HSBC

HSBC Employee Reviews

Found 89 reviews matching the searchSee all 14,044 reviews

Fun place to work

Values work life balance. Excellent employee-employer relationship. Stressfree working environment. Best place to grow and enhance skills for career growth and advancement.

Good

Good very good 👍 happy work life balance team meeting good learnings and other opportunities for fresher and no dress code be free only aged people occupied the company disadvantage

Productive and fun workplace

The job scope is very clearly defined and appropriate guidance was given for me to adequately complete the job. The work culture is quite relaxing and not very intense.

Relaxed friendly no real stress

Nice company to work for, although you are constantly monitored on your daily performance and have weekly meeting to discuss how things are going. Nothing more to add - Nothing more to add - Nothing more to add

stressed work place with minimal pay

low salary and bonus, little perks and benefits, stressful and busy life, jurassic it system, sometimes relaxed environment, good office locations, popular company

Great place to work in terms of work-life balance and family culture.

Enjoy working with the staff in HSBC Bank. They were very helpful and supportive. The environment is a good model for any company to adopt in terms of learning, keep healthy and interaction.

In general unfriendly culture. They tend to work in silos.

Unfortunately, I belonged to a department that did not value too much collaboration between teams. People work in silos. There is no growth unless people resign. You will not get promoted due to a blueprint format of the team. They don't do individual promotions.

Great workplace

Positive environment, great colleagues and always helpful and look out for one another. Leadership is clear, unbiased and always ensure clear instructions for assigned tasks.

Productive workplace

- diversity and inclusion are well-embraced - trained to be vigilant and ask the right questions to combat fraud, money laundering and terrorism - supportive management

Stressful

Now the management has changed. The process and environment has changed a lot. If the management was how it was previously, most likely most people would love to stay. Other than that, its fine.

So-so

Progression is extremely hard for special grade clerk, hiring managers personally do not like to hire internally and would prefer external applicants. Working environment is “okay”.

Productive Environment

Data sheets were always passed around the credit operations before arriving on my desk. Every morning I will receive calls from India teams as well as credit risk teams from around HSBC Singapore offices to test out their data conversion system and provide troubleshoot queries to the IT teams in India.

Productive and Collaborative Working Environment

The company provides a good working environment for employees with substantial training and support for every individual role. They make sure that employees needs and concerns are taken into considerations.

Own time

I was there as a contract staff so the full time staff weren't very stringent with us and we are often left on our own to finish whatever tasks we were assigned.

Depending on your team, you either love it or hate it

do your due diligence before you move. unstructured and backward for an international brand. definitely feel threatened by new entrant. HQ in London but very much a Asia (HK style) bank with revenue driven mainly from hK.

nice place to work in

work as a contract staff,conductive working environment where im included in benefit such as free lunch and dnd. However,since im a contract staff,there is no work progression

Pros

free lunch

Cons

less work, less learnt stuff

Na

No transparency Management, news comes too sudden and you are not well informed in advance eg outsourcing of work to offshore. complicated process and keep changing.

Pros

Remote working

Cons

Long hours & unfriendly & unhelpful colleagues, not a good training ground

Great work life balance

Overall supportive culture, great place to work in. Management allows flexibility to work from home and gives time off for emergencies. Benefits are great as well.

What I love about my role

The most enjoyable part of my role is working with clients, understanding their needs and finding solutions to make their life easier. I enjoy the collaboration between departments working towards a common goal.

HSBC Singapore

Achieve monthly sales goals in effective outbound calls while delivering excellent service. Ensure continuous improvement in service quality. Work closely with other departments and business partners to fulfill customer’s needs. Focus on personal loans products.

A good job opportunity.

New management in this department is much better than the previous one. Very understanding and there are many opportunities not only in Singapore but globally.

Pros

Friendly environment.

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HSBC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

5.4K
4.9K
2.6K

• HSBC
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?