Guzman Y Gomez

Guzman Y Gomez Work-Life Balance reviews

Clear
3.2Salary & Benefits

Can be stressful, but good for a first job

As a casual worker during high school , i felt i had a lot of flexibility with hours as you can put in your unavailability on the app. sometimes it gets very busy if there is a drive thru, as well with online orders and customers coming into the store. It is likely you will make many friends as you tend to work with a decent sized crew

Good

Good company to work for. Would recommend to anyone looking for employment that is consistent and fair management. Team member are usually very helpful and work hard.

Sounds great, reality is not

They want robots.They say they'll train you, but in reality they just want someone who can do it off the bat. They don't have you with one or two people during a shift, they just get whoever they can to give you a bit of (verbal) instruction then shove you in line.Next day, it starts again.They are NOT a family.You are made to feel like an idiot because you haven't adapted within two days. That you don't know things that you have yet to be taught.Don't get me wrong, people are different, some are nice and seem like friends. But it's clique-y and they have no patience, despite what they say about training and family on the site.

Pros

Discounted food, pay is okay

Cons

Long hours on feet, expected to know everything within a day, no patience for teaching/adaption

Fast paced

Need to be on your toes. Work hard. Great environment. Good team members to work with.Enjoy the vibes. Good management and it feels like a team and family.

No care for people

The company says their people are at the heart of everything they do, but they prioritise meeting the needs of the people who bring down the workplace. They put unnecessary stress and pressure and take advantage of anyone that cares about their job (promising development, career progression and monetary benefits) while burning these people out then replacing them. A disgusting money hungry machine. Steer clear.

Great First Job

Love some of the management. However, people seem to leave the job in big groups. After a couple months there will be a new batch of people to train up.

The stress is not worth it

I love my job but I hate the toxicity of the workplace and the management team. Ever since our previous owner handed over their rights of ownership to corporate, everything went downhill. People are fighting over shifts because most are only getting 1 or 2 shifts a week. We went from getting paid weekly to fortnightly, and when it comes to payday our pays are delayed. Some of our shifts leaders are so hypocritical, they tell you off for something, but then they end up doing the exact same thing later on. However, some shift leaders are so kind and understanding, those are the shifts i look forward to. They are trying to upgrade everything but wont upgrade the more important things such as installing a stronger cooling system, throughout the summer we have been working and sweating like crazy due to the lack of air conditioning. Our fryer has been breaking down too often which causes delays in orders.

Pros

50% discount 25% discount on days off

Cons

Dramatic reduction in shift hours Some of the shift leaders are straight up rude for no reason, so much for being a “family”

productive and fun work place with amazing and welcoming staff

while working at Guzman i learned some very valuable skills that will stay with me for the rest of my working life.the management was amazing and very helpful when it came to swapping shifts if things had come upi wouldn't say there is a hard part to the job as it is very easy to pick up and learn everything you need to know to complete the set tasks .in my opinion the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to form connection with co workers, this makes sure that everything runs properly without problems

Pros

working with amazing staff members

Cons

no guarantee on weekly hours being the same

Fun people to work with, everyone acts like a family but the competition is bitter.

GYG is a great place to work at. The pay rates are amazing, you get to talk to customers and communicate within a team. Team leaders are way too demanding! I.e. 'Can you start the burrito bowl for drive thru?' followed by'Why are you doing drive thru!? Complete them in order!' Their expectations are so high, pushing exhausted workers just so they can have the number '1' next to their store name for five minutes. The atmosphere can be toxic at times, some people end up having to pick up the peak time slack while three or five workers are gathered together running amuck.The training is decent. Briefly outlines all the necessary processes of the restaurant, though don't be surprised if a manager is disappointed that you can't find the 'Extra meat button on the last page of the 8th tab. People will always be there to help you, but if you're really underperforming you won't get an opportunity to improve as you make mistakes. Instead you'll have fun cleaning out bins, or using a slicing machine when nobody trained you for it.

