H&M

H&M Employee Reviews

Singapore42 reviews

Found 42 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,971 reviews

Tiring

Worked as a part timer. Basic employee benefits like staff discounts & uniform allowances are great but can get better pay elsewhere. Long working hours.

pretty chill and fun to work in

the people I've worked with are really nice and it was also pretty chill since they emphasise a lot of team effort. its pretty near my place so the work-life balance was very good for me

Pros

staff discounts

Cons

pay was reasonable but could have been slightly higher

Work Life Balance

Company believes in promoting from within which sounds good in theory but the reality is that a lot of corporate staff were recruited from the stores and may not have the right skill set or professionalism for the job.

Pros

Discounts

Cons

Limited career growth

Friendly but low pay

The people there are very friendly and helpful. When they see new comer they will try to help out. The overall vibe working there is not bad just that i wish the pay can be higher for the workload. The shift is quite flexible for part timer

Fast paced and stressful

The pay is really too low compared to other retail outlets. The pay depends on the day that you work. Higher pay means sacrificing your weekends. It really isn’t enough when there is a high workload. However it is quite flexible once you work and depending on the outlet you work at it can be either toxic or fun. The amount of pressure may be a little too much at times especially when dealing with fussy customers. Most of the times there is a lack of manpower especially during closing which makes it really tough. Nonetheless a good experience for students or first time workers if you don’t mind the low pay rate.

Productive and fun workplace

Stressful and need to be quick on ur feet as there are multiple occasions where many customers come in at once Especially on weekends where many families come to shop

Pros

Discount on clothing

Fun,toxic

It has fun environment , yet theres bias between manager and workers There’s toxic people everywhere & make me loose my motivational to go to work. Hence it was a great experience

It was a good experience

I had a good experience, at times my tasks proved to be challenging but the other times they were mostly fun, talking to customers, having friendly coworkers. I was not making enough in the branches in Singapore, and had no overtime opportunities, I was unable to stay working at the company because of financial reasons. I would've commited to the company if I was paid more.

Pros

Great culture

Cons

Low wage

Fun workplace

It was very fun to work at H&M as the staff were all very nice and this made it easier for me to adapt. The environment at H&M was very chill as the managers there were treating me like a friend. Overall, H&M is a fun and chill place to work at.

Overall experience.

It was a great opportunity for me to learn about the customer service industry and to be a part of an encouraging team, it was more than just a job. It was a learning journey.

Fun workplace

I worked in H&M for about one month and it gives me a good experience of what it is like working in a retail industry. The most important lesson that I learnt from this experience was attitude and customer service. Whether the customers will purchase or not can be influenced by how they experienced the customer service provided and this has taught me how to approach customers in a better and more comfortable manner. Retail industry is also fun where staff can express themselves by the way they dress and some efforts that they do to improve the shop overall.

H&m

Working as a part timer at that time, $7 is too little comparing the workload we had to bear. Hours wise was alright cause it was pretty flexible for us as it’s depending on our availability

Family-like relationships

The colleagues were very friendly and easy-going where it feels like we are one family. The systems is easy to get hold off and the workload is just nice.

Management bias

There is too much of a Malaysians and they get the management role even easier without even trying. Can see the management is really bias. H&m is a good place to shop but not to work.

Pros

Taxi claims

Cons

Long hours.

not bad for work experience

I have been working for years in H&M, and in this store particularly. Typical day for morning shifts, would be unpacking deliveries and opening the store, sometimes you may be asked to help the visual merchandisers on visual tasks. As for night shift, would be making sure the store is tidy and neat, and to set up unpacking table for next morning shift. I can say that every store is different, in terms of management, as i have supported other stores before, I have witness that some stores are able to work under pressure when manpower down etc, however for my store, it wasn't the case as almost everyday we are down manpower (due to some irresponsible staffs taking MC) and had to do double job that lead to us (the responsible staffs) being very very tired. Sometimes management team (managers and visual) might not even help the floor, however in one of the other stores which i supported, the managers were working along side with us to ensure everything is tidy and that is really nice. So it really depend on which store you work in as management team of every store is different. Hardest part of the job is to work alone in a department when your colleagues take MC, cos you are the only one in the department and having to make sure fitting room is cleared, the department is tidy and also doing cashiering, its like you doing 2 person worth of job, and sometimes managers and visual merchandisers won't help even when they are in your department. Another hard part is customers, some customers can be a pain on your neck when they demand a lot. Due to the staffs who always take MC -

Pros

WorldWide Staff Discount (even for Part Timers)

Cons

Management Team in a mess, Double job when your colleague missing in action, Sometimes you are the only one working in your department

Good and strong communication with one another

Over at COSstores, we rotate our position in the store frequently, so we would feel stagnant in the things that we do throughout the store. We also frequent have team building session to strengthen our communication skills with one another

Pros

good team bonding with colleagues

Too much Msians?

management & visual conflict often affect staff morale colleagues really nice makes work environment enjoyable certain colleagues cannot run shift properly and often so make work boring. Hire too much msians to the point that locals are mostly part timers. Store always close at 11pm, eventhough so littlw customers (sometimes only 2-3 customers from 10-11) so staff end work at 12, which is very boring & tiring.

Pros

staff discount, designer collabs

Cons

long hours, store close late

Fun workplace,Productive,Learning culture

Working in Hennes&Mauritz gain my skills to be able to communicate easily. It also teaches me about the recycle movement that not many Singaporeans are able to commit. I have gain to be able to keep uo with the trend thats going on. Not only in fashion sense, I have also gain my teamwork skills in order to cooperate and work with my seniors and colleagues. Also,by gaining my sense of responsibilty when seniors are not working and taking care of my department.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Long hours of working

Enjoyable place to work

The staff are very friendly including the managers. I get to communicate with new people and gain new experience. The hardest part of the job is maintaining customer service even when many customers have showed us attitude and ignore us.

Pros

Good management

Cons

Busy retail shop

Family like work enviornment

Typical day at work is when you get a little angry over the planning/scheduling of the day or you could be mad over fellow colleagues or the customers at that point of day sucks majorly. But my colleagues are almost like my family even though they make me mad half of the time but they are imperfectly perfect in their own ways. Management and area team can be improved as we had to go through so many changes within 2 years, it is not good as there is no consistency to stick with. We always have to be on our toes to adapt properly. Hardest part of the job is remembering to stay patient. Most enjoyable part is when there are treats from the management team.

Pros

Pantry, treats from area team on christmas, treats from management team

Cons

The planning of scheduling and the daily

Fun

Overall you get to learn about and adapt to the pace of the fashion industry, you get to learn about the different type of clothes handling and dealing with different people everyday.

Pros

Staff discount on apparel

Cons

very fast pace

Ask a question about working or interviewing at H&M. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare H&M with