Guzman Y Gomez

Guzman Y Gomez Employee Reviews

a fast-paced but fun work environment

-Everyday you'll be allocated a main position (cashier, server or line) and have a secondary task like restocking drinks, taking out the trash and preparing guacamole- you might have different tasks everyday, so it's never too boring-You are prone to minor burns as the hot press is used a lot-Most co-workers are very patient and helpful -Have to multi-task a lot, and be efficient

Pros

flexible working hours

Good

Good company to work for. Would recommend to anyone looking for employment that is consistent and fair management. Team member are usually very helpful and work hard.

Great team often poor treatment by management

Great team and atmosphere fast paced work that makes the hours fly by. Very flexible work schedule. Some instances of poor treatment to workers by management

Pros

Great team and flexible

Cons

50% discount days you work (should be free) low payrate

Sounds great, reality is not

They want robots.They say they'll train you, but in reality they just want someone who can do it off the bat. They don't have you with one or two people during a shift, they just get whoever they can to give you a bit of (verbal) instruction then shove you in line.Next day, it starts again.They are NOT a family.You are made to feel like an idiot because you haven't adapted within two days. That you don't know things that you have yet to be taught.Don't get me wrong, people are different, some are nice and seem like friends. But it's clique-y and they have no patience, despite what they say about training and family on the site.

Pros

Discounted food, pay is okay

Cons

Long hours on feet, expected to know everything within a day, no patience for teaching/adaption

its okay

the job is okay, you get to do several aspects and its very collaborative. It can be quite straining from time to time but i want to be payed a little more

Pros

50% discount when on/just got off shift

Fast paced

Need to be on your toes. Work hard. Great environment. Good team members to work with.Enjoy the vibes. Good management and it feels like a team and family.

No care for people

The company says their people are at the heart of everything they do, but they prioritise meeting the needs of the people who bring down the workplace. They put unnecessary stress and pressure and take advantage of anyone that cares about their job (promising development, career progression and monetary benefits) while burning these people out then replacing them. A disgusting money hungry machine. Steer clear.

Not worth it

management are like high school kids in adult bodies. So much drama, causing drama within workplace and the worst was between management itself. Turnover is high, understaffed.

Yeah it was chill sometimes and stuff

Super fast paced and can be stressful at times- but hey most fast food places are stressful. The people were friendly and kind. Sometimes I felt as if I weren't good enough to be taught new things as I was only put on certain tasks every shift I had and it got repetitive and boring. This were one of the reasons I quit lmao.

Bad management, not good pay

Managers there were very rude, didnt communicate well with their staff, blamed you for things they didnt even tell you about and worst of all were also very rude (making snarky comments, faces) at customers. The employees were nice though and it was the only thing that made it okay. Its very fast paced and stressful and they ignore delivery orders so much.

Stressful, good for short term.

Pretty good work space, the co workers are very friendly, so are head office staff when they come by our store, I do not recommend staying here for more than a year, for the sake of your mental health, the management system here is very inconsistent, some managers being good and others being terrible.

Fun work place but decent pay

Started working there at young age great people to work with everyone is really chill and fun, pay could be better but couldn’t complain to much because I love the people.

Not a good experience

Working 7 days no overtime paid, no support. Not a good place to work for. Terrible experience! They use you up and treat you poorly. The culture isn’t what’s advertised.

Enterprise agreement

I left knowing I'd be poorer but I wasnt getting paid award, and it wasnt a job I wanted.I left because something told me to leave. Thats all I can remember.

Pros

Cons

Enterprise agreement

Great team, bad management

awful managers as stores are franchise ownedgood processes by the actual company but managers are overbearing and overly critical would have quit after 1 week if it weren't for the great coworker relationships and family

good workplace

minimum pay, mediocre management. overall, the job itself is pretty easy and self explanatory. sometimes hard to manage during rush hour but staff are friendly

Relaxed workplace with fairly decent management

I was immediately started on the job and it is very straight forward and good. I still think it is overstaffed with a lot of standing in one spot if you are a line cook.

Can be stressful, but good for a first job

As a casual worker during high school , i felt i had a lot of flexibility with hours as you can put in your unavailability on the app. sometimes it gets very busy if there is a drive thru, as well with online orders and customers coming into the store. It is likely you will make many friends as you tend to work with a decent sized crew

Friendly workplace.

Friendly workplace as well as good place to work. The way we work is professional. Workplace is very nit and clean. And we serve food very fast to customers.

Pros

Free healthy lunch.

Cons

No disadvantages!

Sales worker vibes

Restock fridge, take and serve orders, clean tables and sometimes prepare food. p o s machine straightforward, training is not as structured but straightforward nonetheless if you get a good trainer. Management is a little odd but people should be nice. I mean I have worked 2 different locations and co workers at both places are different from one another.

Pros

Fun to take orders

Cons

Hurts legs

Great First Job

Love some of the management. However, people seem to leave the job in big groups. After a couple months there will be a new batch of people to train up.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Guzman Y Gomez. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Guzman Y Gomez
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?