H&M Employee Reviews

It was very fun to work at H&M as the staff were all very nice and this made it easier for me to adapt. The environment at H&M was very chill as the managers there were treating me like a friend. Overall, H&M is a fun and chill place to work at.
I had a good experience, at times my tasks proved to be challenging but the other times they were mostly fun, talking to customers, having friendly coworkers. I was not making enough in the branches in Singapore, and had no overtime opportunities, I was unable to stay working at the company because of financial reasons. I would've commited to the company if I was paid more.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Low wage
It was a great opportunity for me to learn about the customer service industry and to be a part of an encouraging team, it was more than just a job. It was a learning journey.
I worked in H&M for about one month and it gives me a good experience of what it is like working in a retail industry. The most important lesson that I learnt from this experience was attitude and customer service. Whether the customers will purchase or not can be influenced by how they experienced the customer service provided and this has taught me how to approach customers in a better and more comfortable manner. Retail industry is also fun where staff can express themselves by the way they dress and some efforts that they do to improve the shop overall.
Working as a part timer at that time, $7 is too little comparing the workload we had to bear. Hours wise was alright cause it was pretty flexible for us as it’s depending on our availability
The colleagues were very friendly and easy-going where it feels like we are one family. The systems is easy to get hold off and the workload is just nice.
There is too much of a Malaysians and they get the management role even easier without even trying. Can see the management is really bias. H&m is a good place to shop but not to work.
Pros
Taxi claims
Cons
Long hours.
I have been working for years in H&M, and in this store particularly. Typical day for morning shifts, would be unpacking deliveries and opening the store, sometimes you may be asked to help the visual merchandisers on visual tasks. As for night shift, would be making sure the store is tidy and neat, and to set up unpacking table for next morning shift. I can say that every store is different, in terms of management, as i have supported other stores before, I have witness that some stores are able to work under pressure when manpower down etc, however for my store, it wasn't the case as almost everyday we are down manpower (due to some irresponsible staffs taking MC) and had to do double job that lead to us (the responsible staffs) being very very tired. Sometimes management team (managers and visual) might not even help the floor, however in one of the other stores which i supported, the managers were working along side with us to ensure everything is tidy and that is really nice. So it really depend on which store you work in as management team of every store is different. Hardest part of the job is to work alone in a department when your colleagues take MC, cos you are the only one in the department and having to make sure fitting room is cleared, the department is tidy and also doing cashiering, its like you doing 2 person worth of job, and sometimes managers and visual merchandisers won't help even when they are in your department. Another hard part is customers, some customers can be a pain on your neck when they demand a lot. Due to the staffs who always take MC - more...
Pros
WorldWide Staff Discount (even for Part Timers)
Cons
Management Team in a mess, Double job when your colleague missing in action, Sometimes you are the only one working in your department
Over at COSstores, we rotate our position in the store frequently, so we would feel stagnant in the things that we do throughout the store. We also frequent have team building session to strengthen our communication skills with one another
Pros
good team bonding with colleagues
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at H&M?
management & visual conflict often affect staff morale colleagues really nice makes work environment enjoyable certain colleagues cannot run shift properly and often so make work boring. Hire too much msians to the point that locals are mostly part timers. Store always close at 11pm, eventhough so littlw customers (sometimes only 2-3 customers from 10-11) so staff end work at 12, which is very boring & tiring.
Pros
staff discount, designer collabs
Cons
long hours, store close late
Working in Hennes&Mauritz gain my skills to be able to communicate easily. It also teaches me about the recycle movement that not many Singaporeans are able to commit. I have gain to be able to keep uo with the trend thats going on. Not only in fashion sense, I have also gain my teamwork skills in order to cooperate and work with my seniors and colleagues. Also,by gaining my sense of responsibilty when seniors are not working and taking care of my department.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long hours of working
The staff are very friendly including the managers. I get to communicate with new people and gain new experience. The hardest part of the job is maintaining customer service even when many customers have showed us attitude and ignore us.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Busy retail shop
Typical day at work is when you get a little angry over the planning/scheduling of the day or you could be mad over fellow colleagues or the customers at that point of day sucks majorly. But my colleagues are almost like my family even though they make me mad half of the time but they are imperfectly perfect in their own ways. Management and area team can be improved as we had to go through so many changes within 2 years, it is not good as there is no consistency to stick with. We always have to be on our toes to adapt properly. Hardest part of the job is remembering to stay patient. Most enjoyable part is when there are treats from the management team.
Pros
Pantry, treats from area team on christmas, treats from management team
Cons
The planning of scheduling and the daily
Overall you get to learn about and adapt to the pace of the fashion industry, you get to learn about the different type of clothes handling and dealing with different people everyday.
Pros
Staff discount on apparel
Cons
very fast pace
Usually, the working style in H&M is basically tidying the floor and rearranging the clothes. Also, at the same time, to be able to help customers when they need help. Sometimes, we will also be placed in the fitting room to control the amount of items that the customers are trying on. Sometimes the hardest part of the job is customers who are very hard to talk to due to language barrier - usually with the foreigners. But the most enjoyable part is basically to be able to mix around with very fun and open-minded colleagues.
A typical day at work would be going work early in the morning to open store and getting ready for the day, walking and hands on every min in the meantime i have learn to fold clothes the proper way and many more. The management was great, the schedule was reasonable and in work life balance as well. the culture was okay, everyone is helping each other no matter how fast or slow in times of peak hours & trouble, getting/doing things done as fast & smooth. Professionalism! The hardest part of the job is the most enjoyable part of the job.
H&M is a fast-paced company that will always keep you going. When you come to work there is always something to do. The managers are very understanding.
Job is relatively easy. Fast paced and Busy workplace but time passes by really fast! Latest management team are biased. Values are great to follow! Work routine makes job easy to manage.
It was a good experience learning where I was able to complete the task given within a certain timing. I was able to improve my multitasking skills and my communication between me and customer imrove as well
I worked here only one and a half month but the manager and other colleagues taught me everything with politely with patient manner. we had lot of fun while working
Pros
fun colleagues
Cons
early morning shift
It was the best experience working in h&m , they are all friendly , outgoing and supportive towards one another but i had to leave the job as i seemingly not getting enough rest . It's recommended to those whose energetic .
Pros
Long break
Cons
Rush hours