Guardian Health & Beauty

Singapore36 reviews

Clear
3.6Salary & Benefits

Nil

Guardian is a good company for first timers. To get themselves exposed to working life where you meet other people of different races to buy similar health car products. You’ll get more knowledged on healthcare products too

Not a place you wanna stay for long

Career progression is way too slow, bosses not appreciative of the effort and work you put in. No difference in performance rating from someone who puts in a lot of effort vs not as much effort. They kept cutting manpower in the store, now expecting pharmacists to do what regular store staff normally do.

Pros

No take home homework

Cons

No recognition of efforts put in, salary is too low compared to the amount of work

Happy to work here but the pay insufficient

1) Busy and very demanding job and heavy work load. 2) I have experience when it was handle by South African boss and very good. He believe in work hard and play. He always make staff happy although work load is a lot. 3) But when new boss take over, it was like going to graveyard. Staff always very stress and upsat. 4) Only salary need to increase, what they pay and the workload was not compatible.

Good workplace for experience

Usually busy when the stocks come in, sometimes due to the shortage of manpower, it's worse. However, it is because of adversities that made me a better staff. The job also (sometimes) require us to extend beyond our schedules to cover up late staff/shortage of manpower. However, fun and supporting managers are around to help us out and made the job more bearable.

Pros

Paid break, can work as often as you want.

Cons

Low salary, no staff meal/allowance

Quite a stress-free work environment

Basic day to day dispensing and operations of the store. Relatively stress free and no need for bring-home work. May faced some nasty customers here and there.

Pros

Good Overtime Bonuses

Cons

Long Hours

Fun to work with

Fun, enjoyable, less stress. Get to make more friends. Get to meet customers and attend to their needs. Feel happy when they appreciate our assistance. Learn a lot of things about retail matters. Refresh my mind again in Maths when doing cashier example on Sales or Offer and Discounts

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Low salary per hour

Busy

A typical day at work : Very busy; handles cashier, shocks, attends to customer and product replenishing. From working at Guardian, I've learnt to handle the cashier, I've gained experience with handling and attending different types of customers and I learn how to persevere more as it may get busy and hard at times.

Pros

Learn how to handle the cashier

Cons

Salary doesn't compliment the job description

It is a job suitable for those who likes to do cashiering duties and not do much work in terms of heavy workload

Working in guardian made me realized that I want to be exposed to a more lively environment where i can enjoy working with a good salary as a part timer.

Pros

Unless stocks arrive, it's mostly cashiering duties for a small outlet

Cons

Staying in the store for too long can be boring and i will start to feel sleepy and restless

Overal this career is quite fun where I learnt a lot about customer services experince and gained much products knowledge.

Is been a year plus I working with this company. This company equiped me with useful knowledges which help me much in my work place when dealing with the customers daily. For example, there is product traning session on every single month which help to equip the employees with basic knowledges of each of the products. This could help to raise the confidence level of employee when deals with the customer's doubts. Besides, there are career promotions for the potential employees. Like, I been promoted to become second incharge of the store within a year of my service year. It is a good career advancement to me where I believe that the higher the position level I climb up, the more and the wider opportunities I am expose to.

Pros

Aws, profit sharing and 21 days of annual leave

Cons

Long working hours, short of manpower to cover the shifts assigned

Stable company but long working hours

Good management, helpful workers. Require a lot of time spent with workers. Working hours is very unpredictable depending on actual day requirement.

Pros

Good management support

fun

This company provide good training and fair for every team member. 5 day work week provide us work life balance. Happy to work with good management,

Pros

good management

Cons

low salary

Very knowledgeable and gain skills.

Work even on day off if needed. Good to see patients that after operations can recover well. Co workers are good and nice even in diffirent country.

Pros

free lunch, got overtime pay

Good place to learn

Good place to learn and apply what u have learn in terms of drug dispensing and patient counselling . However by not having a fix location to work for 6 days in a week is not benefiting to stay in this job since there is no transport allowances been given too.

Pros

save on medical cost as there is company doctor.

Cons

travelling to different location for work every single day without getting transport allowances

Work wise alright salaries not good

Working with Guardian Pharmacy as part timer. Now I would like to work as full time. Have taken courses with workfore. completed with certificates.

Cons

long hours, as and when they need being called

fun work place

Guardian maintain good quality of the product and customer service. Flexible working hours for part-timers. A bit of heavy lifting but bearable Improved communication by serving customers.

Cons

minimun pay

Provide excellent customer service to customer, ordering of stocks and arranging of stocks to various labelled shelves, checking of item expiry date, replenish of stock, cashiering and store stock take once every 3 months.

Pros

Fun workplace, staff discount

Cons

low salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Guardian Health & Beauty. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Guardian Health & Beauty with