HSBC

Clear
3.6Job Security & Advancement

Found 38 reviews matching the searchSee all 14,596 reviews

Global exposure

Great place to grow your career with global exposure and friendly colleagues. Managers are willing to teach you and there is good respect for employees

Toxic management

I literally wasted almost 6 months of my life. Waited one month for this background check and i only worked here for 5 months. In this 5 months i was already so stressed up. Too much workload. Shortstaffed. The team mates in hsbc are the worst. They are not warmth to the new ones and not helpful at all. If you are not from banking, they look down on you. And if thats the case, why bother hiring right? Honestly it is so micro managed and toxic. And also, if you make any mistakes, they will just embarrass you infront of so many people. Even when you are new to work they will still expect you to know all. Also, hr is not friendly at all. When they wanted to hire, they were super friendly and even told me that i can call them any time when i need help but after joining I am not able to speak to them at all or when i email them, there is no reply.

HSBC insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Supportive environment

good

People who like to have a work life balance and have a time to relax and enjoy the work they do Alstom provides them all those opportunities. veryvery

Fun place to work

Values work life balance. Excellent employee-employer relationship. Stressfree working environment. Best place to grow and enhance skills for career growth and advancement.

Good

Good very good 👍 happy work life balance team meeting good learnings and other opportunities for fresher and no dress code be free only aged people occupied the company disadvantage

Productive and fun workplace

The job scope is very clearly defined and appropriate guidance was given for me to adequately complete the job. The work culture is quite relaxing and not very intense.

stressed work place with minimal pay

low salary and bonus, little perks and benefits, stressful and busy life, jurassic it system, sometimes relaxed environment, good office locations, popular company

Great place to work in terms of work-life balance and family culture.

Enjoy working with the staff in HSBC Bank. They were very helpful and supportive. The environment is a good model for any company to adopt in terms of learning, keep healthy and interaction.

In general unfriendly culture. They tend to work in silos.

Unfortunately, I belonged to a department that did not value too much collaboration between teams. People work in silos. There is no growth unless people resign. You will not get promoted due to a blueprint format of the team. They don't do individual promotions.

Stressful

Now the management has changed. The process and environment has changed a lot. If the management was how it was previously, most likely most people would love to stay. Other than that, its fine.

So-so

Progression is extremely hard for special grade clerk, hiring managers personally do not like to hire internally and would prefer external applicants. Working environment is “okay”.

Own time

I was there as a contract staff so the full time staff weren't very stringent with us and we are often left on our own to finish whatever tasks we were assigned.

Na

No transparency Management, news comes too sudden and you are not well informed in advance eg outsourcing of work to offshore. complicated process and keep changing.

Pros

Remote working

Cons

Long hours & unfriendly & unhelpful colleagues, not a good training ground

A good job opportunity.

New management in this department is much better than the previous one. Very understanding and there are many opportunities not only in Singapore but globally.

Pros

Friendly environment.

Collaborative culture

Collaborative culture and welcoming work environment. Strong risk management with long term vision. Common to see employees with over 10, 15 years of experience with the institution.

Good teamwork and communication

Workplace culture was very positive. Sales & RM team were very bonded and work was always enjoyable. Head of department was very fun and humble, treated his team members equally and did not discriminate.

Pros

Fun and productive team, very little pressure

Cons

Not much potential for promotion

productive workplace

Everyone is extremely focused when it come to HSBC, which in turn becomes its drawback. The work culture is great, but the employee often tabao and eat while wokring

Good place to work and grow

Good leadership and culture Great support from colleagues Good opportunity to learn an opportunity to move to other roles within the bank Good place to grow and learn

Pros

Good worklife balance

Cons

Occasional long hours

Productive and fun

Great experience because of good boss and mentor. Colleagues are also fun and nice to get along with. Given a lot of autonomy to work independently. Recommended.

Pros

Nice colleagues

Cons

Nil

Fantastic place to work

HSBC is a good place to work. I had to quit the job due to the implementation of automation in Singapore region. We used to interact with Relation Manager and also with customers. I started my career in HSBC net where I used take care of documents of customer before they were on-boarded.

Pros

There were no scope for free launches

Cons

Depends on Business requirement

Good

Good place to work as a contract staff. Conducive and enjoyable learning environment with caring colleagues and management team. Workload is reasonable with plenty of space for growth and development.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HSBC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare HSBC with