Here to help
Information from HSBC:

HSBC Employee Reviews for IT Engineer

IT Engineer3 reviews
Singapore3 reviews
My role as an I.T engineer in HSBC was another experience that enabled enabled me to develop myself professionally in the area of leadership. I was a team leader and was able to manage my team meeting targets and deadlines. A typical day at work involved mainly managing my team and supervising them with level-wide computer system upgrades with complex programs suited to the banking environment.

Most enjoyable part was the friendship and respect I gained from my team and also the knowledge I have expanded in the field of I.T.
My experience in HSBC was more of a learning curve that was pretty much unexpected. I had entered HSBC within an area that is my forte, however I had to unlearn and relearn certain aspects of computer knowledge which was quite challenging but I was glad to have overcome confidently. I have learned to people management and maintaining a healthy relationship with peers and colleagues. The most enjoyable part of the job was troubleshooting common problems as well as challenging problems that were often not easily solved by other technical team. My peers were equally enthusiastic and led by example in their manners and professionalism. The hardest part of my job probably came from customers weren't cooperative and demanding at times.
As an I.T. engineer at HSBC, a typical days sets off with us preparing a list of computers/ stations to upgrade and troubleshoot. While this job seems very technical to me in the beginning, I began to realise that it's more customer service oriented. I came across users from all age group and it became harder to communicate with the less technology savvy aged group. Taking that challenge to my stride, I successfully earned a positive reputation among these group of people in particular due to my pleasant disposition in handling them and offering my assistance. My co workers were integral to my job scope as we have to communicate often and work closely. They were a great bunch of lads, and over a month, I became good at my job that I was elected to train the new colleagues. The most enjoyable aspect of my job was learning new things and finding a solution for problems in order to bring that satisfaction to our users.
Pros
Good remueration, supervisor and welfar
Cons
Overtime required, weekend work.