.

Cons

Low salary, no staff meal/allowance

productive and good learning environment

• Part-time, Cashier & Promoter • Provide data entry to finance, handle phone call enquires & provide information for the products Management and work culture is good. Hardest part of working at Guardian is when the customer is being impatient and a little noisy in getting what they want and they are being uncooperative with us. Most enjoyable park of the job, our effort are often recognized. We were given commission for certain products we manage to sell. we were given small token of appreciation as well and at the end of the year there will be a small party conducted after working hours for all of us to enjoy.

Pros

free lunch during Grand Sale

Cons

not much of benefit for long term Part timers

good environment, friendly environment

learned alot about handling customers. learned how to handle misunderstanding between staff or customers. attend alot of courses to upgrade ourselves abt health product and facial.

Cons

working hours not fix.

Fun work place

In retail industry i get to work with various of people like staff, supplier, upper management, promoter and customer. From there, i polish my communication and interpersonal skill, staff management, supplier relationship, customer services and how to work with top management team.

Pros

Fun work place

Cons

Work life not balance

Sales Assistant

Working at Guardian Health and Beauty at Tampines One is a great place to work. I learn how to do cashier and stocks and lots more. GUardian is good place to work as at part time

Quite a stress-free work environment

Basic day to day dispensing and operations of the store. Relatively stress free and no need for bring-home work. May faced some nasty customers here and there.

Pros

Good Overtime Bonuses

Cons

Long Hours

Fun to work with

Fun, enjoyable, less stress. Get to make more friends. Get to meet customers and attend to their needs. Feel happy when they appreciate our assistance. Learn a lot of things about retail matters. Refresh my mind again in Maths when doing cashier example on Sales or Offer and Discounts

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Low salary per hour

fun work place

good working environment with a lot of support locally and regionally. working with a understanding and a good coach CEO who constantly give ideas and thought to upgrade itself

Busy

A typical day at work : Very busy; handles cashier, shocks, attends to customer and product replenishing. From working at Guardian, I've learnt to handle the cashier, I've gained experience with handling and attending different types of customers and I learn how to persevere more as it may get busy and hard at times.

Pros

Learn how to handle the cashier

Cons

Salary doesn't compliment the job description

It is a job suitable for those who likes to do cashiering duties and not do much work in terms of heavy workload

Working in guardian made me realized that I want to be exposed to a more lively environment where i can enjoy working with a good salary as a part timer.

Pros

Unless stocks arrive, it's mostly cashiering duties for a small outlet

Cons

Staying in the store for too long can be boring and i will start to feel sleepy and restless

Not being able to see the carrier development

Job routine is not very complicated but dealing with customers' complaints and unseen technical problems, planning resources for order fulfilment and estimation of promotion results are challenging. Pay is not attractive.

Pros

meeting new people and gain more knowledge in new fields

Cons

Not attractive pay. No recognition.

Overal this career is quite fun where I learnt a lot about customer services experince and gained much products knowledge.

Is been a year plus I working with this company. This company equiped me with useful knowledges which help me much in my work place when dealing with the customers daily. For example, there is product traning session on every single month which help to equip the employees with basic knowledges of each of the products. This could help to raise the confidence level of employee when deals with the customer's doubts. Besides, there are career promotions for the potential employees. Like, I been promoted to become second incharge of the store within a year of my service year. It is a good career advancement to me where I believe that the higher the position level I climb up, the more and the wider opportunities I am expose to.

Pros

Aws, profit sharing and 21 days of annual leave

Cons

Long working hours, short of manpower to cover the shifts assigned

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Guardian Health & Beauty. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Guardian Health & Beauty with

• Guardian Health & Beauty
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?