Pros

Good pay, work life balance

Cons

Short hours, hot/humid environment, demanding management

Quite an interesting job

The management was pretty okay but sometimes they would suddenly cancel my shift or move me to other locations. They are also very flexible with allocating shifts according to your availability. The people there are very friendly, patient and overall fun to work with. The work environment is quite enjoyable and comfortable and the pay is decent for a part-timer.

Pros

Work-life balance

Cons

Quite hectic during rush hours

Work here for a year max.

Work here is alright, people you work with are generally pretty cool, job isn't too hard either though it takes a month or so to get the hang of. Managers change like a roller coasters, it gets annoying because you have to change the way you do things every month or so and make sure you get ready to get guilted into doing shifts. Be firm about when you can and can't work and you should be good. The rushes during the day can be pretty stressful, no matter the job your doing. Be prepared to jump between 2 or more jobs at once. Customers sometimes dont know the difference between a burrito and a sandwich so get ready for that. The max pay you can get before management is around $22.70. All in all its a job, you get shifts (not necessarily the ones you want), the people are cool, managers 80% of the time suck and the work is really stressful during rush periods. My recommendation is to not work here for longer than a year.

Pros

Free lunches if your a shift leader, 50% off for staff, people are nice!

Cons

Managers aren't cool, lots of guilting, staff often neglected, broken things never get fixed, stress stress stress, out of work responsibilities for a fast food job.

Es una excelente empresa, la recomiendo siempre para trabajar y a la vez aprender.

Es una excelente empresa, aprendi mucho de sus recetas, forma de trabajo y cultura. el trabajo en equipo fue mi mejor experiencia.

Pros

vacaciones pagas

Cons

descansos no pagos

Guzman y Gomez

After working with the company for over 2 years and building my way up the management ladder becoming a shift leader meant so much to me but not everyone would do what they’re supposed to in the management loop and it was the biggest downfall to where I left that company and I tell everyone it’s a good job while your in school that’s it I wouldn’t recommend working for them out of school

Productive and run workplace

A typical day at work would be preparing for peak hours, talking to customers, being able to feel more relaxed when it's quiet but still have a rush during peak hours and everyone being able to focus.

Fun workplace friendly people

Great place to work in the people were very kind and knew how to teach new people their ways of learning and cooking in the work environment they made sure everyone was okay

Absolutely love it here

I love working at GYG Narellan, it was my second job so I wasn't new to the workforce at all.. But, I always feel like I am always learning something new every shift. The staff are so friendly and I have always felt like they are my work family, Natalia is an amazing boss along with Andreia and the other shift leaders at Narellan. The only downside is the pay, which should be improved as it is hard to survive on such a small rate... Other than that I love working here #2yearsstrong

All crew are amazing to work with and all so helpful, can be very stressful if not prepared for the day its very hard not having enough crew on when it is needed and not having appropriate opening hours for stuff to open the store correctly and closing hours not having enough time too clean the store at the end of the day

Fun workplace

Working always at night, In charge of closing shifts of the restaurant, three days per week only. My stuff are always juniors under 18, fun environment and excelent relationship with the whole crew.

Challenging workplace with peaks being very vigorous, but working as a team was key

Working at GYG was a challenge, you always had to be arriving at work on time otherwise your restaurant would fall back heaps, But a good environment.

Pros

50% Discount

Cons

Standing in the same place for long periods of time not walking around that much.

A comprehensive review

The company in general is a great company with focuses on culture, employee wellbeing and advancement. There are great opportunities for personal and professional growth. Working for company owned stores is better. GYG has a core set of values company sticks by and one is got your back and if you work hard and make results the company has absolutely got your back.

Pros

Employee discount, growth opportunities, experience Latin culture, work in a friendly enviornment

Cons

Christmas period availability, employee expectations (dependent on store)

Exciting workplace to learn and adapt in a fast past rerstaurant

working here i learnt a great deal of skills which are included on my resume. i highly recommend anyone to apply for gyg as its a great stepping stone into customer service industry.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Guzman Y Gomez. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Guzman Y Gomez with