HSBC

Customer Service Representative5 reviews
Singapore5 reviews

3.6Job Security & Advancement

Found 5 reviews matching the searchSee all 14,530 reviews

A great place to meet people of different walks of life

A place I truly enjoyed working as I met numerous people from different walks of life. I had to work in a relatively fast paced environment as well as be meticulous when dealing with cash. Built my interest in customer service line by interacting and showing empathy to people when needed. I was nominated as a service hero for portraying exemplary customer service in 2007.

Toxic management

I literally wasted almost 6 months of my life. Waited one month for this background check and i only worked here for 5 months. In this 5 months i was already so stressed up. Too much workload. Shortstaffed. The team mates in hsbc are the worst. They are not warmth to the new ones and not helpful at all. If you are not from banking, they look down on you. And if thats the case, why bother hiring right? Honestly it is so micro managed and toxic. And also, if you make any mistakes, they will just embarrass you infront of so many people. Even when you are new to work they will still expect you to know all. Also, hr is not friendly at all. When they wanted to hire, they were super friendly and even told me that i can call them any time when i need help but after joining I am not able to speak to them at all or when i email them, there is no reply.

So-so

Progression is extremely hard for special grade clerk, hiring managers personally do not like to hire internally and would prefer external applicants. Working environment is “okay”.

Fantastic place to work

HSBC is a good place to work. I had to quit the job due to the implementation of automation in Singapore region. We used to interact with Relation Manager and also with customers. I started my career in HSBC net where I used take care of documents of customer before they were on-boarded.

Pros

There were no scope for free launches

Cons

Depends on Business requirement

A typical day at work

Handles large volume of payments. Provide support to shipping /large corporate customers. Ensure prompt attention is given to processing payments and resolving queries within same day. Reply to customers through emails, telephones. Provide feedback to customers and management. Advise on status of incoming funds.

Pros

Challenging as it keeps one thinking and alert and on the toes

Cons

Hectic and tiring at times but satisfying

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HSBC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare HSBC with