HSBC

Singapore94 reviews

Clear

Found 38 reviews matching the searchSee all 14,596 reviews

Global exposure

Great place to grow your career with global exposure and friendly colleagues. Managers are willing to teach you and there is good respect for employees

Productive and fun workplace

The job scope is very clearly defined and appropriate guidance was given for me to adequately complete the job. The work culture is quite relaxing and not very intense.

HSBC insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Supportive environment

Great place to work in terms of work-life balance and family culture.

Enjoy working with the staff in HSBC Bank. They were very helpful and supportive. The environment is a good model for any company to adopt in terms of learning, keep healthy and interaction.

In general unfriendly culture. They tend to work in silos.

Unfortunately, I belonged to a department that did not value too much collaboration between teams. People work in silos. There is no growth unless people resign. You will not get promoted due to a blueprint format of the team. They don't do individual promotions.

Great work life balance

Overall supportive culture, great place to work in. Management allows flexibility to work from home and gives time off for emergencies. Benefits are great as well.

What I love about my role

The most enjoyable part of my role is working with clients, understanding their needs and finding solutions to make their life easier. I enjoy the collaboration between departments working towards a common goal.

A good job opportunity.

New management in this department is much better than the previous one. Very understanding and there are many opportunities not only in Singapore but globally.

Pros

Friendly environment.

Great work place

I have been to this place since 1 year. Awesome place to learn new things, meet nice people in a supportive environment. Great office area to work as well.

Collaborative culture

Collaborative culture and welcoming work environment. Strong risk management with long term vision. Common to see employees with over 10, 15 years of experience with the institution.

Good teamwork and communication

Workplace culture was very positive. Sales & RM team were very bonded and work was always enjoyable. Head of department was very fun and humble, treated his team members equally and did not discriminate.

Pros

Fun and productive team, very little pressure

Cons

Not much potential for promotion

Engaging Work Environment

The work ambiance is engaging with helpful colleagues. However, organisation is a large MNC hence, changes are slow and many work are still manual and communications between departments are fragmented. Staff are willing to go extra mile for customer service and problem solving, however, due to the fragemented culture amongst departments, the process becomes a tedious maze of back and forth communication.

Pros

Staff Health Benefits

Cons

Long hours, fragmented culture with organisation

productive workplace

Everyone is extremely focused when it come to HSBC, which in turn becomes its drawback. The work culture is great, but the employee often tabao and eat while wokring

Good place to work and grow

Good leadership and culture Great support from colleagues Good opportunity to learn an opportunity to move to other roles within the bank Good place to grow and learn

Pros

Good worklife balance

Cons

Occasional long hours

Productive and fun

Great experience because of good boss and mentor. Colleagues are also fun and nice to get along with. Given a lot of autonomy to work independently. Recommended.

Pros

Nice colleagues

Cons

Nil

Clear direction

It is important to develop good working relationship with fellow colleagues from various departments in order to enhance the quality of work in the organisation. Taking initiative and being objective in making decisions at work is crucial.

Good and fun place to work at

Great place to work at and able to meet many people and learn different culture. Good work opportunity and equality. Many events cater for different countries people and culture. However long working hours due to backward system. Great place with great boss to work with.

Pros

Good overseas opportunity

Cons

fun place but i didn't fit in

my boss was the same one from AIA. he entrusted the seniors to work by themselves. i was one of them. i couldn't cope with working alone after working with my teammates for 2 years. i really struggled.

Good

Good place to work as a contract staff. Conducive and enjoyable learning environment with caring colleagues and management team. Workload is reasonable with plenty of space for growth and development.

Before I left the company, a system was introduced to track the productivity of operations. Which enable line managers to have a clear view of team and individual productivity and able to properly advice the team members on areas to improve.

Friendly and supportive in progression

The environment in HSBC allows staffs to grow in their roles and in career progressions. Managers encourages staffs in speaking up their views and feedbacks on improvements and possible enhancement to build a better work environment. Staffs are also encouraged to apply for roles within the country or overseas for career progressions.

My team members are helpful, even when a mistake is made they will take their time to teach me or correct me. My avp has a very hands off approach he trusts us to make our own judgements. The departments are very inclusive they didnt treat me like a temp worker but one of their own. They constantly look out for opportunities for me.

Pros

Good culture

Cons

The singaporean work culture where you have to work longer to show your hard work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HSBC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare HSBC with