Guzman Y Gomez

Guzman Y Gomez Culture reviews

Clear

Fun work place but decent pay

Started working there at young age great people to work with everyone is really chill and fun, pay could be better but couldn’t complain to much because I love the people.

Fast paced

Need to be on your toes. Work hard. Great environment. Good team members to work with.Enjoy the vibes. Good management and it feels like a team and family.

Not a good experience

Working 7 days no overtime paid, no support. Not a good place to work for. Terrible experience! They use you up and treat you poorly. The culture isn’t what’s advertised.

Very good place to work at

It is a very enjoyable experience to work with a supportive team. The hardest part of the job would be coping with constant orders. The production system in place may be a bit lacking despite the influx in orders. However the management is continuously improving.

Pros

50% off staff meals

Cons

Pay for RSA

Awesome

From the great training they gave you to the awesome management team and franchisee, GYG Coffs Harbour is a great place to work at. Great for people who can work in a fast-paced environment.

Pros

Employee Discount, Lot's of shifts, Management & franchisee will always support you

Productive fun place to work and make new friends

typical day at work includes preparing vegetables and meat, frying chips, taking orders. Management was organised, workers were friendly. Hardest part of the job was during rush hours.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Dealing with difficult personalities

Horrible pay but it was fun for my first job

I worked at GYG part-time when I was 15 and I absolutely loved it, especially assembling and rolling the burritos. My co-workers were so nice and friendly, the camaraderie between the workers was really admirable. I got to practice my Spanish and make some new friends. However, the pay was terrible (base rate was $8.31 an hour) and you only got a 50% discount on the food.

Pros

Fun, sometimes stressful, hours are good and consistent

Cons

Pay was not great

Like school everyday new learning

Manager was very good. He is very helpful and kind. Team members are welcoming and happy to assist new comer. All team members are very active. Cleaning is mindblowing. They are very good at taking care of hygiene. Respect towards every culture. They serve their customers with the best. All ingredients they use are fresh and healthy.

Nice place to work

Nice company to work for. Good management and culture. Very fast paced and management expects a lot from its team. Overall had a good time there and would recommend.

Supportive Work Environment

Working within a team who care about customer service and working well together to achieve goals. The pay is good, depending on what you are satisfied with. Management is great and has their staff and teams best interest in mind.

Pros

Free Lunches, Great Team and Management

Cons

Stressful

my experience = great

i love working at gyg it has been an incredible working experience. they train you and help you out so much, its a wonderful environment and i would easily recommend working here.

Pros

great environment

Muy bueno y divertido

Ha sido una experiencia muy enriquecedora, he aprendido y me han valorado mucho

Es una excelente empresa, la recomiendo siempre para trabajar y a la vez aprender.

Es una excelente empresa, aprendi mucho de sus recetas, forma de trabajo y cultura. el trabajo en equipo fue mi mejor experiencia.

Pros

vacaciones pagas

Cons

descansos no pagos

Great Place to Work!

Great people , amazing environment! wonderful place to work, nevertheless the food is always clean and fresh! Would recommend working here i had an amazing experience.

Excelent

Excelent expirience excellent work good communication in the whole group good challenges and improve job performance every day, I wish and I will achieve to be a manager of a GYG restaurant to achieve to be the best restaurant and represent the GYG brand

Fun workplace friendly people

Great place to work in the people were very kind and knew how to teach new people their ways of learning and cooking in the work environment they made sure everyone was okay

Horrific Management

Management is absolutely horrific and ruined the work environment. Little to no care about employees and borderline abusive. Constant bullying and harassment from management, multiple threats of resignation, late pay almost always, unreasonable requests and hours as well as multiple last minute calls. Many employees were fired without reason or warning and under unfair circumstances. Disorganised and little training for new employees. Only redeeming qualities of the job was the culture and the friendly people there who are all in the same boat as you. Definitely one of the worst workplace experiences in my life, hope there are some changes to management as that is no way to treat employees.

Pros

Staff discounts, lax uniform

Cons

Abusive management, Unreasonable requests, low salary

a good place with latin people

i like working in gyg it was so much fun must of the time but i think working with Latin people was not very nice to me, as i wanted to improve my English , however its a good place to work with

Excellent environment and fun place to work

6 years and happy to be part of the GyG family. We do everything for our customers and GyG is a really good place to train yourself in a fast hospitality environment

New working environment with great food

Working at GYG was a good experience as their team members were positive and supportive, and would always encourage you to do your best. The food at GYG is very food.

Ambiente de trabajo divertido

Aprender de la administración, manejo de personal, manejo del cliente

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Guzman Y Gomez. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Guzman Y Gomez
  • Culture
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?